The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Feb 25, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #256 of 7,980
I know because the mailer-daemon response told me it was being marked spam and provided a link to the online spam filter.

I was also contacted by heir audio alternatively and they mentioned it had been a problem they encountered before. But either way It looks like I have contact with them now.

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #257 of 7,980
Can anyone currently living in Asia tell me about the shipping experience from Heir in Chengdu? The UPS tracking service shows that the package underwent a departure scan there at around 9:35pm local time on 2/22, and since then, there has been zero updates. I figure that it would take one day to get to a major Chinese hub like Shenzhen or Shanghai, and after that, it's a small flight to where I live in Taipei. I don't know how reliable the tracking has been for UPS in China, but generally tracking services are reliable in Taiwan. The lack of any status updates has been really alarming for me --  Although I would very much like it to be so, I don't need it to be in my hands, just a simple blip on the radar to let me know it's actually moving would be nice.

So has anyone else had odd UPS experiences like these when shipping from China?

Brown is not doing much for me right now...
mad.gif

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #258 of 7,980
I had experience with 3.A. After the company declared me they had sent my earphones, the status by UPS was nothing update for 3 days. After that, the status was showed to visit Hongkong before going to Japan for next 3 days. I am living in Japan, but it took nearly a week to obtain a package from China by UPS. Moreover, there is no UPS agency around my place, then UPS uses local Japanese shipping company to send the package for me with addition charging for 10 USD to me.    

Quote:
Can anyone currently living in Asia tell me about the shipping experience from Heir in Chengdu? The UPS tracking service shows that the package underwent a departure scan there at around 9:35pm local time on 2/22, and since then, there has been zero updates. I figure that it would take one day to get to a major Chinese hub like Shenzhen or Shanghai, and after that, it's a small flight to where I live in Taipei. I don't know how reliable the tracking has been for UPS in China, but generally tracking services are reliable in Taiwan. The lack of any status updates has been really alarming for me --  Although I would very much like it to be so, I don't need it to be in my hands, just a simple blip on the radar to let me know it's actually moving would be nice.

So has anyone else had odd UPS experiences like these when shipping from China?

Brown is not doing much for me right now...
mad.gif

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #259 of 7,980
UPS doesn't always check in packages at destinations or publish them. It's one of their many, many, many, many flaws and one of the reasons why I never choose to ship anything from them.

Especially due to their tendency of just throwing packages onto my porch even though they're labeled as fragile and requiring a signature.

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #260 of 7,980
Quote:
UPS doesn't always check in packages at destinations or publish them. It's one of their many, many, many, many flaws and one of the reasons why I never choose to ship anything from them.

Especially due to their tendency of just throwing packages onto my porch even though they're labeled as fragile and requiring a signature.

More amusement annoyance from UPS:

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #262 of 7,980
Quote:
That's really weird, Tom! My package from Canada I told you about via PM was sent UPS, and it shows a similar double-departure scan. It shows the package departing from the same location yesterday and today. Must be a system-wide glitch?

Perhaps. Or maybe the UPS logistics system is so powerful it can detect disruptions in the space-time continuum...
rolleyes.gif

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #263 of 7,980
I am not sure that that is it. It shouldn't be annoying though the package will get there safe and sound. It appears that it was ready to depart Chengdu and then may have been caught up in customs for a couple of days and then was updated again when the package cleared customs.

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #264 of 7,980
Quote:
I am not sure that that is it. It shouldn't be annoying though the package will get there safe and sound. It appears that it was ready to depart Chengdu and then may have been caught up in customs for a couple of days and then was updated again when the package cleared customs.

But why would customs care about items leaving the country? This is China. They don't set export tariffs.

Feb 25, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #265 of 7,980
More likely they have two shipping centers in that region, one for national and international, and it was transported from one to the other.

That's my guess, anyway. It seems much more likely than UPS, a company that can't figure out who to do a delivery on the weekends, having the ability to travel through time in any way.

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #266 of 7,980
when i was checking on my updates my package did get delayed slightly because it needed some kind of export verification. The fun part was when it actually arrived in the UK and apparently they couldn't understand the address written by Heir but apparently didn't call me because they don't do that! I called them and arranged for redelivery next day. Guess what. The address they reprinted was exactly the same as the one written by Heir.

UPS have a 100% success rate of messing up my delivery every time!

I suppose in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal but unfortunately that's what happens when waiting for a new 'toy'! Don't worry guys and gals not long to wait 
wink_face.gif

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #267 of 7,980
When my 4.A shipped, it checked out of Chengdu fairly quickly but then spent a couple days floating about in an indeterminate state in China before materializing at Incheon in South Korea. From there, bam boom bam every point of delivery was reliably accounted for.

I usually have no problems with UPS, but when one happens it's a howler, like the time my TV was delivered to a dissimilar address in another town about 30 miles away.

Feb 26, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #268 of 7,980
Could someone with 8.A tell me how much you had to pay for the UPS brokerage(tax/duty)?  Do you pay it when you receive the package or you call UPS and do the advance authorized payment thing.  Thanks.

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #269 of 7,980

Quote:
Could someone with 8.A tell me how much you had to pay for the UPS brokerage(tax/duty)?  Do you pay it when you receive the package or you call UPS and do the advance authorized payment thing.  Thanks.

I have the 8.A and live in Toronto as well. There is no brokerage fee but you have to pay the full HST Tax. $150 CAD is what you need to pay for the 8.A. The UPS guy will come to your door and ask for payment, surrender your credit card, he copies down your card info and you sign his thingymajig and he will hand you over the package.

Feb 26, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #270 of 7,980
suppose it depends on which country you are in. UK normally they will deliver and ask for cash which will be tax and duty + admin charge for paying duty first. If you want to pay by CC you need to phone their office but that might involve them taking the package away again. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back