The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Feb 23, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #226 of 7,980
Necessary, no. But my logic was thus: I'm buying an iPad when it hits and it'll have at least double the space of my iPhone, which means instead of using iTunes Match to load it up with 256 kbps downloaded songs I can put on my actual ALAC. However, I skip a lot so it'd be nice if I could control that with my iPad still in my bag.

I've heard some iffy things about the quality of the TF10 cable and I'm not paying nearly half the price again for the Monster one.

Feb 23, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #228 of 7,980
After educating UPS in how to read an address properly my 8.A's have arrived
bigsmile_face.gif
.  Don't know how many people have already thanked The Wizard already but just going to add my own little thanks!

Fit is perfect and really comfortable. I was a little worried beforehand because my ACS T1's are silicon and should provide a better fit but i sometimes have difficulty finding a decent position for them. They actually isolate a bit better than the T1's.

Don't think i have enough knowledge or experience to give a proper review of what they are like but having read back on Project86's very extensive review i seem to be picking up on a lot of what he described. The bass is very solid and nothing like i expected. It is present but not at all overpowering (i've only been using them for the last couple of hours!).

However, i seem to 'feel' the music so much more and it really is exciting listening to something again which i didn't get with ACS T1's. A bit like listening to a live band in your head!

One slight 'problem' though. I was listening through my iphone initially and then switched to an ipod Nano 6g and found that i have to crank the volume up over halfway whereas with the iphone it is under a third.  The reason i am using the Nano is because i want something quite portable. So it looks like i will need an amp for the ipod. Any ideas?

Feb 23, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #231 of 7,980
thanks muppetface! they are definitely worth the wait.

doug i know what you mean! luckily i'm limited by my desire not to lug a brick around because i like to travel light. i won't say my budget is unlimited but i'm willing to pay for quality. Actually portability rather than transportability is quite important. it's the only reason i went with the nano. thanks for any help! 

Feb 23, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #232 of 7,980

Quote:
thanks muppetface! they are definitely worth the wait.

doug i know what you mean! luckily i'm limited by my desire not to lug a brick around because i like to travel light. i won't say my budget is unlimited but i'm willing to pay for quality. Actually portability rather than transportability is quite important. it's the only reason i went with the nano. thanks for any help! 

I use my 8'a's with a pico slim double side taped to my 160gb classic with a low pro LOD. Works like a charm. You can still easily put it in, and take out of, your pocket.

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #233 of 7,980
Nano and Pico slim would go great together form-factor wise.

I sold my pico slim because it was too small actually, it was such a hassle having it bundled with my iPhone 4, because it was way smaller. Should be great with a nano tho.

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #235 of 7,980
I LOVE my pico, but also have a Arrow 4g coming to me on the 10th. I'm curious how the pico and arrow compare to eachother. Of course the most attractive aspect of both of them is that they are slim enough to be pocket friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back