The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 25, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #87,616 of 88,404
The Yatono OG + Trailli indeed go very well.
From my experience with Brise cables, they 'clean up' the sound (hard to describe this), push back any peaky highs, and add to low-end rumble just a tad bit very tastefully.
I tip rolled the Trailli like crazy to land the perfect sound and fit. Finally landed on the Itsfit Variety Dot Pro and bam! Perfection.

But yes, even with the whole chain curated, Traillis are no bass monsters. They are still good with EDM IMHO but I feel like if they were bass-boosted they would lose some of their magic.

This is true, exactly as I hear most Brise offerings. They are legit cables.

Awesome news! Andrew is sending me the Aroma Jewel for review! Can't wait to hear this thing!

The jewel likes louder volumes, use a good source and listen loud, the dynamics will come out whereas they may be less detectable at lower volumes. Jewel was tuned with louder listening in mind IMO. Love it. Still wish I could hear Fei wan @MusicTeck = (

Apr 25, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #87,617 of 88,404
I read an interesting analysis once. In the Bible it says "In the beginning was the word...". "Word" basically means "vibration", which produces sound. So what this Bible verse is essentially saying is that sound (like the cosmic "Aum") is the primary and most primal aspect of the manifested/created universe. It is thus that, of all of our 5 senses, through sound in general and music in particular we are able to be stirred, inspired and affected to the deepest reaches of our being. If this isn't a noble pursuit I don't know what is.
@warrenpchi just wanted to say something noble about music appreciation, and you just elevated it to holy level :).

Apr 25, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #87,618 of 88,404
The jewel likes louder volumes, use a good source and listen loud, the dynamics will come out whereas they may be less detectable at lower volumes. Jewel was tuned with louder listening in mind IMO. Love it. Still wish I could hear Fei wan @MusicTeck = (
Thanks for the advice!

Apr 25, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #87,619 of 88,404
Would you buy the Mentor Multiverse or the Annihilator 2023 for around the same price? I auditioned both and preferred the Anni (better dynamics, treble, better bass and general more exiting listening experience). The MM hat had better soundstage and imaging and I really like the 3d like bone conductor effects..

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #87,620 of 88,404
I read an interesting analysis once. In the Bible it says "In the beginning was the word...". "Word" basically means "vibration", which produces sound. So what this Bible verse is essentially saying is that sound (like the cosmic "Aum") is the primary and most primal aspect of the manifested/created universe. It is thus that, of all of our 5 senses, through sound in general and music in particular we are able to be stirred, inspired and affected to the deepest reaches of our being. If this isn't a noble pursuit I don't know what is.
Don't know about the origins of the bible but your kungfu avtar is epic.

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #87,621 of 88,404
Apr 25, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #87,623 of 88,404
Haha, well, I stand by it! It's not every day you see such a masterpiece represented in an avatar!

For anyone who does't know:

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #87,624 of 88,404
Somebody is selling Cayin N30 LE - Amber Pearl edition, DAP only, at @$6,800 in classifieds, I believe higher than retail. Is it even possible?

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #87,628 of 88,404
Somebody is selling Cayin N30 LE - Amber Pearl edition, DAP only, at @$6,800 in classifieds, I believe higher than retail. Is it even possible?
If people are offering to sell Storm for $20,000 by wire transfer only anything is possible! No doubt there will always be a poor soul with more money than sense that just goes for it rofl.

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #87,630 of 88,404
If people are offering to sell Storm for $20,000 by wire transfer only anything is possible! No doubt there will always be a poor soul with more money than sense that just goes for it rofl.

Only $20k? I want that fancy blue watch @Ike1985 posted at minimum or it’s not leaving. 😏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back