The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 23, 2024 at 3:50 AM Post #87,347 of 88,261
Brise Audio FUGAKU IEMs system's estimated price is ¥2,500,000 (USD $16,500)

https://briseaudio.com/en/pages/fugaku

This could potentially destroy some company's (such as Unique Melody UM) bling business model and hype marketing with their ultra expensive stuff, whereby rich non-audiophiles buy them simply for the sake of wearing the most expensive 'earphones / earrings' 🙈
**** me, 25,000 aud.

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #87,348 of 88,261
**** me, 25,000 aud.
LMAOOO..

It's 250,000,000 in mine and @Deezel177 's currency.. which is the typical 5-year salary of 80% of the population here

But to be 'fair' we are actually getting lots and lots of proprietary parts and electronics for the money with the Brise system.. instead of just standard resin shells, off the shelf drivers and internal wiring, and some fancy stock cables..

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #87,349 of 88,261
LMAOOO..

It's 250,000,000 in mine and @Deezel177 's currency

But IMO we are actually getting lots and lots of proprietary parts and electronics for the money with the Brise system.. instead of just standard resin shells, off the shelf drivers and internal wiring, and some fancy stock cables..
Sure, but bloody he'll, shure designed a stax iem and they didn't cost this much.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 4:08 AM Post #87,350 of 88,261
Volür I found slightly thick in the bass (m12), mids a bit veiled and 2 dimensional, and treble to be lacking the last bit of air.

drftr

For Volur I take it you can’t hear that gargantuan upper treble peak that’s in the tuning? For me it was far too airy up top, it sounded like my ear drums were being sliced open with certain tracks.

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:10 AM Post #87,351 of 88,261
The @Craft Ears Omnium are such excellent in-ear monitors.

1000002285.jpg

I bought it blind after coming across its FR, because it isn't your typical run-of-the-mill Harman fare and I also imagined I would like it if it sounds anything like it graphs.

Well I do like it for a whole lot of reasons including the fact that drums sound so tactile and realistic; it's incredible resolution even for its price of EUR 2300; and that despite having varied driver technologies, it sounds so damn cohesive and whole. I am sure the ZM2 plus PB5 chain also plays a part. 😉
An amazing iem, out of the TOTL I have demoed, its definitely one of my favorites.

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #87,352 of 88,261

1000002285.jpg

I bought it blind after coming across its FR, because it isn't your typical run-of-the-mill Harman fare and I also imagined I would like it if it sounds anything like it graphs.

Well I do like it for a whole lot of reasons including the fact that drums sound so tactile and realistic; it's incredible resolution even for its price of EUR 2300; and that despite having varied driver technologies, it sounds so damn cohesive and whole. I am sure the ZM2 plus PB5 chain also plays a part. 😉
What case is that on the ZM2? Looks nice

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #87,353 of 88,261

This could potentially destroy some company's (such as Unique Melody UM) bling business model and hype marketing with their ultra expensive stuff, whereby rich non-audiophiles buy them simply for the sake of wearing the most expensive 'earphones / earrings' 🙈
Ouch!
If you add VAT, you end up with a nice 18,5 K Eur (where I live). I'm not sure if there is also customs duty to be added on top of that...as if 15K wasn't bad enough.

This makes the UM seem like a bargain. I was lucky enough to try the UM soleil tombé in SG, maybe a similar opportunity will arise for Fugaku, as I don't think I'll ever be in the position of buying one. One can dream though...

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:22 AM Post #87,354 of 88,261

1000002285.jpg

I bought this set as a CIEM at the end of last year. It’s one of my favorite tuned sets at any price point. I love the analogue sounding yet transparent mid range it has. 😍

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:37 AM Post #87,356 of 88,261

And YES, those high net worth individuals actually look to buy Earphones, not IEMs (because they do not know what the term means).. trust me I know enough of them to be able to see the trend.. LOL
As a way of keeping our hobby as down to earth and as realistic for as many people as possible, I would like to add the following:

(Keeping within the Brise ecosystem for simplicity) I have owned and compared cables costing 2-3 times to what I use daily, and while there are improvements, they are not two (or even three times) better as per the price ratio.. one would be lucky to get a 5% improvement at all..

The same goes with IEMs and electronics but then there would be more brands involved, hence more subjectivity too..

So in other words, IMHE a properly synergized affordable system (to one's preference) could have easily beaten any ultra high end but randomly plugged in gears any day..

So don't get all these talks of absurdly expensive stuff put yous newbie audiophiles down.. they are mostly for entertainment and chit chat only, nothing more.. your existing but properly matched system is more likely to sound better (to you) anyway.. 😁

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #87,357 of 88,261

And YES, those high net worth individuals actually look to buy Earphones, not IEMs (because they do not know what the term means).. trust me I know enough of them to be able to see the trend.. LOL

When i see things like this, I see it as a new tech that is yet to be perfected and hopefully will be in the future. It is the 'first' of its kind that makes it ultra expensive, just like how Plasma TVs were few and super expensive in the early 2000s. With tech, it will get better and more accessible overtime, I think it will definitely be worth the demo, not sure if it's worth the buy given its odd shape and hassle with carrying crossover box and stack it with a DAP.. But sure, it's an innovation! yay!

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:37 AM Post #87,358 of 88,261
100% . Trust your taste and ear. For example there is something better than Storm like G.... Nevermind. *run*:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Just go get your Grand Maestro Anniversary edition bro :smirk:

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #87,359 of 88,261
There will be a target market out there for audiophiles for which money is no object. The He-1 comes to mind.

Not to mention there are two channel systems where $16k would barely scratch the surface.

Or the odd person who will save and splurge. I don’t think many of us will be early adopters at that price point.

Time will tell.

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #87,360 of 88,261
They are in, cant wait to hear if they Can Pur 😁

IMG_5517.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5515.jpeg
    IMG_5515.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5513.jpeg
    IMG_5513.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5511.jpeg