Jan 17, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #346 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does this open up that much?

In a word, James, yes!
750prolinebx3.png

Jan 17, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #348 of 5,942
Hey James,

Can you utilize your impressive, yet unmentionable powers to correct the title of this thread?

It should read: Ultrasone PROline 750, 2500, or HFI 2200 ULE?

Of course when I started the thread nearly 3 months ago, I was entirely new to Ultrasone and didn't realize my typo for a good long while, but these days, as it keeps on going, I find myself constantly wishing it could be corrected for the sake of archival accuracy.
wink.gif

Cheers, Dex

Jan 17, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #349 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey James,

Can you utilize your impressive, yet unmentionable powers to correct the title of this thread?

It should read: Ultrasone PROline 750, 2500, or HFI 2200 ULE?

Of course when I started the thread nearly 3 months ago, I was entirely new to Ultrasone and didn't realize my typo for a good long while, but these days, as it keeps on going, I find myself constantly wishing it could be corrected for the sake of archival accuracy.
wink.gif

Cheers, Dex

Dex,

The post quoted above clearly shows that you should only be using an open headphone because of your very close minded nature. Should you use a closed headphone you run the risk of very serious injury as the result of the build up of the music within in your head with no place to escape.

Just to be on the safe side I suggest that you send me your Proline 750s and 650s as soon as possible for safe keeping until you become a little more open minded. Just PM me and I'll send you my address.

Jan 18, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #352 of 5,942
Quote:

Are you loopy with a contact buzz from that re-cable job, Ralph?
smokeing.gif

Quote:

Wot, no more open-minded/closed-minded banter? Ralph, you're lettin' the side down here!
tongue.gif

After reading that first quote I thought of what Walter Neff said to Phyllis Dietrichson in the 1944 film noir classic "Double Indemnity": "That tears it."

(The entire exchange which ends with those three words can be seem by following this link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036775/quotes

(it's the set that starts with the line: Phyllis: "Mr. Neff, why don't you drop by tomorrow evening about eight-thirty. He'll be in then.")

Or in other words, I kinda got the feeling you didn't take to kindly to my last little exchange, calling me loopy and all. You should know that I don't use nor have I ever used a coiled cable, calling me loopy, why I oughta....

Just be thankful there's a whole big ocean between us!!
wink.gif

Back to the matter at hand, I'm finding my pair of Proline 2500s are really starting to come into their own now that they have over 200 hours of burn in on them. Funny thing is I'm not really all that picky when it comes to open versus closed design, I much more concerned with the actual music that I'm listening to.

Jan 18, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #356 of 5,942
[size=xx-small]PROline 750 progress tidbits...[/size]

This morning, after 36 hours the bass is still the predominent frequency region displayed. Not boomy, but deep. Highs have opened up a tad - hoping for more, along with some midrange. Overall, details are still a bit smeared. But that soundstaging is really fascinating. I really want to spend more time getting acclimated to it, as I think it is doing something..."right" (that's the only way I know how to describe it atm). I'm not listening to any other headphones this week in order to wean myself off the standard headphone-type sound.

Switched over the John Mayer's "Continuum" before leaving for work. Undoubtedly more to follow...

Jan 18, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #357 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=xx-small]PROline 750 progress tidbits...[/size]

This morning, after 36 hours the bass is still the predominent frequency region displayed. Not boomy, but deep. Highs have opened up a tad - hoping for more, along with some midrange. Overall, details are still a bit smeared. But that soundstaging is really fascinating. I really want to spend more time getting acclimated to it, as I think it is doing something..."right" (that's the only way I know how to describe it atm). I'm not listening to any other headphones this week in order to wean myself off the standard headphone-type sound.

Switched over the John Mayer's "Continuum" before leaving for work. Undoubtedly more to follow...

I think that finally we got you into the darn Ultrasone "surgery room" to get that brain transplant, eh? ...
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Now all you need is the Cross-1 to be in heaven...

Jan 18, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #359 of 5,942
Quote:

What is the Cross-1?

Jan Meier's crossfeed circuit:

cross1front480a.jpg

For more info, go here, then click on the "Crossfeed Filter" link under the "Projects" menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back