The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Feb 20, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #49,431 of 87,844
Xe6 x10
Mentor x8
Traillii x8

IER Z1R x6
Supermoon x6
Annihilator x5
Jewel x5
Trifecta x5
u/a12t x 5
Indigo x4
Maestro SE x4
Ragnar x4

Diva x3
Kublai Khan x3
Blanc x3
Phonix x3
Odyssey x3

Dorado 2020 x2
Elysium x2
EXT x2
Fibae 5 x2
Kr5 x2
Mason FS x2
Ne4 x2
Red Halo x2
Serratus x2
Storm x2
Turii Ti x2
X x2
Zen Pro x2

Impac
Triot
IE900
LOAK-TC
Fourte
Legend X
WF1000XM4
Isabellae
Thummim
Evo
Sultan
Phonix LE
Szalayi
Rai Penta
Tri Starlight
Ripples
Alpha
Tantalus
Allegro

Feb 20, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #49,432 of 87,844
anyone have a regular non shielded first times cable for sale?

Feb 20, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #49,433 of 87,844
Wondering how canjam is with disabled accessibility. Not even sure I'll be able to go. Managed to tear my calf badly on Friday. Trying to get a surgical consult this week but I'm barely managing on a cane. If im able to go at all itll most definitely be in a wheelchair.
Yeah, this sucks...
Wishing you a speedy recovery free of complications!

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #49,434 of 87,844
Blacker background and as a result more resolution due to lower noise floor. EMI/RF is a real problem and it gets into everything, Trying to keep it out of your setup is important. I currently run my digital-in DAC cable into a faraday bag that blocks it all and my analog IEM cable is also shielded. Running portable devices gives you cleaner power than plugging, one of the unique benefits of a portable setup is that good stuff often punches above because it doesn't have any dirty power issues but it can have EMI/RF so keep your phone away from it. My DAC will pickup tons of EMI/RF from my phone if I don't. Another thing is a wireless server like the Pi2AES can avoid a lot of this interference, interfacing it with your DAC via optical-have yet to do it but have heard a lot of testimonials that the jump in quality is significant. Laptop ports are notoriously dirty.
Thank you very much for your interesting answer 👍

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #49,435 of 87,844
Xe6 x10
Mentor x8
Traillii x8

IER Z1R x6
Supermoon x6
Annihilator x5
Jewel x5
Trifecta x5
u/a12t x 5
Indigo x4
Maestro SE x4
Ragnar x4

Diva x3
Kublai Khan x3
Blanc x3
Phonix x3
Odyssey x3

Dorado 2020 x2
Elysium x2
EXT x2
Fibae 5 x2
Kr5 x2
Mason FS x2
Ne4 x2
Red Halo x2
Serratus x2
Storm x2
Turii Ti x2
X x2
Zen Pro x2

Impac
Triot
IE900
LOAK-TC
Fourte
Legend X
WF1000XM4
Isabellae
Thummim
Evo
Sultan
Phonix LE
Szalayi
Rai Penta
Tri Starlight
Ripples
Alpha
Tantalus
Allegro
Can I vote mentor? 😂

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #49,436 of 87,844
Does anyone here own the Hiby RS6 and the Sony NW-WM1 M2? If so, is one better than the other? I understand the RS6 may be faster UI/UX wise and have more power. I'm considering a new DAP and both seem interesting to me.

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #49,437 of 87,844
It's good to have a reference now when I look at his ratings.
I think reviews and to a lesser degree also ratings become much more meaningful the more familiar you are with some of the IEMs the reviewer has heard. Not so much as for what will definitely work for you, but much more for what most likely won't. And it helps enormously if you have the same sonical preferences, goals, and library.

So yeah, half full again, I admit it, but it works for me.

drftr

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #49,438 of 87,844
Does anyone here own the Hiby RS6 and the Sony NW-WM1 M2? If so, is one better than the other? I understand the RS6 may be faster UI/UX wise and have more power. I'm considering a new DAP and both seem interesting to me.
Same boat here and I hope I can answer the question for both if us in about a week from now. I have heard both but with different IEMs and on different occasions, but reading reviews seems to confirm that WM1AM2 sounds a bit more laid back all over the FR and that RS6 has a more bodied but less tight sub bass and more forward upper mids. With my IEMs the Sony seems to be a better match, but I would hate to miss out on the natural and very engaging mids of the Hiby. Can't have it all at that price though. And probably not at any.

The Sony is a bit lighter. The Hiby has its outputs on the bottom. Hiby also has a rather high output impedance or so I have read which could influence the FR if you have an IEM that also has a very high impedance. If that is the case for you then you may want to demo or double-double-check with others who have the same setup.

drftr

Feb 20, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #49,440 of 87,844
It’s pretty remarkable that 3 years out and Trailii is still heavily mentioned here. That’s some staying power.
A few days ago Todd wrote that he doesn't have to put Traillii in his ears to hear it. I think it's true. It will go into the books like some of the classic cars did. A museum piece that will have its own signature sound and value whenever you listen to it; be it now or in 3 decades.

drftr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back