The Westone UM1/UM2 Appreciation Thread
Jan 4, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #31 of 516
not the best picture, but u can see it does not stick out. i use the tri-flange modded to a bi-flange.

IMG_9046.jpg

Jan 4, 2006 at 9:14 AM Post #36 of 516
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachhensley
I believe I've just been sold.

Thanks.

Any other pictures would be great too from anyone and everyone!

Ask and ye shall recieve.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

last two are with the large complys.

Jan 5, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #38 of 516
I have been using them for more than 3 months and they absolutely rock. Experience with them were so much better than ER-6/ER-6i/Sony SA1K. I loved using them with Ipod Mini/Sik Ram Din/Hornet combo.

Jan 5, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #39 of 516
I tried the the e4's before I bought the UM2's and thought they were not that great... the UM2's just make me feel like I want to dance down the street...
orphsmile.gif

Jan 5, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #40 of 516
I'm having the best success using the Shure tri-flange with stem trimmed to be flush with largest flange. I perceived better sound quality with this than with the Westone yellow foamies. I also perceived greater volume at the same level on my PDAP, probably because the seal with the foamies was lacking.

Jan 5, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #41 of 516
Tomorrow is, let's whatcha got day! I'll be picking up a pair of custom tips for the UM2 around 3pm on W 30th St. Let's see how smart it was to stay local, figured it would be a lot easier to make corrections, if any, in person.

Jan 5, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #42 of 516
I bought myself some UM1s for Christmas, to replace my lost ER6is, and I love them! Much better bass than the Etys, and I don't notice a lack of detail, either.

Thanks to Whorehay's photos, I just realised that I've been a bit timid about how far I've been inserting them - they're in much further now, and the isolation (with tryflanges) is awesome.

My one issue is that when I use them with my new 5G Ipod (christmas present) I have a noticeable hiss - even if it's on pause. Some searching around here found this:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=143693

where it's suggested that an inline volume attenuator is the fix - has anyone else tried this? I'm a little worried that there's a problem with the Ipod of UM1s, as I can't find much mention of this issue elsewhere.

Jan 5, 2006 at 4:17 PM Post #43 of 516
I really like my UM2's. Any opinions on whether they sound better amped or unamped?

Jan 5, 2006 at 7:13 PM Post #45 of 516
I just ordered the UM2's from Earphonesolutions.com, and Flavio, for overnight delivery tomorrow. This was a tough decision, as I thought I would buy the E4C/G.

I will be upgrading my currect E3C's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back