The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 7, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #72,646 of 88,343
Another NGaudio night today, I promised to my self to listen all 3 models I’ve on loan but starting from the cheaper was almost impossible to leave it.
Eurus+ is that kind of iem you dress and forget, reminds me a lot Trailli but with punchier bass and more forward/energetic mids.
That tuning give us a pleasant experience that is never boring but at the same time maintain PRAT and fatigue free.
It’s not a fireworks iem, but more you listen more you appreciate how NGaudio tuned this 10BA+4EST, I’d rate it on top flor BA bass ever heard.
Eurus+ is not only bass ofc, mids reminds me a lot TG334 and some Aroma models, pleasant, technical and bodied at the same time, music flow so well and due to the perfect mix infused in this beautiful shells.
Higly technical and mature tuning made it an higly suggested iem!

IMG_9727.jpeg

Dec 7, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #72,647 of 88,343
Following @emdeevee, but taking a bit longer 🤣 than him (and many others) to cross the line, I like to dedicate no. 1501 (1500 was reserved for another thread) to you Watercoolers and oc @Rockwell75 for creating this place. It is a great pleasure to follow this thread even if sometimes it is really hard to keep up with it's pace given a normal life to live.

One thing is for sure though - without rediscovering this thread at the end of last year it would probably have taken me another 20 years to reach that number :)

But also no glory without sacrifice:
my wallet does hurt badly (still leaving a smile on my face) after this year of inflamed enthusiasm for the technical part of listening to what it is all about.
:beerchug:

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #72,648 of 88,343
1213.jpg

I've received the Watercooler Tour IEMs for a demo, Appreciate the opportunities @Rockwell75 @MusicTeck @Penon , Thank you!

Canpur 622B
The 622B's FR can be succinctly described - it aligns closely with my preferences.
The ear gain is well placed and weighted. Vocals are nicely positioned in the mix, exhibiting good texture and breathy qualities.
Female vocals possess a hint of warmth, contributing body without being overshadowed.
The treble in the vocal setting is impressive, offering abundant details without any harshness.
While I want a bit more brightness in the lower treble range for string timbre, the existing treble is unlikely to displease anyone.
The low frequency of the 622B reach impressive depths for balanced armature drivers, providing a satisfying rumble that I can feel.

Aroma Audio Fei Wan
I used to own the Aroma Jewel so I was excited to hear this.
What struck me initially was the more V-shaped tuning, increased resolving power and an overall improvement in clarity and
note definition compared to the Jewel. The midrange feels like it has been re-positioned to a more central and concentric arrangement.
While it may not be as expansive as Jewel, there's an increase in detail and sharper imaging. Other thing I note is slightly warmer male vocals,
sweeter female vocals and an overall more vibrant presence.
The treble is portrayed with a brightness, effectively elevating overall note cleanliness. There's also an enhanced sense of realism,
although it can be perceived as slightly sharp and fatiguing at times.
In contrast to the Jewel, the bass notes on these seem to have been refined, displaying a good punchiness and slam.
Lovely low-end experience for sure.

Sound Rhyme Prado
Smooth with a musical sound signature with a touch of euphony, and good body characterize this BA+EST monitor.
In comparison to the 622B and Fei Wan, the Prado has a bit more warmth to its low-end, resulting in a thicker sound.
While it may not possess the overall resolution and detail retrieval of the other (much more expensive) two models, the Prado's bass response
is nicely punch and dynamic, offering an excellent foundation for drums and bass guitar plucks.
For the treble, there is nothing piercing or off-sounding about its tuning. The Prado's EST implementation tends towards a more
relaxed side and complements its musical tuning well.

6222.jpg

121q.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #72,649 of 88,343

I've received the Watercooler Tour IEMs for a demo, Appreciate the opportunities @Rockwell75 @MusicTeck @Penon , Thank you!

Canpur 622B
The 622B's FR can be succinctly described - it aligns closely with my preferences.
The ear gain is well placed and weighted. Vocals are nicely positioned in the mix, exhibiting good texture and breathy qualities.
Female vocals possess a hint of warmth, contributing body without being overshadowed.
The treble in the vocal setting is impressive, offering abundant details without any harshness.
While I want a bit more brightness in the lower treble range for string timbre, the existing treble is unlikely to displease anyone.
The low frequency of the 622B reach impressive depths for balanced armature drivers, providing a satisfying rumble that I can feel.

Aroma Audio Fei Wan
What struck me initially was the more V-shaped tuning, increased resolving power and an overall improvement in clarity and
note definition compared to the Jewel. The midrange feels like it has been re-positioned to a more central and concentric arrangement.
While it may not be as expansive as Jewel, there's an increase in detail and sharper imaging. Other thing I note is slightly warmer male vocals,
The treble is portrayed with a brightness, effectively elevating overall note cleanliness. There's also an enhanced sense of realism,
In contrast to the Jewel, the bass notes on these seem to have been refined, displaying a good punchiness and slam.

Sound Rhyme Prado
Smooth with a musical sound signature with a touch of euphony, and good body characterize this BA+EST monitor.
In comparison to the 622B and Fei Wan, the Prado has a bit more warmth to its low-end, resulting in a thicker sound.
While it may not possess the overall resolution and detail retrieval of the other (much more expensive) two models, the Prado's bass response
is nicely punch and dynamic, offering an excellent foundation for drums and bass guitar plucks.
For the treble, there is nothing piercing or off-sounding about its tuning. The Prado's EST implementation tends towards a more

With a whole lot less mid bass and more treble and extension the Oriveti OH700VB sounds alot less dark to me than the PRADO and with the DD doing the bottom end adds the weight to vocals and instruments so as not to sound thin. Hits more my preferences.
That being said I wish the Oriveti hit my target curve for Mid Bass a tad more.

Attachments

• graph-3.png
    graph-3.png
    321.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #72,650 of 88,343
Penon Quattro does not seem to be on their website yet, where did you buy it from?

I’m scratching my head at this as well…
As a Penon early adopter, and supreme annoyance to their customer service, I was able to order these just slightly earlier. Pretty sure they will be for sale this week or next.
Mark, if you own the Penon Serial (3DD) - would be a very interesting comparison, too...
Of course, and I actually had to really consider if this was a worthy upgrade potential for a blind buy! Another one for the team!
1213.jpg

Canpur 622B

Aroma Audio Fei Wan

Sound Rhyme Prado

6222.jpg

121q.jpg
This SR Prado is also on my list to try and hear rather than blind buy. I have an SR7, a cheapie in the market and love it, so I'm very interested in how Prado performs.

I'm especially pleased that they priced it so competitively at $1800 😂 Yeah I realize that's a crap ton of money, but it's half the price of the TOTLs mentioned!!!

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #72,651 of 88,343
As a Penon early adopter, and supreme annoyance to their customer service, I was able to order these just slightly earlier. Pretty sure they will be for sale this week or next.
I never would've thought that being a "Karen" would work on Chifi customer service. Did you have to ask to speak to their manager?

JK! :ksc75smile:

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #72,652 of 88,343
YOU KNOW

that you have spent way too much on IEMs and cables
when your best ChiFi vendor sends you a very nice leather wallet for a Christmas present in your latest order.
Thanks
Hehe! Penon?

Is that case for the DMP-Z1 improvised or customized? 🙂
None of the above!

https://vannuys.co.jp/d983/

1702005846052.png

This works really well with their other exclusive for the DMP-Z1: https://vannuys.co.jp/d984/

1702005944746.png

A man loves his Van Nuys cases!

My temporary lego shelf. Hope it can withstand Envy until my new shelf come.

46EE2340-FFA7-40FF-A0D7-2399E9493DED.jpeg
Super cool! I wouldn't change it out!

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #72,653 of 88,343
Hi guys,
I’m looking for a IEM with the same holographic presentation and bass slam of my Trifecta, but with a slightly more neutral presentation regarding the upper mids and treble. Any ideas?

Raven

A man loves his Van Nuys cases!

A man is on a slippery slope!

Screen Shot 2023-12-07 at 7.32.54 PM.png

Edit: My WM1Z just landed in Canada-- I should have it by Monday :D

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #72,654 of 88,343
Raven

A man is on a slippery slope!

Screen Shot 2023-12-07 at 7.32.54 PM.png

Edit: My WM1Z just landed in Canada-- I should have it by Monday :D
+1 to Raven. Great choice for what @Tom75 seems to be looking for 👍🏼

Dec 7, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #72,656 of 88,343
Dec 8, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #72,657 of 88,343
Dec 8, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #72,658 of 88,343
Thanks a lot. Very interesting idea this Gel fited in the tips. I may try to get some to test.

I see you are from France (like me), how did you managed to get them ? Did Amazon JP shipped to France ?
Hi,

Yes, Amazon JP.

The delivery fees are high 🙁.... And... You need to fit them... 😅

But, these are my endgame tips (since a few years) 😎🤟

I have tried, well.... Dozens and dozens of different tips. 10 years of testing. 😱😭🥵

When it's working, I think this is the absolute weapon.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #72,660 of 88,343
It seems like the Raven has toned down bass in the production version vs the prototype. For me, it makes it redundant vs Odyssey, but that was a limited production run.
But IIRC I read that the Raven revised version has enhanced bass vs the hand grenade version Raven. So maybe they're back on the proto tuning then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back