1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Zishan dsd's corner

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by neog007, Nov 17, 2016.
Tags:
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next

Last
  1. musicday
    Let us know the difference between the two once you receive them.
    Looking forward to receive mine soon.
    Fantastic price,quality especially if it sounds better than Clip+, that is more expensive now.

2. neog007

I'm sorry that's sad to receive a brand new player that fails it that way and so soon. I hope that he seller responds as he must and so you can send it back if no other solution is possible as it seems.

3. hqssui

Sorry to hear this. Is there an option to factory restore the player.

4. bzfrank
    A master degree in electrical engineering helps... Thank goodness the Zishan is not glued shut like most other players! I did put on my 'I void warranties!' t-shirt ( http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/8f52/ ) and went to work.

Turned out a hardware glitch caused by sloppy soldering on the CPU pcb. [​IMG] A thermal-triggered short at the micro SD slot and I also found two additonal, potential faulty joints. I fixed & resoldered everything and rechecked in the microscope. No issues on the the audio pcb btw.

So its working again! [​IMG] My advise to the Zishan guys is to step up their QA, a short burn-in would have revealed the issue in the factory.

Here are some images of the Zishan guts, just for completeness... [​IMG]

ZishanDSD_5.jpg

ZishanDSD_4.jpg

ZishanDSD_3.jpg

ZishanDSD_2.jpg

ZishanDSD_1.jpg

5. vapman
    It's unfortunate it needed a little resoldering at all but it seems like that should have been caught in QC, I agree!

6. T.R.A.N.C.E.
    I managed to break of one of the resistors when trying to get the pcb back in the body, I had to solder it back on lol.

7. musicday
    What were you trying to do? Do you think replacing the capacitors can improve the sound?

8. neog007
    zishan sent back to china for some upgrades. Fingers closed, my soldering skills are a bit far from excellence .. [​IMG]

9. musicday
    What were the final upgrades you went for?
    I might get another Zishan with top best components if i am impressed with sound quality and build.Easier and quicker than sending it back.

10. neog007
    Upg 10 + 15v. I was OK w the stock zishan but count resist the upg temptation

11. cokrewel
    Zishan can play aac?

12. bzfrank
    No, not with FW 0.4d

My advise is to use

https://www.freac.org/index.php/en

to convert the AAC to FLAC. Size will increase but the process is lossless and the Zishan plays FLAC nicely.

13. cokrewel
    suport 128gb sd card?

14. bzfrank

Have not tried (only a 32 GB here) but the description for the eBay offer talks about up to 256GB, however only as FAT32.

So any larger microSD card (which comes formated as exFAT) will not work out-of-box but needs to be formated with a tool alike

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.htm

15. weedophile
    Sry noob question here. The taobao link provided if i purchase the package does it comes with the metal outer casing? Cant comprehend chinese

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next

Last