The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 1, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #211 of 1,243
I haven't heard the pistons in a while (next slot for its rotation is in a week). So I just whacked them in my ear again to see if I hear this narrow soundstage you guys are talking about and although its not huge like a headphone, its definately not narrow. Its probably due to the tips. Try a few and see if that helps

Oct 1, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #212 of 1,243
I haven't heard the pistons in a while (next slot for its rotation is in a week). So I just whacked them in my ear again to see if I hear this narrow soundstage you guys are talking about and although its not huge like a headphone, its definately not narrow. Its probably due to the tips. Try a few and see if that helps

Narrow soundstage? You're right about that! They definitely don't have a narrow soundstage. In contrary, they have a great soundstage!

Oct 1, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #213 of 1,243

Narrow soundstage? You're right about that! They definitely don't have a narrow soundstage. In contrary, they have a great soundstage!

Its quite good for an IEM and damned good for something so cheap

Oct 1, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #214 of 1,243
Can someone better describe the sound of fake ones.  As far as using it goes , I have no complain on sound. Its abit uncomfortable compared to Sennheiser cx475 (Its the most comfy as the said). Maybe we can play same song.

Everything checks out according to this.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2UrPKfKwCmsUnFuRmlHMnFZaWs/preview?pli=1

Only modification is the R is bumped up. But it makes it easy to feel :p
Do fake ones have metal casing that are threaded / or Serrated /  !!  Fake ones must have plane cans as case ,not patterns .  It feels so premium and not too easy to fake

Oct 1, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #215 of 1,243
  Can someone better describe the sound of fake ones.  As far as using it goes , I have no complain on sound. Its abit uncomfortable compared to Sennheiser cx475 (Its the most comfy as the said). Maybe we can play same song.

fake vs. original, fake vs. original, which one is fake, which one is fake, is this fake, is this fake... same thing goes and goes on... what a good strategy for a certain product. make people wondering the item more, sell more, fantastic. do you even aware that you are focusing more on the fakes ?

popcorn.gif

Oct 1, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #217 of 1,243
  fake vs. original, fake vs. original, which one is fake, which one is fake, is this fake, is this fake... same thing goes and goes on... what a good strategy for a certain product. make people wondering the item more, sell more, fantastic. do you even aware that you are focusing more on the fakes ?

popcorn.gif

I don't aware of the focus on the fakes, but I am aware of it. I don't see why you're using it as another way to bash the Pistons when the fakes have already been established as fact. Totally confused right now. 
confused.gif

Oct 1, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #218 of 1,243
So I just want to confirm this, but i think flipkart works somehow like ebay, right?
So the one that has been bought from FK here is the one from WSretail, is that true?

As far as i know buying a xiaomi product in lazada.co.id will need a registration first and i think it works the same in FK
as can be seen here http://www.flipkart.com/mi/redmi?otracker=_tabs_redmi

And one important thing to note is Xiaomi page actually tag the Mi in Ear as 'coming soon' instead of 'book now' like the powerbank
in here http://www.flipkart.com/mi/accessories?otracker=_tabs_accessories 

so now the question come to this WSretail, here http://www.flipkart.com/mi-in-ear-headphone-piston-design/p/itmdyfhfy232wsc6?pid=ACCDYFKYJBFMEAG6&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=mi+in+ear+piston&ref=04891241-9c9a-4fa1-bf91-04063489439c
(anyone can teach me how to shorten url in head-fi?)
This seller is the only listing in FK for Piston, and if it works like ebay, it means this seller is not the official one i believe, thus open up chances for fakes.

Oct 1, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #219 of 1,243

popcorn.gif

The way I/we can tell the fake from the real is that the fake ones are different to the real ones. Even with one change you can speculate that they're fake. Why would a factory that pumps out thousands of units exactly the same to each other suddenly start making a few that are slightly but fundamentally different in design? It just doesn't make sense. Use logic.

Oct 1, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #220 of 1,243

The way I/we can tell the fake from the real is that the fake ones are different to the real ones. Even with one change you can speculate that they're fake. Why would a factory that pumps out thousands of units exactly the same to each other suddenly start making a few that are slightly but fundamentally different in design? It just doesn't make sense. Use logic.

Apparently he can't seem to think about it. I read his review -- I mean, rant -- on the Pistons, and here are some interesting quotes:

1. "i know they're talking about some words like "beryllium" that you don't even know what it's mean."
2. "be careful about the people who claims it has a "airy" or "big" soundstage. actually they don't know anything about earphones."
3. "if you cannot afford above spoken models, my personal advice is koss."

1. A simple Google search wouldn't hurt. 
wink.gif

2. Apparently a lot of other people who said the Pistons have a "big" soundstage actually include the likes of @spurxiii and @Zelda, who are both pretty respected members of Head-Fi. It seems, then, that "they don't know anything about earphones."
3. And a perfect bait-and-switch to his beloved Koss IEMs.

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #221 of 1,243
  Apparently he can't seem to think about it. I read his review -- I mean, rant -- on the Pistons, and here are some interesting quotes:

1. A simple Google search wouldn't hurt. 
wink.gif

2. Apparently a lot of other people who said the Pistons have a "big" soundstage actually include the likes of @spurxiii and @Zelda, who are both pretty respected members of Head-Fi. It seems, then, that "they don't know anything about earphones."
3. And a perfect bait-and-switch to his beloved Koss IEMs.

Beryllium is a pretty rare mineral. A lot of different companies make drivers from different materials to see how that affects the sound. Xiaomi aren't the first to try it.
They do have a big sound stage for an IEM. Waaaaayyy above average, and even better than some on-ear cans.

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #222 of 1,243

Beryllium is a pretty rare mineral. A lot of different companies make drivers from different materials to see how that affects the sound. Xiaomi aren't the first to try it.
They do have a big sound stage for an IEM. Waaaaayyy above average, and even better than some on-ear cans.

Yep -- even a Xiaomi forum article talked about beryllium being used in a flagship floorstanding speaker -- the JBL K2 S9800 speakers, which are very, very expensive (because speakers).

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #224 of 1,243
arcwindz said:
  (anyone can teach me how to shorten url in head-fi?)
Sure all you have to do is just type it in the same :

[ (Remove SPACE) URL= Custom URL/Link (Remove SPACE) ]

This is where you would type "Here" / 'This"

[ (Remove SPACE)/URL(Remove SPACE) ]

Or to easily understand it visit this page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back