The Zishan dsd's corner
Feb 21, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #557 of 3,711
I have to say I'm not impressed with the screen cover. Even my fingernail can scratch it with no difficulty. I don't know if it's possible to polish a scratch out of soft plastic or how hard it would be, but it seems like sticking a screen protector on this thing is pretty much mandatory.

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #558 of 3,711
Car polish for matt finish usually works. Always try on a different piece of plastic first!

I had very good results with this stuff, also for mobile phone displays and tablets:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Automotive/Sonax-Car-Polish-250-ml/B00103AHWW

There is no cure for deep scratches except replacement.

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #559 of 3,711
Yeah unfortunately mine is on the screen itself (ie the lcd panel inside) so i was looking for a replacement screen to solder on.. any suggestions ?

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #560 of 3,711
So it doesn't have any identification codes written on it that you might be able to look up? I think the listing for the player on ebay belongs to the original maker so if you contact him through there he might be able to send you one.

Feb 22, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #561 of 3,711
The screen protector
You could grab a cheapo silicone based one somewhere local and  cut it down to size or something.

One I have had on my old Cowon from years ago is still in place perfectly fine :p  edited my post because i just looked at mine and yeah not the best. But they are cheap.

I've had great success with this brand  over the years.
 ScrenPatronus
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ScreenPatronus-Garmin-Dezl-770LMTHD-GPS-Anti-Glare-Screen-Protector-LIFETIME-/262600713453?hash=item3d2438e4ed:g:EM4AAOSwGtRXxWRl

Feb 23, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #565 of 3,711
News; D200 designer finished designing new amp E200, runs on Dual 18650 (2x 3500mAH!), 2x Rollable opamps, 2x LME498610 Buffers, choice of 30V or 20V circuit voltage, Vishay resistors, Rifa output caps, 6.3mm socket... Drool.

Notice he has a pimping purple D200+ AK4497 dap for himself, haha.

Does anybody knows if the amp is already on sale? Can somebody provide a link?

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #568 of 3,711
Wooo never knew anyone around here who knows this amp.

Simply put, the amp has a lot of power (perhaps being a TPA6120 based amp?) able to driver my high impedance bud with no problems and even the beyer dyanamic 250ohms (forgotten the model which I demoed)

In a sense, the amp is extremely clean sounding and adds little to no coloration. I have not spend much time with the stock opamp, forgotten the model, but I am runnning the OPA627AU in it and it provides a very detail sound. To me at least.

this amp.
I have bought an upgraded Zishan from another headfier a while ago... Upgrade number 5. Luckily I was able to determine and solve one of the hardware problems. The sound from LO is realky brilliant. For such a smal box its awersome. But heating and distorsion on a high volumes from the power stage were terrible. Due to the bad solderring, one of the buff634 was dead. The second one in this "sandwich" was hot like pot. With my AKG k240 Sextet, after 2 hours it WAS NOT POSSIBLE to handle it without a gloves. I have replaced one buffer. That helped. Normal heating, better sound. But... I dont like the sound of the 627 opamps here. Too hursh, not nuetral and the mids are do much forward... Must note, that the power opamps in this upgrade are NOT ROLLABLE. The sandwich of two 627's are soldered on the small board ( one on, one under). And then soldered to the maim board. So, according to my Zishan, I would not recomend a 627s ti the power stage. Looking forward to order two single discrete opapms boards on Aliexpress to try to change the power stage...

Feb 28, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #569 of 3,711
Hi where can I get this dsd player in th US? Is it the cheapest out there? Thanks.

Feb 28, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #570 of 3,711
Hi where can I get this dsd player in th US? Is it the cheapest out there? Thanks.

eBay or aliexpress. You probably won't find it as "zishan dsd" but as "HIFI fever lossless portable music player AK4495SEQ" or something like that. Try searches like " portable player AK4495SEQ" etc as well, and check that the pics and specs match the zishan's ones. Doing this you can compare prices

Users who are viewing this thread

Back