The Zishan dsd's corner
Dec 8, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #181 of 3,711
  I got my Zishan DSD player today with the copper buttons. The buttons rattle when you shake the player but I guess hey were meant to be like that. It came with high quality music. What a fantastic music player. I am yet to use the DAC function but the sound out of the box paired with my Koss Porta Pro modified is crisp, with punchy bass , clear mids with a a bit warm sound, but quite neutral. The player is very powerful compared with the Lotoo Paw Gold so be careful when adjusting  the volume . Very happy so far, I will focus on music now but I will let the player burn in for 400 hours ,but it will sound better no doubt about it. So I will not change anything as now, later on I may order another one with upgraded parts. Also the build quality is good, well built. At the price I paid I cannot ask for more :_)
Amazing value for money, what else can I say. Much better then Gold Alien, Clip+. Fully recommend this player to anyone.

How's the volume pot on yours?
Thank-you

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #185 of 3,711
@vapman

Damn man, it hurts the wallet! Please dont tempt me any further.....

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #186 of 3,711
  wonder what else of this nature will show up  in the next little while, some impressive stuff has started from DIY efforts.
I don't really care what stuff looks like  so long as sound is good enough
Too bad C&C folded their amps were great stuff. Too little too late I guess

PS:  will have some concrete impressions soon as it shows up ( finally bit the bullet ).
Stock with PSU upgrade.
I can smell the solder fumes from them making it up now all the way across the world here

A little bit late to ask anyone with battery life comparisons between the regular and the upgrade please post up whenever. It'd obviously be a rough guess and simply a point of interest

You crazy person! Congrats!

Now I brace myself for the hype! 
ph34r.gif

thanks tons my man, messaged for quotes on the 15v board and will probably get one instead of a Xduoo X10. was waiting to find out if X10 had EQ but it does not :frowning2:

I'm very interested in the X10 (since EQ is not an issue). I can't wait to read comparisons between the Zishan and the X10, especially pertaining to sound quality (without an external amp). Nick, you should get an X10 as well lol!

Question: does the Zishan have a sleep timer and an auto-resume function?

Dec 8, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #187 of 3,711
AudioNewbi3- the volume knob seem like is good quality and it is a bit stiff,so it won't turn accidentally.I like it.I have to find a way to mark it as 0 volume and 10 volume,as the player can go really loud this is needed.

WaynesWorld- the Zishan does have a sleep timer from 10 minutes to 180 minutes and no auto resume function,but the player can remember last folder you played.I need to play more with it and find out.

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #188 of 3,711
walnut is 15v, dual mono DACs at $30, whats to lose? :)

Walnut is +/-7.5v, not to be confused with +/-15v like the zishan upgrade.

Btw there is no way the walnut is dual mono, it runs on a single integrated codec like chip/cpu. Sounds good though.

Everyone should own a walnut, you will stop spending big money on daps once you hear what can be done with $25 when put to good use.

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #189 of 3,711
Btw there is no way the walnut is dual mono, it runs on a single integrated codec like chip/cpu. Sounds good though. Everyone should own a walnut, you will stop spending big money on daps once you hear what can be done with $25 when put to good use.

I replied to you in the walnut thread, but is the 15v zishan comparable to the sound of the walnut?

Dec 9, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #190 of 3,711
T.R.A.N.C.E.
vapman
U guys are giving me 2nd thoughts on my Zishan purchase... But anyhow, i made an order for the Walnut last night too lmao

Dec 9, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #191 of 3,711
Why Lord, why can't the Walnut do FLAC? Why??? So sad.

Dec 9, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #192 of 3,711
Why Lord, why can't the Walnut do FLAC? Why??? So sad.

not enough processing power! :wink: but converting FLAC to WAV really isn't that bad either =) anyway, this really should be in Walnut thread instead of taking over Zishan's thread 
redface.gif

BTW, still interested to know if Zishan 15v sounds similar to Walnut in terms of dynamics?

Dec 9, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #193 of 3,711
When I get back from China my 15v upgrade zishan -soon I hope.... ????- I can compare it w my walnut. With the stock zishan I remember it to be a little bit more detailed than the walnut.

Dec 9, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #195 of 3,711
  not enough processing power! :wink: but converting FLAC to WAV really isn't that bad either =) anyway, this really should be in Walnut thread instead of taking over Zishan's thread 
redface.gif

BTW, still interested to know if Zishan 15v sounds similar to Walnut in terms of dynamics?

Sorry about that! (I thought I was in the walnut thread when I posted!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back