The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 5, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #31,291 of 89,365
Aug 5, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #31,292 of 89,365
It doesn't pull on your ears? I assume not or you'd have changed it.
I found it uncomfortable due to the weight of the y-splitter and the way PW does their ear hooks. Indentations and pain after 40 mins or so. Cable sounded good though.
No, I don't have problems with them. My biggest problem are with cables that are stiff or don't feel nice to the touch like the PWA Genesis cable.

Aug 5, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #31,295 of 89,365
Technically i guess, but coming from car audio, when i think of subwoofer I think something that rattles your skull like legend x or tape modded ex800st.
It’s true lol

I came from the speaker scene and yah, I get what you mean 😂

That was my first IEM. It was an eye opener to me that an earphone could sound so good.
It wasn’t really my first IEM, but it was my first fully BA IEM. Before it I had the SE215 which was a single DD, then jumped to the XBA-H3, and finally the SE846. It made me believe that great bass can come from a BA too.

Aug 5, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #31,296 of 89,365
I’ve tried asking ECT, they said they only ship to HK and Macau 😞
Try with Super King..
www.sk-hk.com

Looks made for Jewel how it looks 😱

1F99178E-6AF4-45BA-8553-15CCDEA51209.jpeg

Eletech Victoria HKD $4,980
Theater D03 Wamon synchronized retail sale!

Hong Kong agent collaborated with Hong Kong agents after Liu Tyrian to launch limited edition steel Victoria.
Utilizing the debut rose gold induction needle, more in line with the brand's long-term research results, the neat noise of the steel material is added to a bright, shiny noise gloss.

The 9x9 geometric configuration of the castor, plus texture, greatly enhances the high-end fine-tuning ability and provides a background for the sharp sound. Tik Tok has excellent Headroom, which is easier to go with different output players and headphones, especially the central tones with high resolution, and the unique design of the brand.

7E2A0F9B-78D5-4D08-A335-8CCC0C6F423F.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #31,297 of 89,365
【#7thAnniversaryConceptVersion 【FAudio Mezzo

It's been more than a year since the last time I saw you all. 2022 is likely to fly too fast, but the global supply is still heavily delayed, under the influence of some uncontrollable factors, directly leading to more than five months of delay in new luxury listings. Thank you for your patience, I am currently offering a limited edition 7th anniversary giveaway at the end of the year - Mezzo

As early as 2019, I had completed the basic design of Mezzo, and the first version of the engineering pliers will be exhibited at the fall earphone exhibition in Japan. Over the past three years, my Mezzo has made a series of changes, including adding a new dimensional design, adding individual autonomous tuning functions, and more. After completing all the adjustments, I hope to see everyone in the strongest and most perfect posture.

Here I would like to share some design ideas for the Mezzo. Seven times I have achieved a sense of sensitivity on the instrument, and especially its design foundation, into the luxury composition of my piano, because in the songs of ancient and ancient times, the instrument gradually promotes the sound, the role of the penetrating rhythm of the drum, and an important element of a song. And the next Mezzo circuit tuning design, exactly what is more sensitive than the other design!

Allow me to introduce you to the greatest in the world of electric guitar, the Stratocaster! Immortal masterpieces first seen in 1954 by Leo Fender, Bill Carson, George Fullerton and Freddie Tavares. The endlessly great music family played and created music works that influenced many later generations, and I personally acknowledge probably one of the greatest innovations in the history of human music!

The Stratocaster is one of the few guitars in the world that can withstand the hands of various wind gusts, and it is the most expensive guitar that is used on different soundboards. No matter what type of chorus it is, you can definitely find the ultra noise makers using it. A type of guitar that resembles a piano, a synonym, a history of pop music, and even a whole guitar design produces a highly influential guitar. It is the most striking, influential, and even the greatest existence in the world. It is worth my time to learn about it! He still has a private part of my heart. Over the past twenty years, I have also been obsessively obsessed with his collection of 當 sea of poisons. I am even more delighted to study all of his beautiful creations! Haha!

The design of the Single Coil speakers used in Stratocaster, which can filter circuit switches, or search switch (aka Switch) 調 achieves a clear and clear sound effect, especially the hand-powered play style and fine-tuning the suitable sound: The coil is the sensitive source of Mezzo's personal autonomous tuning function. At the same time, I can very responsibly announce to you, Mezzo's tuning effect, is one of the most expensive luxury of any similar design on the market, with tone dilution and suitable surface, it is not limited by a certain type of sound, while maintaining extreme balance!

In Mezzo's analysing circuit, the tone-tuning time was the longest and most expensive of all the filtered delicacies I have passed through to the age of eight. Despite the maximum sound difference with low-intelligence and carbonization used in the seven-person metric precision analysis circuits, I used the PCB circuit board for the first time as the core of the individual autonomous tuning function. I tested the capacities and voltage of many different brands, so that under each autonomous tuning mode, Mezzo can produce the most suitable and attractive noise of all types of soundboards. 我Me 說Detailed address to everyone about the features of each autonomous tuning mode and various types of applications!

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
元Introducing quite well -

Every time I grind a new pair of headphones, I wish that the jewelry has a steel structure that opens up stories and presents some of the original types that are not completely destroyed or widely used on the market. Therefore, I am addicted to hollow tattoo's electrocution and he is addicted to sensitive ideas, using a sensory-style piezo, mimicking the effect of the so-called resonance of the hollow tattoo's resonance, and enhancing the neatness of the earphones in various tones.

Mezzo consists of one-wheel medium-high drive shafts, one-wheel all-wheel drive shafts and one-wheel 10mm drive shafts (Major Driver). The main composition of the Mezzo core is to be exported, and the one-wheel sensation type Piezo core supports all stages and sound enhancement. In addition to the noise coherence as we know in the past, the Piezo amplifier also strengthens the composition of the entire sound field, and it also provides a richer sense of sensitivity.

In addition, at the same time, I also transplanted the anterial elements used by Major to Mezzo, filtering more precise physical adjustment of the anterial placement of the anteric emulsion, especially responsible for the most important low carbon quality collagen; due to the method of use, only one stage is responsible for the subsequent use, and also newly released another mask of the anteral elements, its bass drop and the postural texture are very outstanding and rich in features.

Self winning technique -

MEZZO 導 ME 技: True Crossover Technology (T.C.T) and Triple Built-in Acoustic Chamber (T.B.A.C), T 青 technology does not have the potential to improve the performance, but rather to bring out the real charm of the earphone, and the whole body removes the storage

True Crossover Technology (T.C.T) is an advanced and unique analytical technology, which penetrates the transitions of the full-vibrations of the atomic stage of the inaccuracy, and creates the transcendence of three-cylinder transitions. The 性 technology can completely fusion the noise of the underground core, expressing good noise coherence; also keeping the 這 in ideal working condition, allowing the final catch to achieve higher precision

T.B.A.C. is a specialized vibrational power station designed by Mie Royal Chamber, eliminates the non-mortal sonic volatility stability and healthily excessive currents, and further enhances the efficiency of the dynamic reverse energy. Major's arterial elements have been applied by the foam one time, the lower arterial elements are quite strengthened, so I have built a new set of T.B.A.C arterial systems to fit into the entire space in a better way, the arterial elements under high intensity operations, still maintain a transparent stream supply

Tired 1.
The Yuan provides an impermanent vacuum source, enhances the efficiency of the medium-high-pitched sound, while more defined the coarse expression of the Yuan.

The Buddha 2.
The goldfish significantly strengthened the elasticity of the neatness of the core, the excessive movement of the core, and the post-filter adjustment, the effect of the tuning of the core strength

Buddha 3.
設Specially designed for 10mm arteries. Manufactured with high-precision 3D printing technology and gold filling. The front arteries effectively discharge excessive emptiness, and multiple holes in the lower parts. The arterial arteries provide the maximum level of drilling conduction caused by low arterial waves, greatly increases the comfort of long-term drilling.

the setting of personal autonetune -

Compared to other luxury goods, Mezzo's autonomous tuning design certainly compares to comparison. 品 這 設 ideas started, and I have set up multiple goals, one of them is to hope that Kuchi electrify the design of his Stratocaster's multi-stage speaker switch to the next luxury, so that the user can simulate the most transparent and transparent tuning style!

In addition, after further research and research the possibilities of various tuning and design, the current tuning circuit mechanism, the organic impact of the final noisical phase and the resonance of the harmonious tune, therefore, we proceeded to consult long-term test and tuning adjustments, and tested a variety of programs 多tested its resonance feedback, and the final root international sensitivity expressed a more negative tuning effect. Grapefruit is also where I spend the most time in the grinding process.

Also because the magnetic analysis circuit is more expensive than any other earphone, the filtering works in collaboration with the sharp T.C.T and T.B.A.C type sharp sharp sharp technology technology, with different adjustment modes, to produce a specific stage of the full-vulsion core, maintaining the fluidity of the triple-volume axis three times the fluency of the harmonious chordic cohesion, making different research unions, all can express good cohesion and cohesion.

The Mezzo offers three stages of echo chamber:

Tuning 1 - Low Boost
Tuning 2 - Mid Boost
Tuning System 3 - Ultra Boost ( High Boost )

The following is provided by me on the expansion of each tuning model:

Tuning System Full Range - Natural HiFi ( Vocal ,Soft Pop )
調音制全開 - High Gain ( Rock, Metal, Animation)
1+2 模式 ( Dance , Hiphop , EDM )
2+3 模式 ( Pop, R&B , Soft Rock )
1+3 模式 ( Classical, Gaming , Movie, Live )

Exterior material and outer layer -

Even before the Japan exhibition debut, Mezzo's colorful exterior has already attracted attention. The outer surface is made up of fluorescent grey and black crosses, and its sensitivity is from a certain symmetrical gray combination, and it also represents the hard-earned effort of my day and night at the Mezzo time;

從Limited Edition Japanese standing Chinese characters engraved on the bottom of the machine, the machine is Mezzo's new personal tuning system. After filtering my lips completely hand-polished, the silhouette has a smooth and awake exterior. It is also the embodiment of my pursuit of high-level fine texture. Therefore, in the field design, I will work on some more blind and more industrial-level exterior design. It emphasizes the sensibility and creativity represented behind Mezzo earbuds. The same time, the Mezzo headphones cannot rely on the assistance of any equipment, but can only be made by all hands, so the production time for the production of the second factory is far beyond what you can imagine!

體I 亦與A look at other shapes, I really pay attention to the weariness of luxury, so after the feedback of modifying the appearance, it has successfully achieved a good balance in the weight analysis of the heavy weight, its thick design follows the cactus factory, and it still supports comfortable shoes under the long time you wear it. 式 效 同 also represents the feeling of Piezo 單 for better results

Introduction of ceramic materials -

Mezzo features a brand new Tone Master Shield earphone upgrade. Tone Master Shield's premium ratio is quite considerable. It is made up of a variety of hardness Japanese UPOCC steel, which is aimed at the outer layer configuration of each layer, enhancing the resistance to EMI. Plus flexible plastic treatment fiber PVC outer layer, Tone Master Shield is more thin, large and low-fat material purification machine

嚴謹Quality assurance, every Tone Master Shield earphone case 保is filtered by agricultural engineers, to weld and ensure the sound quality meets the requirements of our products. In addition, Mezzo's welding rod is also filtered and strengthened, welded with the same,
Sequential Tone Master Shield standard configuration 五 4.4mm average output edge, the combination screen reaches a real five dimension, convenient currently for users of 4.4mm portable radio players. The new design of the CNC gold plated fittings for a more consistent sense of fine texture

Steel Technique Standards :

23 AWG G
國純銀 Material, 材 Design
UPOCC Festival in Japan
Medical fiber PVC outer layer
發燒級焊錫
4.4mm five holes out
CNC Processing Parts

Organizer: Sensational and Consciousness:

Mezzo's collagen ability is detailed and concentrated, for example, a wooden nugget, which is applied to the riveting mix that is formed by multiple reflections of the sound in the wood grain, which you can see on the earphones. It is also my initial idea when designing Mezzo: an earphone that serves to fine detail. With the help of the thin-sensored piezo-yuan, you can see a deeper noise melting, as if the Collagen Pioneer's uneven outer earphone is smooth, allowing you to clearly see the texture and texture of the hidden transparent under the ear. Umbrella is usually a detail you neglect, and Mezzo just forgives you after cleaning it up.

Major arteries' so-called bass is deep, deep, alarming, rich in expression and elucidation. Under high intensity drumming, the bass remains flexible, smooth, subdued, and the vibration and ripples of the trace delayed skin are more texture; at the same time, it can maintain a good sense of wakefulness in the full Swiss drum, and the base of the bass is stable and clear, and the sense of diffusion is also more excellent. Is a very dynamic dense bass expression

Mezzo's central maintains a good analysis power, high density, and it can also produce the texture of the singer and the instrument under the low volume, and there is a gap space between each noise, the main split noise barrier, making the depth of the sound field clearer, expressing the wrapping effect of the sound, and more upright sensitivity. 原When you listen to any type of piano song, you will be surprised by the effect of Mezzo-like real drum-like vibration, which combines the sound echoes of piezo's so-called outer space, enhancing the elements that drive the sound. Medium-high tone supports one of the features of my luxury brand, magnetic and natural sensitivity, hypertension, possessive, harmonious reduction, and roughness, avoiding too strong sensitivity, smooth brightness expression also avoids the noise rush of excessive expression at a certain stage

Neatly speaking, Mezzo's sound quality advances towards the edge, assisting with the thinner-sensored piezo, making it the purest expression in quality of the FAudio delights. However, after the hypo-appropriation examination, my sensitivity improved to a more tolerant level, and the expression of the extra-tension of the seven-sided details can be absorbed in the finer sound elements, such as clearer acrobatics, or the singer's singing skills, to create a rich subtle sensitivity. With a comprehensive noise base coupled with tunable design, Mezzo can be used in a variety of different accents and curves to express its unique, magnetic noise sensitivity makes a multi-purpose earphone suitable for all types of sound types and environments!

FAudio Middle
HKD $13,888

B89A16B8-AB75-46DD-85C9-5F3672C7E469.jpeg
57680144-6669-4906-BCBB-EDE948C1D5CC.jpeg
982BC534-C1A5-4801-80F6-D893AF9501BC.jpeg

Aug 5, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #31,298 of 89,365
Enjoying Solaris 2020 with N3Pro warm tube goodness this afternoon under ultra linear mode and everything has this grand and spacious, airy sound. So good for the price but a little peeved that Bluetooth is pretty much useless since it cuts out so often.
20220805_182049.jpg

Aug 5, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #31,299 of 89,365
Last edited:
Aug 5, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #31,300 of 89,365
@Scuba Devils this one looks perfect for your Jewel and cost less than 800$😏
95EDC124-0213-461F-8DC3-6769B08DF11C.jpeg

Aug 5, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #31,301 of 89,365
@efftee has listened to them and he is waiting for his custom pair 😉
Good point. I forgot about @efftee.
I’ve heard the final pre-production unit, the exact same pair at London Canjam, had a few dirty weekends with it even 😆, on the 4-wire Mira, stock is 2-wire. IMO, Storm is all about accuracy (albeit with a tiny cuddle of warmth), resolution (details for good or bad, separation/layering) and crossover (you'd never notice if you don’t listen out for how it traverse the dynamic range, seamless and lifelike). For me, since I frequently use an external amp even for powerful DAPS like the 6Ti and 7AE, the Storm scales as well as anything I’ve ever heard. Good to note, the zero impedance characteristics of Storm should make it good for all DAPS as long as the power is there.

It doesn't have the best bass (though for BA, it’s very impressive indeed!), mids or trebles, but to my ears, it is one of the most balanced IEM I’ve heard. If you’re looking for something very specific, for a particular genre or preference that calls for bass boost (EDM) or lush mids (vocals, ballads) or blow-me-away highs (choral music, soprano), I don't think Storm is for you. If you like something that’s highly technical and reference-like, Storm is probably the best IEM I’ve used for critical listening. If I had to pick at it, I’d wish it had a bit bigger staging (i know this was a tuning choice to retain that studio monitor experience), and of course, the price. Yes, the Subtonic boys have really chosen the best parts/components that money can buy to make Storm, and whilst it does make a difference to the sound quality, someone who does not need the extras, eg chromium-plated titanium shells and gold-plated faceplates, super luxe case, might wish they could trade the somewhat superfluous things for a few bucks off.

In the end, Storm wouldn’t be an IEM that I would even suggest anyone blind buy. At its price point and USPs that are definitely not everyone’s cuppa tea, do try to have a demo and hear for yourself. I think there would be a headfi tour; if you’re keen, do shoot Ken a email and get more info on the how-to.

Aug 5, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #31,302 of 89,365
I’ve heard the final pre-production unit, the exact same pair at London Canjam, had a few dirty weekends with it even 😆, on the 4-wire Mira, stock is 2-wire. IMO, Storm is all about accuracy (albeit with a tiny cuddle of warmth), resolution (details for good or bad, separation/layering) and crossover (you'd never notice if you don’t listen out for how it traverse the dynamic range, seamless and lifelike). For me, since I frequently use an external amp even for powerful DAPS like the 6Ti and 7AE, the Storm scales as well as anything I’ve ever heard. Good to note, the zero impedance characteristics of Storm should make it good for all DAPS as long as the power is there.

It doesn't have the best bass (though for BA, it’s very impressive indeed!), mids or trebles, but to my ears, it is one of the most balanced IEM I’ve heard. If you’re looking for something very specific, for a particular genre or preference that calls for bass boost (EDM) or lush mids (vocals, ballads) or blow-me-away highs (choral music, soprano), I don't think Storm is for you. If you like something that’s highly technical and reference-like, Storm is probably the best IEM I’ve used for critical listening. If I had to pick at it, I’d wish it had a bit bigger staging (i know this was a tuning choice to retain that studio monitor experience), and of course, the price. Yes, the Subtonic boys have really chosen the best parts/components that money can buy to make Storm, and whilst it does make a difference to the sound quality, someone who does not need the extras, eg chromium-plated titanium shells and gold-plated faceplates, super luxe case, might wish they could trade the somewhat superfluous things for a few bucks off.

In the end, Storm wouldn’t be an IEM that I would even suggest anyone blind buy. At its price point and USPs that are definitely not everyone’s cuppa tea, do try to have a demo and hear for yourself. I think there would be a headfi tour; if you’re keen, do shoot Ken a email and get more info on the how-to.
Thanks. I am just looking for something that blows me away in any dimension. My library is very ecclectic so there is room for a lot of sound signatures and technical capabilities. It's just that my collection is so robust, it's hard to impress me anymore. How does it compare to Jewel? That is my reference monitor.

Aug 5, 2022 at 10:47 PM Post #31,303 of 89,365
I will maintain a list of Watercooler attendees. I will try to see if I can get some 3d printed name tags so we can find each other.

Who from the Watercooler are planning to attend CanJam Socal? We need to have a drink somewhere.

@HiFiHawaii808
@discord
@Rockwell75
@Natesdailies
@wolfstar76
@stacey
@morserotonin
@Skyediver

@monduvo (please confirm)

Anyone else?

Given the line up of vendors and the hints of announcements so far, this show should be epic.
I’ll be there too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back