The Zishan dsd's corner
Mar 2, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #586 of 3,711
we´re talking about the waiting time when skipping songs...

The major bug is that about 1-2 seconds of the song is skipped. Another issue is that the player may sometimes hang when playing a song if it can't get the album art, this can be fixed by removing the art though.

I am confused... are we talking about a "lag" when skipping tracks or the first few second of songs actually get cutoff/missing?

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #589 of 3,711
Thankks. Can't understand why so many players incl. A&K doesn't have this function. Turn it on and scroll till your last position is not very comfortable. Every third party app like Kaisertone or poweramp can do this.

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #590 of 3,711
Hy

Does the zishan remember the track position,after Off and On. ?
important for long dj sets.

just the track.  but the walnut does

I am confused... are we talking about a "lag" when skipping tracks or the first few second of songs actually get cutoff/missing?

in that case, most of the times i usually don´t experience any lag 

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #591 of 3,711
Thanks for all the responses guys. Maybe Ill wait for the 2nd gen. The only thing i dont like is the vol knob. Do you guys use it as a portable?

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #593 of 3,711
The main reason i want it for is dsd. I have no problems with what i own now just want something to give me an excuse to get something at a bargain price and try a newer format. What do you think of the dsd player i linked a couple of days ago?

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #594 of 3,711

Mine doesn't

It isn't missing, what's most likely happening is a bug causes it to skip the first seconds of the song. Personally, it isn't a huge deal to me.

I think what's actually happening is that player starts playing the file too fast, before the rest of the hardware can actually begin producing any sound, because if you pause and unpause it does the same thing. If you do this fast enough you won't hear anything. If they added a small delay when starting a song it would actually allow us to hear from the very start.

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #595 of 3,711
It doesn't. It remembers what track you left on not the track position.

If you're halfway through a song and turn it off, it'll start from the beginning when you turn it back on.

Yup, that's painful for a guy like me that oftem listens to 1 or 2 hour long trance tracks.

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #598 of 3,711
Just received today the Koss KSC75. What a lovely low-budget combo with the Zishan 

I don't like too much the ear plates so I'll figure out how to make them more suitable as full headphones.
The specs are Freq resp: 15 Hz-25 kHz;  Imp: 60 Ohm;  Sensitivity: 101 dB/mW.  All of this for just 15 bucks...

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #599 of 3,711
  Just received today the Koss KSC75. What a lovely low-budget combo with the Zishan 

Cool! Btw, you can get the parts express headband for the ksc75 (or portapro, or sportapro, or ksc35) drivers here:

http://giantpygmy.net/shop/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #600 of 3,711

Cool! Btw, you can get the parts express headband for the ksc75 (or portapro, or sportapro, or ksc35) drivers here:

http://giantpygmy.net/shop/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product

wow thank you! I was thinking in that right now. The Compatible Headband is a must for these I think, and £ 3.45 is a pretty good price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back