The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jun 24, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #7,951 of 7,980
Quote:

Actually my mother had a large part in it the logo. She tried to hand mock it together, as a former artist she did every thing from oils, charcols, to even pottery...    The thing is, her ability to do art slowly dwindled as her essential tremor it became worse over time. Eventually, she could no longer sign her name.  Her DBS surgery was done two days ago, from my dad's reports, she is recovering well. 

I was rather proud of that logo as a bit of her was in that logo.

To further the explanation of the logo....   (Truth is I should write a book about this experience)  When Heir Audio began, it was began with little money, and on the scale of things, some would say it was began with no money.  Just a closet for a lab, old dusty tools that I dare say were nicked from a "lost and found" bin and we didn't even have a microscope in the lab at the time. 

In fact about the first 20 CIEMs were built in a bathroom, as the bathroom would contain the dust, and a small space heater was adequate to keep the room warm.

But in relation to the logo, we did not have a laser machine, as at the time the cost was too high for one. But we felt we could afford a vinyl cutter. (Essentially vinyl cutters make "stickers.")   Thus we were subject to the restrictions as to what a vinyl cutter could do, which isn't much. Also keep in mind, the logo will be placed on a surface area not much bigger than the size of a jelly bean, it is difficult for a vinyl cutter to make small intricate cuts, a laser can do a better job, but even it has limitations.

So, the logo was born, from the hands of a disabled mother, from the restrictions of a small bank account, and from a Head Fier that dared to follow his dreams.

Wizard

Hello Wizard,

I am always quite astonished at the fact that you would share such things. Apparently quite a few members admire / enjoy this.

I am will certainly get much hate for saying this, but I usually like to talk my mind : I think the headfi forum is definitly not the place for this. I do not see any other professionals sharing their life difficulties.

Of course it may sound insensitive or even mean to even say this, but I think such private details should be kept private. I am not sure what the objective behind such posts are ? Such details I would share only with my very best friends..

I am sorry if some feel this is insensitive, but I FEEL it is very insensitive to share such things on a HEADPHONE FORUM.

Please anyone who disagrees, stay civil, just as I am stating things in a very polite way.

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #7,952 of 7,980
Quote:
Quote:

Actually my mother had a large part in it the logo. She tried to hand mock it together, as a former artist she did every thing from oils, charcols, to even pottery...    The thing is, her ability to do art slowly dwindled as her essential tremor it became worse over time. Eventually, she could no longer sign her name.  Her DBS surgery was done two days ago, from my dad's reports, she is recovering well. 

I was rather proud of that logo as a bit of her was in that logo.

To further the explanation of the logo....   (Truth is I should write a book about this experience)  When Heir Audio began, it was began with little money, and on the scale of things, some would say it was began with no money.  Just a closet for a lab, old dusty tools that I dare say were nicked from a "lost and found" bin and we didn't even have a microscope in the lab at the time. 

In fact about the first 20 CIEMs were built in a bathroom, as the bathroom would contain the dust, and a small space heater was adequate to keep the room warm.

But in relation to the logo, we did not have a laser machine, as at the time the cost was too high for one. But we felt we could afford a vinyl cutter. (Essentially vinyl cutters make "stickers.")   Thus we were subject to the restrictions as to what a vinyl cutter could do, which isn't much. Also keep in mind, the logo will be placed on a surface area not much bigger than the size of a jelly bean, it is difficult for a vinyl cutter to make small intricate cuts, a laser can do a better job, but even it has limitations.

So, the logo was born, from the hands of a disabled mother, from the restrictions of a small bank account, and from a Head Fier that dared to follow his dreams.

Wizard

Hello Wizard,

I am always quite astonished at the fact that you would share such things. Apparently quite a few members admire / enjoy this.

I am will certainly get much hate for saying this, but I usually like to talk my mind : I think the headfi forum is definitly not the place for this. I do not see any other professionals sharing their life difficulties.

Of course it may sound insensitive or even mean to even say this, but I think such private details should be kept private. I am not sure what the objective behind such posts are ? Such details I would share only with my very best friends..

I am sorry if some feel this is insensitive, but I FEEL it is very insensitive to share such things on a HEADPHONE FORUM.

Please anyone who disagrees, stay civil, just as I am stating things in a very polite way.

If he wants to share this, why can't he? Its his choice, Mim, its not yours. So don't act like it is your choice.

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #7,954 of 7,980
Hello Wizard,

I'm sorry if I'm being "insensitive" but dude did you read the thread's title?

I see his post as relevant and yours absolutely not.

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #7,955 of 7,980
Quote:
Hello Wizard,

He's sharing personal details about getting started in making headphones, not about how he took a poop and found out it was green. I'd say talking about the beginning of a HEADPHONE company is pertinent to a headphone forum, specifically in a thread about said company.

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #7,957 of 7,980
Hello Wizard,

His mother's input is evidently quite an integral part of how the Heir logo came to being. It's rather disquieting to think that someone might misconstrue such a personal anecdote as containing ulterior motives in this case.

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #7,958 of 7,980
Quote:
Quote:
If he wants to share this, why can't he? Its his choice, Mim, its not yours. So don't act like it is your choice.

Not my choice in any case, that is for sure. Just stating my opinion...and that is my choice.

But why can't he share those details with us if he wants to? Explain please.

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #7,960 of 7,980
Quote:

I never said  he could not.

I just find the tone of these posts quite tasteless and not alone in thinking so...but of course given the reactions on this threads, no other likeminded person will say so.

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #7,962 of 7,980
Quote:
His mother's input is evidently quite an integral part of how the Heir logo came to being. It's rather disquieting to think that someone might misconstrue such a personal anecdote as containing ulterior motives in this case.

It is rather disquieting that someone might NOT construe such motives.

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #7,963 of 7,980
Quote:
Quote:

I never said  he could not.

I just find the tone of these posts quite tasteless and not alone in thinking so...but of course given the reactions on this threads, no other likeminded person will say so.

Tasteless = wanting to share a story with people?

To be clear I don't even like my 4.Ai's, so I'm not a fanboy.

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #7,965 of 7,980

Users who are viewing this thread

Back