There's Something About Ultrasone…
Feb 24, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #5,641 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a warranty on ultrasone pro headphones, did you try to claim it?

my friend got it for me, but lost the receipt :p im not complaining... so i just step up and got the Pro 900... Even with one channel on the left it just sounds soo good :p HAHA

Feb 24, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #5,642 of 5,942
Maybe your friend can contact the seller to make another receipt for you or something? If he paid by credit card maybe he can show it to the seller as proof. Seems like a real shame for it to break by itself and not claiming warranty.

Feb 24, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #5,643 of 5,942
yeah tried all that :p, cant remember which ebay seller and all...

Feb 24, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #5,644 of 5,942
Still love my 2500's, they play everything brilliantly and are just the most hard wearing and comfortable phones I have ever had.

Am seriously considering saving up for some top end ones, a big leap between mine and those alas, but I am so fond of these guys.

Feb 25, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #5,645 of 5,942
If you want to hear Ultrasone's famous or "notorious" (depending on your perspective and opinion) surround effect, try listening to some of the classics instead of pop or rock. For example, right now I'm listening to music by Handel. The Utrasone surround effect really "shines" in such recordings giving the listener the effect that they are completely surrounded by the music. Not everyone appreciates this listening perspective, preferring instead for the music to be in the listener's head or in front of them. Musicians tend to like the Ultrasones perhaps because they are accustomed to the perspective of being surrounded by the music because that is their perspective when they play their instruments in an ensemble situation.

Feb 25, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #5,646 of 5,942
The surround sound thing actually put me off at first, I probably got them confused with those 5.1 phones for listening to movies on. Thought it was a gimmick but it is so natural, the sound stage is wonderful.

Haven't the Senn 800's got angled drivers?

Feb 26, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #5,647 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by stvn758 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The surround sound thing actually put me off at first, I probably got them confused with those 5.1 phones for listening to movies on. Thought it was a gimmick but it is so natural, the sound stage is wonderful.

Haven't the Senn 800's got angled drivers?

If, by asking if the Senn 800's have angled drivers, you are indicating that the Ultrasones have angled drivers, I want to tell you that the Ultrasones do not have angled drivers. The drivers sit straight and flat in their "cups" in the Ultrasones.
I agree with you about the Ultrasone sound stage.

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #5,648 of 5,942
is there anyone who has dead or non working ultrasones that they want to throw away i may be interested. i don't care if theyre in bad condition or stripped of their drivers/headband. i want part of the frames of hifi580 and above models,pro550+ for a DIY project
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #5,649 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pinna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If, by asking if the Senn 800's have angled drivers, you are indicating that the Ultrasones have angled drivers, I want to tell you that the Ultrasones do not have angled drivers. The drivers sit straight and flat in their "cups" in the Ultrasones.
I agree with you about the Ultrasone sound stage.

They are placed differently from other phones though, aren't they? That's how they get the surround sound effect I thought, right at the bottom of the cups.

Should of been more specific. Off to read a Sennheiser thread, see what difference it makes to their sound.
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #5,651 of 5,942
So i got my ultrasone pro 750s earlier this week, and i've noticed that the right driver is slightly louder than the left driver on most tracks. It's pretty noticeable, it feels like the music is originating slightly to the right.
I'm running my headphones straight out of my realtek onboard soundcard.
What could be the cause of this? I'm going to try running my headphones out of another source and see how that goes.

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #5,652 of 5,942
It's possibly a manufacturing defect, I've heard one certain case of that happening, and two others suspecting it. First make sure you try different tracks because some are recorded with one side louder hehe. Then try mono DSP on your mp3 player or computer media player and be sure to also test the headphones worn backwards. If certain it is faulty go claim the warranty.

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #5,653 of 5,942
...the left driver stop working after of 40 Hours of break in, in my HFI-780. Very bad tolerance to input power handling, had those drivers. I don't have the same issue with the new drivers, which have much better quality. And much more tolerance to input power....
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Pro 750 fell into pieces, the headband padding came off after just 7 month. Right speaker also went dead....

That happens...
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably wasnt lucky, s.h.i.t. happens.
smily_headphones1.gif
cant really expect any company to maintain 100% quality...

Or he can try to balance the volume bar in the right channel, in sound and audio device properties -> Volume -> Speaker's volume...
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's possibly a manufacturing defect, I've heard one certain case of that happening, and two others suspecting it. First make sure you try different tracks because some are recorded with one side louder hehe. Then try mono DSP on your mp3 player or computer media player and be sure to also test the headphones worn backwards. If certain it is faulty go claim the warranty.

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #5,654 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So i got my ultrasone pro 750s earlier this week, and i've noticed that the right driver is slightly louder than the left driver on most tracks. It's pretty noticeable, it feels like the music is originating slightly to the right.
I'm running my headphones straight out of my realtek onboard soundcard.
What could be the cause of this? I'm going to try running my headphones out of another source and see how that goes.

Did you make sure you're sound levels are balanced in sound properties on the windows task bar?

Any luck from a different source?

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #5,655 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you make sure you're sound levels are balanced in sound properties on the windows task bar?

Any luck from a different source?

It has to be my onboard soundcard, i tried it on my brother's computer and several other sources and they are perfectly fine. I've checked everything and it all seems to be balanced, i even uninstalled the crap Realtek audio driver and it's still like that. I'm using Windows 7 and the only volume control besides the music player that i've found is "Speaker Properties->Level" and the speaker volumes are level there. Are there any other places settings i should check for?

I'm just going to get the Xonar Essence ST and call it a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back