The Zishan dsd's corner
Jan 22, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #496 of 3,711
Hmm, guess there is some difference in the firmware or build of the 560 vs 690 Zhisan. Thanks for the pics mate!

I'll try to find something similar at my local electronics part store. Basically, it is a form of contact cleaner correct?

I have soldering knowledge and experience, but when I busted open the PCB of the Zhisan and tried to move the LO port with my hand, it seems bloody solid, leaving me with the conclusion of a bad female jack rather than weak soldering.

How should the issue be rectified?

So I just dab on more solder?
Hmm... does that mean the 560 Zishan does not have turbo/high gain mode?

Jan 24, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #498 of 3,711
Guys, how is the quality control of the zishan? I don't have the tools nor the skills to do diy repair... Is it significant upgrade over walnut in terms of sq? I'm only using high impedance earbuds. Nothing more at the moment.thank you very much for your help.

Jan 24, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #500 of 3,711
I'm interested to know the same thing.

Iirc out of all the people that got a zishan here 2 had problems with it. So given that, their QC isn't perfect but, they did get their money back. If you are unsure about AlieExpress I'd suggest eBay, you're protected by both PayPal and eBay and customer support is fluent in English as opposed to AliExpress.

Jan 24, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #501 of 3,711
Iirc out of all the people that got a zishan here 2 had problems with it. So given that, their QC isn't perfect but, they did get their money back. If you are unsure about AlieExpress I'd suggest eBay, you're protected by both PayPal and eBay and customer support is fluent in English as opposed to AliExpress.

Thank you, that makes sense.
And is it a significant upgrade soundwise over the Walnut V2 do you know?

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #502 of 3,711
Guys, how is the quality control of the zishan? I don't have the tools nor the skills to do diy repair... Is it significant upgrade over walnut in terms of sq? I'm only using high impedance earbuds. Nothing more at the moment.thank you very much for your help.

The most reliable is the walnut because the hardware, compared with the zishan -and with almost any other player really-, is so simple that the chances to have a failure decrease.
Both have a similar sound signature but the zishan is a bit more refined/detailed, no noise floor, no roll-off, and you can eq the sound. Said that I think most of the walnut owners have, at least, another player besides it, so as you can imagine a screenless player is not meant to be your main/only one -despite that, at the end, you will probably use it way more than others don´t have any doubt- . But what you get for the price of the walnut is the closest sound to the 5x expensive zishan.

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #503 of 3,711
The most reliable is the walnut because the hardware, compared with the zishan -and with almost any other player really-, is so simple that the chances to have a failure decrease.
Both have a similar sound signature but the zishan is a bit more refined/detailed, no noise floor, no roll-off, and you can eq the sound. Said that I think most of the walnut owners have, at least, another player besides it, so as you can imagine a screenless player is not meant to be your main/only one -despite that, at the end, you will probably use it way more than others don´t have any doubt- . But what you get for the price of the walnut is the closest sound to the 5x expensive zishan.

No noise floor, no roll off, EQ, a useable UI and a similar sound signature to the Walnut you say? Sounds very close to what I'm ideally looking for........ Thank you neog007!!!

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #506 of 3,711
Just waned to give a quick update on my Zhisan 560 LO problem.

Turns out, it was my Fiio interconnect being too stiff and hence, when I plug the Fiio IC into the Zhisan then into my Amp, the stiffness of the cable caused the 90 degree audio jack to sway to a particular side, thereby looseing the contact of the jack on the Zhisan.

After completing my DIY ultrashort and soft IC, the problem went away, and just to make sure, Zhisan also told me to plug an earphone into the LO jack and test for connectivity issue (which I found none, using a straight plug).

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #507 of 3,711
  Just waned to give a quick update on my Zhisan 560 LO problem.

Turns out, it was my Fiio interconnect being too stiff and hence, when I plug the Fiio IC into the Zhisan then into my Amp, the stiffness of the cable caused the 90 degree audio jack to sway to a particular side, thereby looseing the contact of the jack on the Zhisan.

After completing my DIY ultrashort and soft IC, the problem went away, and just to make sure, Zhisan also told me to plug an earphone into the LO jack and test for connectivity issue (which I found none, using a straight plug).

good to know!
I notice you are using a cheap portable amp BPH-U1 TPA6120, how does it perform?

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #508 of 3,711
  good to know!
I notice you are using a cheap portable amp BPH-U1 TPA6120, how does it perform?

Wooo never knew anyone around here who knows this amp.

Simply put, the amp has a lot of power (perhaps being a TPA6120 based amp?) able to driver my high impedance bud with no problems and even the beyer dyanamic 250ohms (forgotten the model which I demoed)

In a sense, the amp is extremely clean sounding and adds little to no coloration. I have not spend much time with the stock opamp, forgotten the model, but I am runnning the OPA627AU in it and it provides a very detail sound. To me at least.

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #509 of 3,711
  Wooo never knew anyone around here who knows this amp.

Simply put, the amp has a lot of power (perhaps being a TPA6120 based amp?) able to driver my high impedance bud with no problems and even the beyer dyanamic 250ohms (forgotten the model which I demoed)

In a sense, the amp is extremely clean sounding and adds little to no coloration. I have not spend much time with the stock opamp, forgotten the model, but I am runnning the OPA627AU in it and it provides a very detail sound. To me at least.

well i don´t know it either but is a classic it always appears in my aliexpress searches 
so you prefer the sound of that amp better than your zishan -phone output-

Jan 27, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #510 of 3,711
  well i don´t know it either but is a classic it always appears in my aliexpress searches 
so you prefer the sound of that amp better than your zishan -phone output-

As I have mentioned before in this thread, I mainly use my DAPs with external amp because I just like the feel of having a physical (quality) volume knob to use.
And the fact that I also use high impedance earnud. I have yetto extensively use the Zhisan's PO so I cannot answer your question I am afraid. Sorry 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back