These HD600's are terrible, and so are ALL headphones! I give up!!
May 23, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #61 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by BHTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most of my listening is done with the Presonus Central Station. I also have a Creek OBH-21 from several years back. A Rane unit, can't remember the model # atm. Built a cmoy once, but I don't use it much. A friend of mine let me borrow a Musical Fidelity X-can a couple of times. I also have a Behringer HA400 I bought a couple years ago on a whim for next to nothing (yes, it's junk). Anyway, all my headphones have been used with all of these, including the HD600's already. Like I said, the Central Station is my primary.. coaxial from the lga1366 motherboard atm.

Regardless, I really don't see what this has to do with 10-20+ dB peaks in FR.. lol.

I think most of you just aren't getting it. I want a headphone without this. Is that so much to ask? What's not to understand??

Been reading about the DT48. Seems interesting, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Get some Etynomic ER6 IEMs if you prefer flat uninspired sound. Sounds like that is what you are after.

May 23, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #62 of 325
Quote:

Most of my listening is done with the Presonus Central Station. I also have a Creek OBH-21 from several years back. A Rane unit, can't remember the model # atm. Built a cmoy once, but I don't use it much. A friend of mine let me borrow a Musical Fidelity X-can a couple of times. I also have a Behringer HA400 I bought a couple years ago on a whim for next to nothing (yes, it's junk). Anyway, all my headphones have been used with all of these, including the HD600's already. Like I said, the Central Station is my primary.. coaxial from the lga1366 motherboard atm.

Regardless, I really don't see what this has to do with 10-20+ dB peaks in FR.. lol.

I think most of you just aren't getting it. I want a headphone without this. Is that so much to ask? What's not to understand??

Been reading about the DT48. Seems interesting, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I personally haven’t heard any of your amps with the 600’s. You on the other hand haven’t heard your 600’s amped properly.

Lets talk again after you’ve heard them through a balanced Beta 22.

May 23, 2009 at 9:35 AM Post #63 of 325
LOL some of the best lines of utter nonsense litter this thread......... As always opinions are what they are.

May 23, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #64 of 325
OP:

1) Is there a reason you started to experiment with headphones in the first place?
2) Do you listen to music on the go with a portable device or is such a sidestep out of the question?
3) Would you have any interest in designing your own pair of headphones to meet your requirements?
4) What kind of music do you listen to?
5) Do you play any music yourself?

May 23, 2009 at 9:41 AM Post #65 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suppose nobody pointed the OP to the HeadRoom Graphs?

graphCompare.php

This page can also help OP to interpret graph, in case he doesn't know how
wink.gif

May 23, 2009 at 9:52 AM Post #66 of 325
Quote:

Beyerdynamic DT770's (disgusting!.. bass was unbearable)

dt770/pro I guess? I fully agree, too much clamping! but the consumer version sounds just fine, and the LME49720 make the bass very natural and maybe a bit shy
biggrin.gif

I just kill 2 spikes at 7K/10K to leave the trebles from resonating.

seinnheiser is also not my thing.

May 23, 2009 at 9:59 AM Post #67 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally haven’t heard any of your amps with the 600’s. You on the other hand haven’t heard your 600’s amped properly.

Lets talk again after you’ve heard them through a balanced Beta 22.

This is nonsensical advice.The op is horrendously dissatisfied with his 'phones. Throwing money into expensive amplification isn't going to "fix" his perceived 20dB peaks in the FR.

May 23, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #68 of 325
The problem is that the OP doesn't have OCD, he has OCPD, which is a mostly unrelated disorder centered around issues of perfectionism. It's a DSM-listed disorder, and very difficult to deal with, and it's a disorder that many, many people here probably suffer from.

Here's the start of an essay on OCPD/perfectionism:

"Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD) is a pervasive characterological disturbance involving one's generalized style and beliefs in the way one relates to themselves and the world. Persons with OCPD are typically deeply entrenched in their dysfunctional beliefs and genuinely see their way of functioning as the "correct" way. Their overall style of relating to the world around them is processed through their own strict standards. While generally their daily experience is such that "all is not well," they tend to be deeply committed to their own beliefs and patterns. The depth of ones belief that "my way is the correct way" makes them resistant to accepting the premise that it is in their best interest to let go of "truth owning." Yet letting go of truth is paramount in their recovery. For the purposes of this article "truth" is defined as a person's rigidly held belief which s/he feels is universally applicable. Most often, blame for ones internal strife, is placed on external circumstances or the environment."

It's very important to note the last sentence, since the OP is BLAMING HEADPHONES and EVERY OTHER HEADPHONE LISTENER, when the real problem is within himself.

Here's the link to the full piece:

OCD ONLINE - The RIGHT Stuff - Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder: A defect of Philosophy, not Anxiety

May 23, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #69 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jingo Lingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is nonsensical advice.The op is horrendously dissatisfied with his 'phones. Throwing money into expensive amplification isn't going to "fix" his perceived 20dB peaks in the FR.

Wasn’t asking the op to buy expensive equipment, more to gain the experience (go to a meet) and listen to a 600 with world class amplification.

May 23, 2009 at 10:37 AM Post #70 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by greggf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD) is a pervasive characterological disturbance involving one's generalized style and beliefs in the way one relates to themselves and the world. Persons with OCPD are typically deeply entrenched in their dysfunctional beliefs and genuinely see their way of functioning as the "correct" way. Their overall style of relating to the world around them is processed through their own strict standards. While generally their daily experience is such that "all is not well," they tend to be deeply committed to their own beliefs and patterns. The depth of ones belief that "my way is the correct way" makes them resistant to accepting the premise that it is in their best interest to let go of "truth owning." Yet letting go of truth is paramount in their recovery. For the purposes of this article "truth" is defined as a person's rigidly held belief which s/he feels is universally applicable. Most often, blame for ones internal strife, is placed on external circumstances or the environment."

eek.gif
Can it be cured?

May 23, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #71 of 325
Quote:

Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD) is a pervasive characterological disturbance involving one's generalized style and beliefs in the way one relates to themselves and the world. Persons with OCPD are typically deeply entrenched in their dysfunctional beliefs and genuinely see their way of functioning as the "correct" way. Their overall style of relating to the world around them is processed through their own strict standards. While generally their daily experience is such that "all is not well," they tend to be deeply committed to their own beliefs and patterns. The depth of ones belief that "my way is the correct way" makes them resistant to accepting the premise that it is in their best interest to let go of "truth owning." Yet letting go of truth is paramount in their recovery. For the purposes of this article "truth" is defined as a person's rigidly held belief which s/he feels is universally applicable"

Isn't that also called being stubborn/strong opinion in belief (and religious)

May 23, 2009 at 11:00 AM Post #72 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wasn’t asking the op to buy expensive equipment, more to gain the experience (go to a meet) and listen to a 600 with world class amplification.

Why is it world class? Because it's expensive?? Because people at this forum have said that it is???

In all seriousness though, have you dealt with any of these amplifiers that you refer to as "world class"? What makes them seem so great to you?

May 23, 2009 at 11:06 AM Post #73 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious, have you given a listen to the Beyerdynamic DT48? It's a cult favorite (for two or three of us
smily_headphones1.gif
) that's one of the best transducers I've listened to. A lot of recent purchasers have been unhappy with it, mostly because it doesn't sound like anything else and has "no bass" even though it produces the notes. From what I've read and experienced, it seems very flat and neutral. It reminds me of the Quads and homemade ribbons I built - both of which measure flat.

Interesting indeed (DT48):
800px-DT48_fq.jpg

May 23, 2009 at 11:09 AM Post #74 of 325
I want to reiterate that OCPD and OCD are not the same thing. Read the article on the link.

In recent years, there has been some talk in psychiatry about changing the name of OCPD to something less liable to being confused with OCD. "Perfectionistic Personality Disorder" has been one common suggestion.

The name change is not likely to happen, for social reasons, mainly, since our society actually value the rather joyless trait of perfectionism in certain career fields. We all want perfectionistic surgeons. We want an intercity bus driver to be a sort of perfectionist. We'd even like a perfectionistic car mechanic or software engineer, although one seldom turns up.
tongue.gif

The problem is when we run across a perfectionistic vacuum cleaner salesman, or a perfectionistic gym teacher, or a perfectionistic husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend.

Or a perfectionistic Head-Fier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back