1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Zishan dsd's corner

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by neog007, Nov 17, 2016.
Tags:
First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last
  1. AudioNewbi3
    @T.R.A.N.C.E. sorry to keep bothering you, but I have another question to ask:
    If I bought the ZHISAN DSD (AK4490) and use it with an external amp, is there any meaning in changing the stock opamp in the ZHISAN with something better? (Say Muses02)
    Or would I just be better off by swaping the Opamp in my Amp?
    Thank-you

2. teston
    If you plan to use the DAP standalone then changing opamp affect the sound. But if you use it with an external amp (through line out) then it has nearly no effect (in this case changing the opamp of the paired amp will change the sound).

3. AudioNewbi3
    Alright Thanks mate!

The reason I inquired was because there seems to be multiple uses for an opamp in the circuit like acting as a buffer, gain stages.....words to complicated for a business student like me hahahaha 

4. T.R.A.N.C.E.

Yes changing the zishan stock opamp will affect the external amp the same way it affects the dap internal amp. The opamp that is swappable in the zishan is for the dac LPF. Just bear in mind that changing it really won't result in better or worse performance, just different sound presentations, expensive opamp doesn't mean better.

5. AudioNewbi3
    Thanks for the informative reply mate!

So after some Goolging, I read that DAC LPF filters are mainly for noise reduction resulting from oversampling is that correct?
    Hence if I change the opamp in the DSD, I am basically changing the SNR to alter sound signature is that correct?

Thank-you 

6. T.R.A.N.C.E.

It's no where near as simple as changing the SNR to alter sound sig, each opamp has many different electrical characteristics like slew rate and gain bandwidth which have an effect on the way the signal is produced. Changing the LPF opamp isn't as fun as changing the voltage gain opamp like in the Walnut, because in the latter you get a better idea of what that opamp actually sounds like and the audible effect is greater.

7. musicday
    Guys i have some problems with my Zishan.Out of nowhere is started to hiss.The battery icon was nearly full,so it didn't need a charge.I charged anyway and still hissing badly and the sound is affected.Not clear at all.
    Yesterday the player worked fine no problems at all.
    I am on the last firmware 0.4d.
    How long does it take to charge,untill blue light goes off? I am sad now if this is a major problem as i really like this player.
    Also i have tried different card and the have issue,lots of hissing,and wind like noise.

8. bzfrank
    Maybe a similar issue as mine had - sloppy build? When opening I noticed a number of very small tin drops and metal pieces (looked like cut-off from wires under the miscrocope) inside, only loosely holding to the surfaces of the PCBs. If one of these create an unwanted contact due to shake or movement the frog hits the fan...

I removed those with a brush during my fix, problem solved.

9. musicday
    I will try that later.Thank you for your suggestion.:thumbsup:

10. neog007
    Did u solve the problem ?

11. musicday
    Nope unfortunately,took the player apart,looked for any residual soldering on the boards,clean them both, double checked again and still didn't find the problem.Tried everything to fix it but still has that harsh wind like noise.
    Very disappointed.I will require a full refund immediately.

12. neog007
    Sorry to hear that so disappoint

13. musicday
    I hope seller will refund.
    This player didn't last more then 24 hours.I think the volume pot may be faulty.

14. Frederick Wang
    psu + #5 upgrade back
    a kind warning: noise, noise coming from nowhere in the middle of a song.
    reconsider before ordering upgrade

golov17 likes this.
  15. Frederick Wang
    same here, didn't have the problem with the stock version. but upgrade proved an unwise choice for me

First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last