The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Sep 30, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #166 of 1,243
thatBeatsguy said:
  And when the reviewer tested them with the PC, he just stuck them directly into the PC's headphone jack, not even thinking about having to use an adapter to keep the mic pole from breaking the signal.

What do you mean by that? I never did anything like that, I just put them into the socket.

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #167 of 1,243
What do you mean by that? I never did anything like that, I just put them into the socket.

The reviewer in that review you talked about (no, I wasn't talking about you) said the Pistons' sound quality worsens when you plug it into the PC. Well, obviously, of course it does since the PC's headphone jack only has 3 poles (Left, Right, Ground), while the CTIA jack of the Pistons have four (Left, Right, Mic, Ground). An absence of a connecting mic pole would result in a loss of signal, and therefore worse sound quality. Plug this into your phone, though, and you will not notice it since most phones employ the CTIA standard jack already. For PCs, you will have to use an extender cable (3.5mm female to 3.5mm male).

Sep 30, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #168 of 1,243
Something like this? - http://www.snapdeal.com/product/audio-extension-cable-35mm-stereo/1973435504

Oh and does it worsen the sound quality? If we choose a lower quality one?

EDIT- I can't seem to find any Female to male ones but I can for sure find some Male to females. O.o

Sep 30, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #172 of 1,243
How are the pistons compare to the 8320 in ur oppinion?

And when you said that if you put the headphones in ur PC and it sounds worse does that apply to the iphone because I mainly listen on my phone

Also somthing random is it ok to buy a lot of headphones because it's a addiction I just wanna hear ever headphones and it's fun and love them <3 :D because my parents always tells me that 1 headphones is enough

Sep 30, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #173 of 1,243
Just received my there pretty awsome

Is it me or there pretty bass heavy?

And what does the fake one sound like compare to the real one?

Sep 30, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #174 of 1,243

And when you said that if you put the headphones in ur PC and it sounds worse does that apply to the iphone because I mainly listen on my phone

Also somthing random is it ok to buy a lot of headphones because it's a addiction I just wanna hear ever headphones and it's fun and love them <3 :D because my parents always tells me that 1 headphones is enough

It is OK to buy a lot of headphones, your parents (and my wife) are wrong :wink:

Sep 30, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #175 of 1,243
Also somthing random is it ok to buy a lot of headphones because it's a addiction I just wanna hear ever headphones and it's fun and love them <3
biggrin.gif
because my parents always tells me that 1 headphones is enough

I guess head-fi members have at least 2-3 headphones. It is very normal here. Once I had almost 15 headphones early this year. 
biggrin.gif
 That's another part of each hobby.

Sep 30, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #176 of 1,243
it resembles chocolate, yes.  just the rubber cord winder.  it fades away after time

Yea the cord does smell like chocolate and is it me or the earbud sounds to

Sep 30, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #177 of 1,243
I guess head-fi members have at least 2-3 headphones. It is very normal here. Once I had almost 15 headphones early this year. :D  That's another part of each hobby.

Glad to know :D

Sep 30, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #178 of 1,243
I guess head-fi members have at least 20-30 headphones. It is very normal here. Once I had almost 15 headphones early this year. :D  That's another part of each hobby.

There you go, fixed that for you :wink:

Sep 30, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #180 of 1,243

Also somthing random is it ok to buy a lot of headphones because it's a addiction I just wanna hear ever headphones and it's fun and love them <3
biggrin.gif
because my parents always tells me that 1 headphones is enough

Get a full open back headphone and blasts it whilst in the same room as them. Then ask them if one pair of headphones is all you need. If they still stand by their decision. Repeat the process until they break, and they will break eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back