The Zishan dsd's corner
Dec 7, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #169 of 3,711
Good Luck, but, how 15v?

at the last link above,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/272321221921?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649&rmvSB=true )near the bottom  of all the pictures they say there are 2 options for upgrades.
 1 is a list of the various "chip" combinations they can make, each has a different cost.
 Below that is upgrade option 2.
 This is listed as
"2   Change power supply +/- 12V----+/- 15V   Upgrade friction reform"

**** didn't see the last posts they snuck in.

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #170 of 3,711
  Has anyone a trust-able source for a muses02 op amp?

I don't want to get another cheap fake again... looks like a lot ebay stock is not legit.

Janeh2100 on ebay sells authentic ones, I got mine from him, he sells 01 +02 for $60 or $38 for 02 by itself, which is same price as Digikey or Mouser if you want to get your items faster.

http://stores.ebay.com/Janeh2100/_i.html?_nkw=muses01&submit=Search&_sid=228094496

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #173 of 3,711
Alright, after reading through all 12 pages of this thread, I have a somewhat general understanding of the Zhisan Player.

Although I posted this on the obscure chinese dap thread, I am going to repost my question here:
Planning to buy this Zhisan in the future:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0k.6846577.0.0.j7sTDz&id=541533772614&_u=t2dmg8j26111

Anyone used it before? The reason I am skipping to buy the Zhisan with volume pot is two fold:

First it seems like from review on Taobao, the pot has little to no resistace, thereby you can accidentally change volume.

Second, it seems there is channel imbalance also, and from close up pictures of the pot, it seems to be a "B" grade pot as opposed to Panasonic or Alps

A question for guru @T.R.A.N.C.E. or any other individuals who is more knowledgeable than me, as I will be using the Zhisan 98% of the time with this amp:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0k.6846577.0.0.I1t6Jv&id=3680708664&_u=

Should I proceed to get one of the 11 upgrade options and/or the PSU upgrade?
My main gears are just earbuds and IEM, though some earbuds are above 320Ohm.

Thank-you

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #174 of 3,711
  Alright, after reading through all 12 pages of this thread, I have a somewhat general understanding of the Zhisan Player.

Although I posted this on the obscure chinese dap thread, I am going to repost my question here:

A question for guru @T.R.A.N.C.E. or any other individuals who is more knowledgeable than me, as I will be using the Zhisan 98% of the time with this amp:

Thank-you

I think the link you posted has the ak4490 without volume knob. i think you meant this https://world.taobao.com/item/528200190230.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.qGNGKS#detail

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #175 of 3,711

The volume pots actually vary, my zishan has quite a stiff volume pot with no channel imbalance, but my mini A1 amp which uses the exact same volume pot has a looser volume pot with some slight imbalance at low volume, but nothing I would call a deal breaker, and anyway you can always lower the gain of zishan, then even if you get a pot with imbalance it will not affect anything as you will be using the middle range of the volume pot. But if you will be using an external amp most of the time then it makes sense to get the zishan version without volume pot just to be more compact. Also fyi, many Alps pot's I've used have also had imbalance at low volume.

Btw that amp your getting looks pretty nice, I want one :)

Also like I've said before, if your using an external amp the upgrades don't really matter much anymore. But even without an amp the zishan will power 300 ohm earbuds easily, if you want to ditch the external amp for a portable setup then the upgrades are worth getting, but for solo zishan I would get one with analog vol pot.

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #176 of 3,711
  I think the link you posted has the ak4490 without volume knob. i think you meant this https://world.taobao.com/item/528200190230.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.qGNGKS#detail

Yes I know, I was planning to buy the AK4490 model without the pot due to the two reasons I've mentioned above. But thanks for the info anyways mate!

The volume pots actually vary, my zishan has quite a stiff volume pot with no channel imbalance, but my mini A1 amp which uses the exact same volume pot has a looser volume pot with some slight imbalance at low volume, but nothing I would call a deal breaker, and anyway you can always lower the gain of zishan, then even if you get a pot with imbalance it will not affect anything as you will be using the middle range of the volume pot. But if you will be using an external amp most of the time then it makes sense to get the zishan version without volume pot just to be more compact. Also fyi, many Alps pot's I've used have also had imbalance at low volume.

Btw that amp your getting looks pretty nice, I want one :)

Also like I've said before, if your using an external amp the upgrades don't really matter much anymore. But even without an amp the zishan will power 300 ohm earbuds easily, if you want to ditch the external amp for a portable setup then the upgrades are worth getting, but for solo zishan I would get one with analog vol pot.

The amp is very good indeed. Been using it for months now and the sound is very clean and it has virtually no audible background noise.

So if I understand  correctly, since I am going to be using the Zhisan with an amp anyways, I should skip all the upgrades, even the PSU upgrade, is that correct?

Thank-you

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #177 of 3,711
  So if I understand  correctly, since I am going to be using the Zhisan with an amp anyways, I should skip all the upgrades, even the PSU upgrade, is that correct?

The PSU upgrade is for the opamp power supply for the LPF, Voltage Gain, and Buffers, if you are using the external amp then only the LPF will be affected by the PSU upgrade. Up to you if you want to get the upgrade if your only using ~1/3 of the benefit, but I guess get the upgrade if you want max performance.

As for the other package upgrades, they are definitely a total waste if your using an external amp, as the LPF opamp is changeable by oneself, if you wish to change it.

Dec 8, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #178 of 3,711

The PSU upgrade is for the opamp power supply for the LPF, Voltage Gain, and Buffers, if you are using the external amp then only the LPF will be affected by the PSU upgrade. Up to you if you want to get the upgrade if your only using ~1/3 of the benefit, but I guess get the upgrade if you want max performance.

As for the other package upgrades, they are definitely a total waste if your using an external amp, as the LPF opamp is changeable by oneself, if you wish to change it.

Alright mate! Thank-you for the informative replies. Guess I will just get the AK4990 version without upgrades.

Thank-you

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #179 of 3,711
I got my Zishan DSD player today with the copper buttons. The buttons rattle when you shake the player but I guess hey were meant to be like that. It came with high quality music. What a fantastic music player. I am yet to use the DAC function but the sound out of the box paired with my Koss Porta Pro modified is crisp, with punchy bass , clear mids with a a bit warm sound, but quite neutral. The player is very powerful compared with the Lotoo Paw Gold so be careful when adjusting  the volume . Very happy so far, I will focus on music now but I will let the player burn in for 400 hours ,but it will sound better no doubt about it. So I will not change anything as now, later on I may order another one with upgraded parts. Also the build quality is good, well built. At the price I paid I cannot ask for more :_)
Amazing value for money, what else can I say. Much better then Gold Alien, Clip+. Fully recommend this player to anyone.

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #180 of 3,711
After thinking for awhile i decided to order the stock version, i ordered another which is Benjie S5 for portable reasons, and the DSD probably will be using it at home (unless the SQ is something i cannot go out without LOL)

Was also thinking of getting the Walnut V2, but in the end i pulled the trigger on this as the reviews were too good in general xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back