The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jun 23, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #7,907 of 7,980
People seem to be forgetting the fact that negative impressions also don't tend to emerge due to incentive issues. If you don't like an IEM and want to sell it off, you are not going to go around writing negative things about it!

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #7,908 of 7,980
Quote:
People seem to be forgetting the fact that negative impressions also don't tend to emerge due to incentive issues. If you don't like an IEM and want to sell it off, you are not going to go around writing negative things about it!

That can be one reason...  The other reason was that with the Heir threads, you got attacked buy multiple people for speaking anything negative about Heir Audio.  Even if you liked the IEMs and stated a flaw, you got attacked.  I even saw someone get lynched by Wizard for stating something positive about Heir Audio (I think he just assumed it was negative because of who said it). 

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #7,909 of 7,980
Quote:
Thanks Project 86.

As I counterpoint, I want to say that now that I clearly stated my opinion, I will not insist. I am in no way part of an anti Heir / anti Wizard mob. I am not a fan of the brand / Wizard, but still respect the work done and really appreciated the 5.0.

And that's as it should be. We tend to overdo it with loyalty and pride of ownership and whatnot. Especially with these smaller brands where it feels more personal. Contrast that with a larger firm like Sennheiser where people don't seem to have a problem loving the HD800 and HD650 but hating the HD700 and IE8. 

Quote:

Unless your name is Radio_Head. But seriously, I think we've become a mature enough forum where this sort of thing (mostly) doesn't hold back serious impressions, for better or worse. Plus you inevitably get thoughts from people who hear gear at a meet, or from a friend, or from a loaner program. 

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #7,910 of 7,980
Quote:

That can be one reason...  The other reason was that with the Heir threads, you got attacked buy multiple people for speaking anything negative about Heir Audio.  Even if you liked the IEMs and stated a flaw, you got attacked.  I even saw someone get lynched by Wizard for stating something positive about Heir Audio (I think he just assumed it was negative because of who said it). 

This isn't really unique just for Heir though. It happens everywhere.

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #7,911 of 7,980
Quote:
First of all we can all certainly do without another Kanye photo. Secondly I could care less what you think of the thread being renamed, from the onset I started this post for my appreciation of John and just because he is no longer with Heir doesn't mean that this thread shouldn't reflect what he has done in the world of ciems. John once a fellow headfier has done what most of us will only dream of and has introduced a lot of ideas that have been reproduced at other shops.

As it has been stated before this hobby is very subjective and not everyone hears things exactly the same way, before getting your post count up even higher since 2011 (not an easy feat I am sure) maybe you should have been following this thread the last few days before making a post such as yours. As that has already been done and addressed.

We are all guilty of adding to the hype for a product for various reasons at one time or another, yourself included.

It is funny though how the reverse fan boys come out in groves since Johns departure from Heir.

I don't think you should talk about his post count like that. Especially since he got reputation points for his kanye west post. Lol. 

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #7,912 of 7,980
Quote:

I don't think the Wizard assumed it was negative because of who said it. I think he has a communication problem. Sometimes the things he says makes no sense. I don't know if it's just me or if others have noticed the same thing. 

Jun 23, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #7,913 of 7,980
Is it possible at one point multiple individuals in the Heir group had access to the Wizards head fi account?

I was simply making a subjective statement regarding your number of posts in 2 years, unlike your sentiment regarding the relabeling of the thread.

Jun 23, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #7,914 of 7,980
Quote:
Is it possible at one point multiple individuals in the Heir group had access to the Wizards head fi account?

I was simply making a subjective statement regarding your number of posts in 2 years, unlike your sentiment regarding the relabeling of the thread.

that could be possible. You're right. Maybe non English speaking individuals had posted on behalf of the Wizard from time to time. 

Jun 23, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #7,915 of 7,980
Quote:

Quote:
This isn't really unique just for Heir though. It happens everywhere.

This is what I find bothersome, it seems like some feel like it's a conspiracy or something but this isn't exclusive to the Heir threads, go read the Aurisonic lovefest threads, it's pretty much the same thing. I wouldn't think of posting my impressions from the brief encounter I had with the ASG-1.2's in any of those threads, I'd be massacred.

Jun 23, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #7,917 of 7,980
Quote:

This is what I find bothersome, it seems like some feel like it's a conspiracy or something but this isn't exclusive to the Heir threads, go read the Aurisonic lovefest threads, it's pretty much the same thing. I wouldn't think of posting my impressions from the brief encounter I had with the ASG-1.2's in any of those threads, I'd be massacred.

I'm sorry, can you point out a single instance of a member being attacked for a set of impressions?

Granted, there was a member who felt the need to counter every negative sentiment, but noone has ever been attacked there. The Heir threads, however...

And that's a horrible excuse. That's like saying "Officer, you can't arrest me for murder! Not when so many other people do it!"

Jun 23, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #7,918 of 7,980

LOL @ lovefest.
It might really be a smaller more "personal" company thing, where you have access to people and not just a corporate logo; it's easier for people to latch on.

Speaking of logo's I don't really like the Aurisonics logo as I've said on those threads, but the Heir logo is worse. It's just not good, at all. Anyone feel free to disagree but you would be wrong. :wink:

Jun 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #7,919 of 7,980
Quote:
LOL @ lovefest.
It might really be a smaller more "personal" company thing, where you have access to people and not just a corporate logo; it's easier for people to latch on.

Speaking of logo's I don't really like the Aurisonics logo as I've said on those threads, but the Heir logo is worse. It's just not good, at all. Anyone feel free to disagree but you would be wrong.
wink.gif

the logo is only fit for a king  
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #7,920 of 7,980

Users who are viewing this thread

Back