THE ZMF ATRIUM!!! and other cool LTD ZMF Stuff
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #121 of 1,373
Picture on a beautiful New England spring day!

IMG_2928.jpg
What? It's already spring there? Still winter for a few more days (weeks???) here in Oregon :)

Mar 18, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #122 of 1,373
Wow! Woke up just expecting new LTD woods and instead to a new headphone announcement. Happy to see ZMF pushing the boundary. It keeps my hope up for a ZMF planar!

Mar 18, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #123 of 1,373
So I've read every post here (I think), and nobody has addressed the key question:

Are they great Deadphones (like my Autuer)?

Mar 18, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #125 of 1,373
The grill in silver looks really exotic <3

Mar 18, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #126 of 1,373
So I've read every post here (I think), and nobody has addressed the key question:

Are they great Deadphones (like my Autuer)?
The mids of the Atrium are some of the best I've ever heard , so yes, the guitar and vocals of The Dead will sound fantastic.

I was listening to the Highwaymen and Johnny Cash the other night and I can honestly say that not only was it a fantastic sound, it literally felt as if i was in a very intimate venue with JC right in front of me.
The Atrium mids, and bass need to be experienced, then you'll understand

Mar 18, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #127 of 1,373
Haven't seen this mentioned yet but kudos to ZMF in not following the ludicrous pricing scheme that they could easily have been sucked into :)

The Atrium is not chump change and we're lucky to be able to own/plan on owning one but they've at least stuck with the same price as their prior flagship from years ago vs an increase 🍻

Mar 18, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #128 of 1,373
Haven't seen this mentioned yet but kudos to ZMF in not following the ludicrous pricing scheme that they could easily have been sucked into :)

The Atrium is not chump change and we're lucky to be able to own/plan on owning one but they've at least stuck with the same price as their prior flagship from years ago vs an increase 🍻
No no no we must demand ZMF release this secret project $5 wooden headphone. This officially kills the 4 figure price bracket. Sorry Zach, cat's out of the bag....

1647639421041.png

Mar 18, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #130 of 1,373
It’s New England, snow last week, 70 today 🤷🏼‍♂️
Yup, 70 here in the Hudson Valley, and I have this tiny patch of ice still clinging to life out back. Adorable in a weird way.

Mar 18, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #131 of 1,373
The bigger problem is the people that think they are the protagonist and the rest of us are NPCs and not protagonists ourselves ha! Aka those that lack empathy for differing viewpoints 😅

Don't even get me started... :D

I feel so conflicted. Not that I don't absolutely love my Auteur—they're my favorite headphones at the moment—but the Atrium isn't just aestheticially impressive, it sounds as if it might have the best features of all tree other headphones. If I would've known these announcements were coming just months down the line, I might not have gotten stabilized Auteur and opted for the for a few hundred more.

Wait, hold on, let's keep our wits about us here. :relaxed: If you're perfectly happy with what you've got, then by all means stay with it!

Though I have a decent collection of headphones here, I've always loved how the Auteur sounded. And I know that I've recommended it to at least a dozen people over the years when their preferences called for exactly that. In fact, though I needed a new headphone like a hole in the head, I almost pulled the trigger on an Auteur myself a couple of years ago. It was only because Zach mentioned the existence of a "Auteur 2" (a.k.a. Atrium) that I held off and waited.

So there's no need for any anguish here. Remember that new != better. No new headphone, from now until the end of time, is going to make the Auteur sound any worse.

Excellent - now I'm really looking forward to hearing these for myself.

I think that, even with your experience, you'll find them rather unique.

The Atrium mids, and bass need to be experienced, then you'll understand

Truth.

Mar 18, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #133 of 1,373
Though I have a decent collection of headphones here, I've always loved how the Auteur sounded. And I know that I've recommended it to at least a dozen people over the years when their preferences called for exactly that. In fact, though I needed a new headphone like a hole in the head, I almost pulled the trigger on an Auteur myself a couple of years ago. It was only because Zach mentioned the existence of a "Auteur 2" (a.k.a. Atrium) that I held off and waited.

Did he mention that publicly, the development of the Auteur 2?

Mar 18, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #134 of 1,373
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back