THE ZMF ATRIUM!!! and other cool LTD ZMF Stuff
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #136 of 1,373

Right. We have two different scenarios here, don't we?

Scenario 1 - You: Armed with inside knowledge as far back as two years ago that the Auteur v2 is coming, in your own words, you decided not to buy the original Auteur.

Scenario 2- Me (and possibly Requia to whom you were replying to "keep his wits about him"): Average but loyal ZMF customer, already owning the Aeolus and the Verite, I decide to add the Auteur to my collection recently, not knowing anything about its impending discontinuation and planned relaunch with improved dampening and slightly improved drivers as the Auteur Classic.

I guess the LOL is on us fitting under scenario 2?

And again, as I said above, of course companies refresh their product line all the time. ZMF did nothing wrong and, as a fan of everything they are about, I am happy to see the new products. Requia and me were just simply stating that we got our timing wrong and as such feel a bit bad inside at having dropped that €/$1.5k so recently.

Sorry, no more posts on this from me. I wasn't going to, but the moralizing from someone with inside knowledge seemed off. I realize this thread is about getting excited about the Atrium. I'll scurry back to my Auteur v1 thread. :)

Mar 18, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #137 of 1,373
I feel so conflicted. Not that I don't absolutely love my Auteur—they're my favorite headphones at the moment—but the Atrium isn't just aestheticially impressive, it sounds as if it might have the best features of all tree other headphones. If I would've known these announcements were coming just months down the line, I might not have gotten stabilized Auteur and opted for the for a few hundred more.

/sigh
I suppose it's time to add yet another pair of headphones to the list and get a second and third job. Haha
Even though I'm getting an Atrium, there's no way I'm selling my Auteur. Still pretty cool to have a stabilized Auteur because it seems like there are very few of them which certainly adds value given this version of the Auteur is no longer available.

Mar 18, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #138 of 1,373
Requia and me were just simply stating that we got our timing wrong and as such feel a bit bad inside at having dropped that €/$1.5k so recently.

I'm pretty sure you're misunderstanding me.

While there is obvious excitement over Atrium, which includes my own exuberance of course, I don't think it should be something to be rushed into purely for the sake of upgradeitis.

If you were to review everything I've said thus far, you'd find that nowhere did I compare the Atrium favorably to the Auteur, which I still love as much as I ever have.

EDIT: To include the quoted post

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #139 of 1,373
It’s New England, snow last week, 70 today 🤷🏼‍♂️
Reminds me of when I lived in Chicagoland. In-laws came to visit and I planned a big Memorial Day barbeque -- 16 slabs of baby backs.

It snowed (so I'm out on the deck cooking while everyone else is inside having fun).

Four days later it was in the 80s.

Mar 18, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #140 of 1,373
Sad to hear Eikon is to be discontinued. However, this will reinforce my intent to keep mine forever.

Mar 18, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #141 of 1,373
The mids of the Atrium are some of the best I've ever heard , so yes, the guitar and vocals of The Dead will sound fantastic.

I was listening to the Highwaymen and Johnny Cash the other night and I can honestly say that not only was it a fantastic sound, it literally felt as if i was in a very intimate venue with JC right in front of me.
The Atrium mids, and bass need to be experienced, then you'll understand

How's the Atrium with Metal Monster?

Mar 18, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #143 of 1,373
How's the Atrium with Metal Monster?
Without going into too much detail as my fat thumbs pound on my phone, I can say I've spent more time listening to metal in the last two weeks than I have in years.

I will of course talk about Atrium and metal in my video review

Mar 18, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #146 of 1,373
Mar 18, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #147 of 1,373
Without going into too much detail as my fat thumbs pound on my phone, I can say I've spent more time listening to metal in the last two weeks than I have in years.

I will of course talk about Atrium and metal in my video review
Thanks, can't wait to see your review :beerchug:

Mar 18, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #150 of 1,373
Atrium looks awesome but it costs the same as Verite.
Does it make sense to buy Atrium if you can get Verite for the same price?
Depends on what you prioritize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back