The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 9, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #55,351 of 87,749
he cant provide anything and said that he prefers local pickup

That is sketchy AF. "Bring cash and meet me in the alley." lmao

Apr 9, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #55,352 of 87,749
Can anyone help me check on this guy ? ( @NiceCans ), this man message me since I'm looking for a pair of um RED Holo, but i cant see his profile and the classified feedback is like years ago back in 2017 or 16, I don know if anyone here knew this guy, its just too much scam here in headfier recently and i am really afraid this is another...
Be careful.....older profiles which were dormant are the one used by scammers
Stay away.

Apr 9, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #55,353 of 87,749
That is sketchy AF. "Bring cash and meet me in the alley." lmao
yeah, its not even safe doing that tbh, especially i don't even know this guy at all.
1681078702862.png

Apr 9, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #55,354 of 87,749
yeah, its not even safe doing that tbh, especially i don't even know this guy at all. 1681078702862.png
I have virtually no feedback on head-fi. I've sold stuff...4, maybe 5 times here total? Only one person left me feedback. I usually just direct people to my ebay profile instead. I have 100% feedback there going back years, even if I've lost money on virtually every sale there.

Paypal is usually fairly solid about getting money back if you paid goods and services (ebay even better as they almost always side with the buyer). I usually request that people pay g and s for their own peace of mind (I'm not hiding anything) even if I lose some in fees (taxes are less of an issue because, again, I'm pretty much always taking a loss). That said--I have a story dating back years to about $3000 worth of Power Rangers helmet casts that both the caster and painter (located in Taiwan and the UK, respectively) screwed me out of. That was entirely goods and services, and I have no helmets to show for it, so, yeah, trust your gut here. If it seems sketchy, it usually is.

Apr 9, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #55,355 of 87,749
Reminder: If you haven't submitted your vote for "3 IEMs that own your heart and mind right now" please do so :). We've had great buy in so far but the more the merrier :)

Apr 9, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #55,356 of 87,749
Reminder: If you haven't submitted your vote for "3 IEMs that own your heart and mind right now" please do so :). We've had great buy in so far but the more the merrier :)

I'll add to the fray;

1. Legend X

Working on hearing more soon. Definitely thought the Legend X was cool though.

Apr 9, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #55,357 of 87,749
I think a lot of this comes down to that age-old "objective/subjective" debate. This thread, not exclusively but on the whole, tends to be more on the subjective leaning side of the fence. Personally I think, beyond a point, the notion of "objectively good" is a misnomer, if not an outright myth. There are simply too many variables in terms of people's preferences, sensitivites, music libraries, priorities etc. There is also what I refer to as "oatmeal syndrome"-- the more universally appealing something is the less personality it tends to have. Personally when it comes to formal reviewers I tend to place them in one of 3 categories. A "bad" reviewer will help you find what his/her sponsors want you to like, a mediocre reviewer will help you find what he/she likes and a great reviewer will help you find what it is that you will like. The problem is that too many reviewers out there can't see beyond the horizon of their own target curves, preferences and biases. One reviewer I used to really enjoy in this regard was Resolve. He had a review once of the Campfire Atlas where he memorably referred to it as having "get off the bus and sh1t yourself bass". The IEM was clearly not within the realm of his preferences but the review nonetheless made it appealing for those (like myself) who would enjoy it. I've always held this sort of approach up as being the ideal. Another issue is that a imho some IEMs like Trifecta should not be summarily dismissed based on a show or shop demo. This is not to say there won't be people who hate it no matter what but imho it falls squarely in the same category as something like the Fir Xe6, which is known for being incredibly off putting to many at first who after time and brain burn in come to enjoy it. Timmy was amazed that Trifecta sold out. There are also people who are amazed at how popular Xe6 is. There are some IEMs whose popularitity amazes me given my inability to get on with them. The conclusion I am drawn to is simply that there is more than one way to skin a cat and not all great things will be loved by all people.
Nicely said.

There are several IEMs on listening to them, aware of the great love, that I thought something was wrong with me, since they did not resonate with me. Those I can explain, just as differing preferences, that is at the root of why I did not enjoy them, though I could still understand others appreciation, and I could hear the strengths.

Recently for the first time there is an IEM I heard for 4 straight hours, on my own, with a good source, as really not even mediocre, just out right bad, my dislike way beyond anything I think I can explain by preferences. I remain unable to understand why so many people love that set.

Leaves me in this awkward position of not having anything nice to say, and not being able to understand why anyone would actually like listening to that set. I could just repeat what someone else says is the sets strengths but alas that would be dishonest as I find zero strengths.

Maybe this is how others feel about their time with Trifecta or XE6 although these sets have more different than in common, and I have enjoyed both. For me they are both really fun to listen with, at the same time I can understand why some people would not like them.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #55,358 of 87,749
Nicely said.

There are several IEMs on listening to them, aware of the great love, that I thought something was wrong with me, since they did not resonate with me. Those I can explain, just as differing preferences, that is at the root of why I did not enjoy them, though I could still understand others appreciation, and I could hear the strengths.

Recently for the first time there is an IEM I heard for 4 straight hours, on my own, with a good source, as really not even mediocre, just out right bad, my dislike way beyond anything I think I can explain by preferences.
I remain unable to understand why so many people love that set.

Leaves me in this awkward position of not having anything nice to say, and not being able to understand why anyone would actually like listening to that set. I could just repeat what someone else says is the sets strengths but alas that would be dishonest as I find zero strengths.

Maybe this is how others feel about their time with Trifecta or XE6 although these sets have more different than in common, and I have enjoyed both. For me they are both really fun to listen with, at the same time I can understand why some people would not like them.

This is spot on and something I wonder about for reviewers. Do they review things they may just despise and crap all over something 99% of other people will love? Or do they just avoid the review all together to save face and the manufacturer some hardships? Tough position in such a fickle subject.

Apr 9, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #55,359 of 87,749
1. Qdc V14
2. IMR BC 2023
3. Campfire Audio Supermoon

Apr 9, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #55,360 of 87,749
Nicely said.

Recently for the first time there is an IEM I heard for 4 straight hours, on my own, with a good source, as really not even mediocre, just out right bad, my dislike way beyond anything I think I can explain by preferences. I remain unable to understand why so many people love that set.

I’m v curious which IEM you’re referring to, may I PM you to find out? ☺️

Apr 9, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #55,361 of 87,749
I have not understood your message (English is not my main language and it is possible that I miss any sense in translation).

With my message I just wanted to notice that some of us continue having a lot of interest in the 64Audio models.
Yes, I understood and completely agree.

I was just pointing out that almost out of nowhere, Aur has several sets on this list.

Apr 9, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #55,362 of 87,749
I’m v curious which IEM you’re referring to, may I PM you to find out? ☺️
Include me! I am curious too lol. I'm like $15k deep in audio gear already and I don't any IEM's yet 😅

Apr 9, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #55,364 of 87,749
Apr 9, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #55,365 of 87,749
Anyone else curious about the AK Zero2? Price is $1100 - https://www.astellnkern.com/product/product_detail.jsp?productNo=144
20230328165206_3ba02444-7879-476d-9211-fcbdef988bf3.jpg

Advanced Quad-brid Design​

Special Micro Rectangular Planar Dynamic Driver

Special Micro Rectangular Planar Dynamic Driver- [High] Crisp and Dynamic Treble Sound
The Micro Rectangular Planar Dynamic Driver is a driver specifically developed to deliver high frequencies, featuring advanced technology that allows a planar driver to be used in IEMs, despite the extreme difficulty in making it small enough to fit in such a small cavity.
We selected a light yet sturdy planar membrane to minimize frequency loss and applied a trembler with a thin metal membrane and polymer film to create lifelike vivid high frequencies. This provides a clear and dynamic high frequency response.
Dual Custom Balanced Armature Drivers

Dual Custom Balanced Armature Drivers- [Mid-Low] Transparent Vocal sound
- [Full Range] Perfectly Balanced and Rich Sound
The Coil Parameter Dual Custom BA Driver is a custom-made driver designed to reproduce both full-range and mid- to low-range frequencies.
It comes with a total of four drivers: two BA drivers that offer ultra-low distortion to create clear low- to mid-ranged vocal sounds and two BA drivers that offer perfectly balanced rich sounds, uniquely tuned to harmonize each frequency range, playing perfect sounds.
Single 10-mm Dynamic Driver with Piezoelectric Transducer

Single 10-mm Dynamic Driver with Piezoelectric Transducer- [Low & Super High] The Deepest Bass and Clear Treble Sound
Various types of carefully designed drivers create rich, Hi-Fi sounds. The 10-mm dynamic driver used in the AK ZERO2 is meticulously manufactured using a fully automated process. This allows the driver to recreate rich and deep low frequencies.
An additional piezoelectric transducer works in tandem with the dynamic driver, serving as a super tweeter that asserts its presence in the super-high frequency range that many IEMs struggle to recreate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back