These HD600's are terrible, and so are ALL headphones! I give up!!
May 27, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #317 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I must say, just scanning through this all, I found it quite interesting! Haha

Curious, did the OP ever even say which speaker setup he was using to compare his headphones to?

He did not specifically mention it, but he did say that he has gone through a lot of audio systems and he designed speakers. So I can assume his rig is not too shabby.

This is indeed an entertaining thread. The OP is certainly a unique person who sees himself as having a superior intellect; and although he stated that he is not judgmental, in his opinion, most of us who enjoy our headphone setups can't be very intelligent. Hey, he must be a special someone...I have not come across anyone who has vivid memories of when he was two...and has a passion for audio reproduction at such a young age. He must be a child prodigy or genius; and now he has come of age and has come to this forum to enlighten us. Now, do we need to build a statue in his image to worship him and seek wisdom from him?

May 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #318 of 325
Wow, I have seen threads derailed by others before, but this is the first time I have seen one so completey derailed by the OP!
Seriously, how on earth does a headphone thread get into subjects as far afield as the religious climate in Texas or gay rights??!

May 27, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #319 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I have seen threads derailed by others before, but this is the first time I have seen one so completey derailed by the OP!
Seriously, how on earth does a headphone thread get into subjects as far afield as the religious climate in Texas or gay rights??!

No idea, but the considering the thread was originally "you're all crazy to like equipment that is always flawed to the point of uselessness" maybe the new, better thread is actually an improvement.
beerchug.gif

May 27, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #320 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by BHTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As with many things in life, there's really no best beyond a certain point, only different sets of flaws. This is especially true with audio.

That is sad. How do you live?

May 27, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #321 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kachui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He did not specifically mention it, but he did say that he has gone through a lot of audio systems and he designed speakers. So I can assume his rig is not too shabby.

This is indeed an entertaining thread. The OP is certainly a unique person who sees himself as having a superior intellect; and although he stated that he is not judgmental, in his opinion, most of us who enjoy our headphone setups can't be very intelligent. Hey, he must be a special someone...I have not come across anyone who has vivid memories of when he was two...and has a passion for audio reproduction at such a young age. He must be a child prodigy or genius; and now he has come of age and has come to this forum to enlighten us. Now, do we need to build a statue in his image to worship him and seek wisdom from him?

Too bad he left head-fi, we'll need a picture for the bust.

May 27, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #322 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by BHTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
manaox2: Thank you.

DefectiveAudioComponent: In other threads, you were polite and found me helpful. Here, you follow the masses. Earlier in this thread, someone made a ridiculous statement about me being a robot. I find this very ironic.

Actually, I'm sorry about my comment now that I see that there are quite a few personal attacks against you here.

May 27, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #323 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kachui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now, do we need to build a statue in his image to worship him and seek wisdom from him?

A statue of a shepherd would be appropriate since he claims we are all sheep.

Nov 9, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #324 of 325
HD600 sounds like the only headphone that has no fatiguing character to me. Despite being a bit slow in some areas. The highs are a good balance between fast and well damped, not veiled.

All these studio headphones have pretty flat phase and frequency responses. Even DT770 sounds quite flat if you don't have a crappy source!

Nov 12, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #325 of 325
I actually feel sorry for the OP...
He claimed to be an audio expert but if he really was then he would've already known that there really is not such thing as a "perfect" or a "flawless" headphone. We do have our own favourites however. If that's not good enough for him then he's not who he claims to be AND he's missing the point...

The funny thing is,- you don't join Head-Fi if you don't like headphones...wherever he is now all these years later - he's probably got about 20 different headphones all lined up next to his exotic hifi system - just like the rest of us!!...

He was probably going through a fad that many of us go through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back