The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Feb 23, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #241 of 7,980
Quote:
Fit is perfect and really comfortable. I was a little worried beforehand because my ACS T1's are silicon and should provide a better fit but i sometimes have difficulty finding a decent position for them. They actually isolate a bit better than the T1's.

Hm, now that's interesting. I would have thought that better isolation and a more comfortable fit would be the advantage of the T1 over any acrylic CIEM. Could you elaborate on the difficulty of finding a decent position? Being modeled to your ears, can they have more than one position, once inserted completely? Did you have this problem right from the bat? Did you contact ACS about it?

Feb 23, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #242 of 7,980
Quote:
So wheres all the 4.a reviews? Lots of purchases in the beginning of the thread but no one really posted an in depth comparison or review! Really interested in these.

I'll have to wait until the summer break for mine. Writing an in-depth review with comparisons takes hours upon hours, and I'm currently trying to catch up with several projects, one of which is a microphone shootout; to judge it, I'll be switching between the 4.A and other, cheaper earphones and headphones, which will also provide me with more material for my review.

Feb 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #243 of 7,980

Quote:

I'll have to wait until the summer break for mine. Writing an in-depth review with comparisons takes hours upon hours, and I'm currently trying to catch up with several projects, one of which is a microphone shootout; to judge it, I'll be switching between the 4.A and other, cheaper earphones and headphones, which will also provide me with more material for my review.

Shut up and rush out a review with loads of inaccuracies and lack of in-depth analysis!
I want to make hastily thought out purchases, on items that can't be returned and have heavy costs and wait times for refits due to shipping and import/export issues!
TELL ME TO BUY THEM ALREADY!

Also, yours turned out beautifully if that's them for your av.

Feb 24, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #244 of 7,980
Quote:
TELL ME TO BUY THEM ALREADY!

BUY 'EM ALREADY, YA FOOL!

(This said, I'm also guilty of mucho impatience in regard to other people's reviews!)

Also, yours turned out beautifully if that's them for your av.

Yup. The very thing. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #245 of 7,980

Quote:

Hm, now that's interesting. I would have thought that better isolation and a more comfortable fit would be the advantage of the T1 over any acrylic CIEM. Could you elaborate on the difficulty of finding a decent position? Being modeled to your ears, can they have more than one position, once inserted completely? Did you have this problem right from the bat? Did you contact ACS about it?

My friend says the same thing. Its because the silicon is soft and malleable so it makes it difficult to get it in the appropriate position sometimes. But they're certainly more comfortable. Then again, Acrylic isn't uncomfortable either.

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #246 of 7,980

Quote:
Originally Posted by cho8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So it looks like i will need an amp for the ipod. Any ideas?

I'd recommend you wait for a couple of reviews on the earsonics amp. If its as good as their phones, it would make a perfect match for the 8.A.

However, it time is of the essence, I've heard very good things about the Leckerton UHA-6.

If you want something more hardcore, I'd say go with one of the portable balanced amps from iBasso or Ray Samuels, and get the iBasso DB1 to pair with it for the ultimate balanced set up on the go.

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #247 of 7,980
Thanks Saintkeat. I did have a long look at RSA but at the moment i'm thnking about having something ultra portable. The pico slim looks good butni might even hold off on that until my ears become more fussy!

@Sinocelt. The silicon actually makes the T1's a bit more tricky to get in if your ears are dry and they do appear to expand a bit when warmer which helps the seal. However, i think the rubbery nature of the silicon makes them too grippy in the ear and they will occasionally form what feels like a little vacuum so i have to break the seal for them to be comfortable again. Other than that they are very comfortable and most of the time forget they are there. However, i don't find the Heirs any worse comfort wise and they don't develop this vacuum effect.

Feb 24, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #249 of 7,980
has anyone had problems contacting heir audio with the email on the website? I tried 2 different emails, gmail and yahoo. The yahoo is never used and never signed up for anything. Its an empty account. Gmail was literally created 2 days ago. Both get instantly denied mailer daemon, citing getting returned by a spam filter. No way both those emails, much less the new unused one are spam flagged. I clicked a little link in the email for the spam filters website to have it unflagged and forwarded but who knows if that will ever happen. Its been a couple days without a response now and consensus has been really great email response time from heir audio.

Feb 24, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #255 of 7,980
I think he means he has used them to contact them. That's odd. Google doesn't normally get marked as spam because, well, it's Google. Yahoo can and so can Hotmail, though.

How do you know it's being marked as spam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back