The Zishan dsd's corner
Feb 3, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #526 of 3,711

don't use line out for connecting headphones. line out has an output impedance of 450 ohms in zishan, not suitable for phones; it's intended for connecting other devices, like amplifiers, which have way higher input impedance than phones.
line out power is about 0.14 Vrms when zishan is set to normal mode; if you set "turbo" (high gain) mode, line out gives you 1.8 Vrms, which is normal.

Thanks, but i already knew the line out function: i just tried to connect my 600 ohm DT880 to line out to establsh if the "missing left channel problem" was still there also with line out...

Feb 3, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #527 of 3,711

I tried the line out and, with headphones directly connected, no problems at all: i just noticed that the output volume of line out is very low, but this can be normal, perhaps...

Thanks, but i already knew the line out function: i just tried to connect my 600 ohm DT880 to line out to establsh if the "missing left channel problem" was still there also with line out...

The LO will be less powered than the PO and even more if you tested it with 600 ohm phones. That´s normally expected, nothing wrong as hakuzen said.

I think in the bzfrank approach, take a look at his posts. inspecting the board searching for possible bad-cold soldering could be the solution.

Feb 3, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #528 of 3,711
my upgraded zishan (upgrade #5 + 15Vpower supply upgrade) has very nice advantages from stock zishan:
- no output coupling caps: no sub-bass roll-off when using low impedance (<=16ohms).
- gain opamp rollable. better opamps.
- lot of power (6.11 Vrms @ 64ohms, distorsion <1%, remarkable for a battery powered dap/dac/amp)
the sound is identical (when using same opamps), except there is some more noise and distortion when delivering high power (this is normal).

i'll keep the stock zishan, where will probably upgrade the coupling caps to minimize the bass roll-off, but i'm selling the upgraded one, because i don't need such power (i don't own so demanding phones, nor plan to get ones). it's working flawlessly, no qc issues at all. PM me if interested.

Feb 3, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #529 of 3,711
OK , there´s an upgraded Zishan for sale!    I´d buy your upgraded zishan if I haven´t mine yet, what an exceptional piece of hardware at such a price it´s quite unbelievable.
Of course there´re differences in sound compared with the stock zishan, even with non-high-demanding cans, but they´re slight, as it´d be -because the stock zishan is already a great player-, and now I have the opportunity to change the gain oamp too to make it even better. This is gonna take me a while..
Another thing I noticed is a shorter battery life -as expected-, but just a little bit.
The upgrade work it´s also quite good for the price. Let´s see some pics:

Feb 3, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #530 of 3,711
  Of course there´re differences in sound compared with the stock zishan, even with non-high-demanding cans, but they´re slight, as it´d be -because the stock zishan is already a great player-, and now I have the opportunity to change the gain oamp too to make it even better. This is gonna take me a while..
Another thing I noticed is a shorter battery life -as expected-, but just a little bit.

thank you for the pics and opinion! yes, battery lasts shorter than stock zishan, and also gets hotter, due to higher power

Feb 3, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #531 of 3,711
yeap that´s truth, it appears to have a class a inside like the d200, it gets almost as warm as the a1 mini if you keep it in your pocket! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #532 of 3,711
  yeap that´s truth, it appears to have a class a inside like the d200, it gets almost as warm as the a1 mini if you keep it in your pocket! 
biggrin.gif

Zishan is not Class A like the D200 and A1, with the Zishan you also actually have the choice of upgrading to 12v instead of 15v (from stock 9v), if you wan't less side effects. D200+ comes stock at 12.5v, the designer said it is easy to change it to 15v yourself (unlike zishan all is that is needed is just adjustment of one resistor to set the power chip), but he says he chose 12.5v for a more well rounded package (not too much heat etc).

Feb 4, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #533 of 3,711

Zishan is not Class A like the D200 and A1, also with the Zishan you also actually have the choice of upgrading to 12v instead of 15v (from stock 9v), if you wan't less side effects. D200+ comes stock at 12.5v, the designer said it is easy to change it to 15v yourself (unlike zishan all is that is needed is just adjustment of one resistor to set the power chip), but he says he chose 12.5v for a more well rounded package (not too much heat etc).

Of course it's not I've been sarcastic I like 15v it's really energetic and it really doesn't have too much "side" effects it's very ok but it's good to have various upgrade choices no doubt 

Feb 4, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #534 of 3,711
Is there a definite SQ upgrade from stock Zishan to the gold d200?

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #535 of 3,711
Is there a definite SQ upgrade from stock Zishan to the gold d200?

That´s a better question for T.R.A.N.C.E. the only one -I think- who has the d200 here. Anyway, you have some information about that in earlier posts.

btw I covered the player with some vinyl. It also adds some kind of protection but not against big scratches and scuffs as the "official" PU leather cover of course.
here is the result, not too bad I think... 

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #536 of 3,711
Hey guys,

Just ordered one of these from the taobao store. I hope I did everything correctly at least. Pretty glad I found out about this thing, I kind of wanted a Fiio x3-ii for a while but I found it hard to get excited about it. This thing does all the stuff I wanted like a line out and DAC capability and seems way cooler. I've been using a super cheap ruizu player for a bit over a year.

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #537 of 3,711
Hey welcome to this corner!
Being from a ruizu you will be amazed with this little device and even compared with the fiio probably -anf Ive a lot of respect for fiio I must say-
Don't forget to post when it arrives !

Feb 8, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #540 of 3,711
My chi chong is not the best, but here:

0.4F更新日志:
Changelog 0.4F

1.修正部分DTS失真问题
Fixed partial DTS distortions

2.修正随机算法
Changed logic for shuffle mode

3.增加选项延时开机
Added extended hold option when switching on player (pretty good imo)

4.封面显示增加解析cover.jpg文件
Added support for .jpg format for album display (not entirely sure)

等等
And more.....

还需要做的:
What need to be done

1.播放界面长文字滚动
Now playing display (to allow text scrolling)

2.增加AAC格式支持
To add AAC format support

等等
And more.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back