Thinksound Rain2 to pour in ears soon: Impressions and Discussions Thread
Dec 17, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #166 of 350
  Hey Aaron just wanna let you know I've never heard your companies products, though I was highly torn recently with regards to the rain2 and On1 until I found this other recent deal.
I will have you know sir that judging from various other reviews from the net I will MOST certainly keep the On1 in the back of my mind. I say this as the reviews have been nothing but stellar and going beyong the performance offered with the headphones, I have heard many comment on the quality of service you offer your customers. I look forward to being one of those customers in the near future when come this march/april for my b-day I drop down for a portable rig.
I have personally never owned nor really heard/enjoyed music out of any headphones, much less anything on par with what is being described thus far. I look forward to making my first headphone a thinksound headphone at whatever price is offered at that time.

Thank you Aaron for getting on this forum at all and putting yourself out there when you easily could have ignored us, or had someone with a lot more time to do this. Not everyone can keep perspective and it would behoove those who might be "upset" or "frustrated" to forgive and forget and give this company, this man the benefit of the doubt.

I would give the man the benefit of doubt but not the company.

If you have to refer, don't patronise me and atleast be brave enough to refer to me personally than in third person.Trust me , I wont be offended.

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #167 of 350

I would give the man the benefit of doubt but not the company.

If you have to refer, don't patronise me and atleast be brave enough to refer to me personally than in third person.Trust me , I wont be offended.

I'm not attempting to offend nor start a needless argument with someone I don't know. Simply put its not worth my time. However, since you have taken offense to this personally instead of just taking what I said for what it was. Know that I was speaking in general terms seeing as how there is other people living on this earth besides I and you. Also it might just be possible that they to put their shoes on the wrong foot this morning and can't possibly see the world beyond themselves.

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #170 of 350
Let me clarify Aaron.

No ones taking it personally nor is anyone referring to you personally but the Amazon store carries your brand name. I don't know you or Thinksound

but the claim was that Thinksound is offering a product and Thinksound is offering a discount so the blame ends up on you.

If Amazon was the one advertising the discount, they would be fair game and besides the only bit of communication from you came way too late leading buyers to

believe that they had missed the deal since it was advertised as being open at 11am and would be gone without notice if we didn't hurry.

We rushed but there was nothing there to our dismay. I tried and tried but no luck since I have listened to the On1 and even commented on a review here by Loquah

a few days ago as to how great sounding they were. I along with other buyers really wanted a pair but to no avail and now I,m not sure I want it anymore.

Here,s a link to the review posted on the 22/11/14;

http://www.head-fi.org/products/thinksound-on1-supra-aural-on-ear-monitor-wooden-headphone/reviews/11996

And heres my comment on these:

"Great review Loquah, I have very similar impressions as these always impress whenever I listen to them.

You can never put a finger on what it is but there is something about these headphones"

So No, its nothing personal, just frustrating.

@gikigill I appreciate the review but keep in mind this was not a code that was something advertised or anything.  While we do have a storefront on amazon the codes must be approved by them and their system doesn't seem to be playing nicely to say the least.  If I cannot resolve the issue with the amazon storefront tomorrow I will make something available directly through us to make up for the mistakes on their side.  This is quite frustrating for us as well especially since I am 1 of 2 full-time employees, being on the phone with amazon support for 4 hours then another 2 hour call after hours during the busiest week of the year isn't how I wanted to be spending our time.  Again, this wasn't supposed to be advertised but I will offer it more widely when the glitch is taken care of.

Also keep in mind that there is a ton of fake and unauthorized dealers on amazon that are selling goods with our name and not from us.  There is a full list on our site on dealers that are unauthorized.  

I appreciate the feedback but please understand I am a 2 man operation dealing with a billion dollar company.

Thanks
Aaron
-thinksound

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #171 of 350
We complete understand Aaron. Though it kinda sucks that I won't be able to hear your newer product(loved the On1 when I auditioned it,btw) it partly our fault for not snapping up the deal when it came up.

Will keep an eye out for these when they become more widely available. Cheers!

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #172 of 350
Amazon should be the ones compensating somehow IMHO.
Take for example times in the past there have been price glitches that have been honoured, no difference it is another of their mistakes ( last I recall being the  DT250 which many got at a serious price error, but those that got cut off complained and many were also given compensation by Amazon in the form of coupons/future credit I think ).

Has anyone who attempted the buy tried to complain to Amazon about it?
Best of luck to all.

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #173 of 350
Unfortunately it would work to do that either.  It wasn't an amazon promotion but rather an unadvertised deal that wasn't processed correctly by amazon software tech when the deal was created.  Don't worry, it will be okay in the future.

thanks
Aaron

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #174 of 350
We complete understand Aaron. Though it kinda sucks that I won't be able to hear your newer product(loved the On1 when I auditioned it,btw) it partly our fault for not snapping up the deal when it came up.

Will keep an eye out for these when they become more widely available. Cheers!

While the on1 is an on-ear, it definitely has more bass and better slam than the msr7, right..? 
smile_phones.gif

Either way, still waiting on a good deal on those on-ears.

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #175 of 350
Aaron,
Thank you for taking the time to try to explain the events from your perspective. Although there is a lot of frustration and disappointment in this group, I'm sure it will pass. It does sound like Amazon has let us all down this time.

I was one of those who tried to order the Rain2 at the $49.95 price and was unable to do so. My understanding was that the offer was good through Sunday, and i tried to place my order at about 1am central time. I at first got the message that the code was invalid. Then on repeated attempts i was told it had expired.

I DID order the Rain2 through your company website and i DID receive the discount to $74.95. THANK YOU FOR OFFERING THE 25% DISCOUNT. It is truly appreciated.

I anxiously look forward to the Rain2's. From the reviews they are receiving, i'm sure i am going to like them. I will be posting a review later.

Thanks again, sir!
:beerchug:

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #176 of 350
  High end what?  Earbud, on-ear, over-ear?  I am always working on stuff and I have many different projects going.  I am working on an over-ear but I don't have really any info on it yet.  What would you like to see?

Thanks
Aaron

Hi Aaron! A high-end no-compromise in-ear monitor. Look at the Sennheiser ie800, Shure se846, AKG k3003 and Sony xba-z5 as examples of different takes on a high-end iem.

I can be more specific if you'd like to pm or email about it.

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #178 of 350
While the on1 is an on-ear, it definitely has more bass and better slam than the msr7, right..? :smile_phones:

Either way, still waiting on a good deal on those on-ears.

Yes and yes(not that that's hard to do). Comes with a little bloat though.

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #180 of 350
  I hear ya.  Mostly BAT drivers.  I like simple dynamic designs right now and stuff that isnt too flashy.  Im kind of old-fashioned but it may happen in the future.

-Aaron

A single well-done dynamic driver can really do things very nicely. The sennheiser IE800, the Dita Truth/Answer and Future Sonics' custom-fit in-ear monitors are examples of high end dynamics. Speaking of of Future Sonics, if you haven't chatted with Marty Garcia, you should sometime. I think you'd enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back