The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 1, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #196 of 1,243

Sir I don't wanna really say this but..... Believe it or not the ones from flipkart are the so called Indian edition which is different from the original Chinese version and there is a sound difference. I have a video link in my post on page ten or eleven maybe in but check it out. That is the reason for low bass at least its what the people say. Watch the Chinese vs Indian version comparison at the last part of the video . Oh and as TBG said please provide some pictures of the right earphone and the box if you still have it.

The so called Indian version is the fake one, i got those fakes selling in Indonesia too lol. You can clearly see from the nozzles guard that the "Indian ver" is the fake Piston. There is also this non-chocolate smelling case, no bar code on the cable, and i believe if we look close enough we can find some differences usually associated with the fake Piston like the lower quality remote parts. though 999 rupee is very expensive for a fake, unfortunately 'the video guy' doesn't show us the complete packaging of both versions.

http://1drv.ms/ZqKO3t

here is some pics!!  Right Earbud has a circular bump and R sign  is not printed rather it is bumped up.

See the description of the importer in on of the pics .. Barcode and 1moredesign logo.

Y2k, if i may know, how much did you buy it for?

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #197 of 1,243

The so called Indian version is the fake one, i got those fakes selling in Indonesia too lol. You can clearly see from the nozzles guard that the "Indian ver" is the fake Piston. There is also this non-chocolate smelling case, no bar code on the cable, and i believe if we look close enough we can find some differences usually associated with the fake Piston like the lower quality remote parts. though 999 rupee is very expensive for a fake, unfortunately 'the video guy' doesn't show us the complete packaging of both versions.

+1.

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #198 of 1,243

Rs 999 
but I don't  they are fake because flipkart is the only seller for xiaomi products and Xiaomi has been selling its product in India for Lower prices (Than other asian markts eg: redmi1s ,mi3) to gain market traction . Can you read the sticker and compare the 'imported from' part of fake and real .

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #199 of 1,243

Rs 999 
but I don't think they are fake because flipkart is the only seller for xiaomi products and Xiaomi has been selling its product in India for Lower prices (Than other asian markts eg: redmi1s ,mi3) to gain market traction . Can you read the sticker and compare the 'imported from' part of fake and real .

What weirds me out about the pictures is how the box is written in English instead of Chinese. As for Xiaomi selling their products cheaper in India, I find that highly unusual.

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #200 of 1,243

Rs 999 
but I don't  they are fake because flipkart is the only seller for xiaomi products and Xiaomi has been selling its product in India for Lower prices (Than other asian markts eg: redmi1s ,mi3) to gain market traction . Can you read the sticker and compare the 'imported from' part of fake and real .

Hmm, you know what, maybe you're right. Xiaomi also done the same thing in Indonesia by selling their products through Lazada. I checked the mi India and they do refer us to flipkart to buy their products and as an official product the pricing is pretty much spot on.

If it turns out to be original Piston I'd be pretty surprised that they sound different based on the video posted by Hawkeye.
Someone from India can confirm? After confirmed this can be post on the first page to avoid confusion.

What weirds me out about the pictures is how the box is written in English instead of Chinese. As for Xiaomi selling their products cheaper in India, I find that highly unusual.

My box is in English (If Ed), so it's totally legit IMO 
wink_face.gif

Though the box is way different since there is no specs on it, maybe Xiaomi change the packaging again, and this might be the start of 2.2 version lol.

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #201 of 1,243

Yeah! You will find no chinese there but awkward english is evident. Its definitely tailored for indian market and could have been produced for indian market and supplied by FK.  Nothing says fake ATM. The packaging or build. Building a High quality fake would mean no profit. 
T
he sound quality is Good but chinese could be different,I don't know, I have no Chinese. T
he reviews in Flipkart are mostly 5 stars for around 400+ review and ratings.

Oct 1, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #202 of 1,243
  http://1drv.ms/ZqKO3t

here is some pics!!  Right Earbud has a circular bump and R sign  is not printed rather it is bumped up.

See the description of the importer in on of the pics .. Barcode and 1moredesign logo.

Rs 999 

Looking at the pictures, I can tell that these are in fact the fake knock offs that have been around for a while. You can tell by the nozzle grille being rebated and not flush with the nozzle. If Xiaomi is selling these officially, it makes me wonder if Xiaomi actually developed the cheap knock offs to make some extra money from the initial hype of the Pistons. It would actually make sense; watch companies do this all the time.

Oct 1, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #203 of 1,243
Its been a few days since I bought these and I've let them burn in. My opinion hasn't changed, the soundstage is relatively narrow. My old ipod headphones are quite comparable to the pistons, with the exception that the pistons have more boomy bass. My comparison is probably a little unfair because I own several pair of full sized headphones. I really wanted to like the pistons because they feel really premium and the design and comfort is great, as is the convenient android controls. I guess I can summarize by saying that the pistons have the build quality of $60 IEMs, but sound like what I paid for them.

Oct 1, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #204 of 1,243

Looking at the pictures, I can tell that these are in fact the fake knock offs that have been around for a while. You can tell by the nozzle grille being rebated and not flush with the nozzle. If Xiaomi is selling these officially, it makes me wonder if Xiaomi actually developed the cheap knock offs to make some extra money from the initial hype of the Pistons. It would actually make sense; watch companies do this all the time.

+ 1

Oct 1, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #205 of 1,243
This is getting confusing if nothing else. FYI guys FK is a very legit seller and Y2K can you tell me if the seller you bough from was WS Retail ( Original FK seller meaning it's FK themselves) or some random buyer people are not much aware of. Y2K that might help us solve this thingy. Also guys if you know how the fake pistons sound( if you have one) please describe so that Y2K can verify. ( I know sound is SUBJECTIVE but it might just help). Wait a second I just noticed something... If you look closely at this picture it shows a number under "Customer Care No." Try contacting them and asking them if the Indian Version of pistons is what is made for FK. Then if you read the second from the left it states "part no. instead of Prod. no/Model No." this shows poor english, exactly what we may find in stuff made in china with english written on it. Hmm...I would still conclude that there is a lower quality piston being manufactured.

Oct 1, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #206 of 1,243
This is getting confusing if nothing else. FYI guys FK is a very legit seller and Y2K can you tell me if the seller you bough from was WS Retail ( Original FK seller meaning it's FK themselves) or some random buyer people are not much aware of. Y2K that might help us solve this thingy. Also guys if you know how the fake pistons sound( if you have one) please describe so that Y2K can verify. ( I know sound is SUBJECTIVE but it might just help). Wait a second I just noticed something... If you look closely at this picture it shows a number under "Customer Care No." Try contacting them and asking them if the Indian Version of pistons is what is made for FK. Then if you read the second from the left it states "part no. instead of Prod. no/Model No." this shows poor english, exactly what we may find in stuff made in china with english written on it. Hmm...I would still conclude that there is a lower quality piston being manufactured.

Dude...you're in India, why don't you try it? 
So far the Pistons Flipkart is selling hardly looks legit; you may keep going on about the seller being legit, but so far, it seems only the Pistons are the rotten apple in the Flipkart. 

Oct 1, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #207 of 1,243
Well I think I should definitely put it it in my signature that " IN INDIA, SPENDING EVEN 1K RS. FOR AUDIO GEAR IS CONSIDERED TOO MUCH AND I CAN NOT TRY IT OUT. TYVM." Sorry for such a reply but I am quite sure I've mentioned this thing quite often and still I am being asked this thing.If you don't wanna trust Flipkart mark it as Still Unconfirmed, Not recommended or something like that. If I ever get the money to buy the stuff I will try my best to tell you whatever my experience is with the stuff.

Oct 1, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #208 of 1,243

My pistons have some chinesee word with a barcode. I may sound stupid but what is this barcode thing for?

Oct 1, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #210 of 1,243
My pistons have some chinesee word with a barcode. I may sound stupid but what is this barcode thing for?

It's supposed to be a QR code that leads you to Xiaomi's music streaming service. It's supposed to be worth 1 month membership for that service. Though since you're outside of China, it's practically useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back