The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 22, 2024 at 6:08 AM Post #89,746 of 91,339
I wonder if this is what we look like to our non-audiophile friends? :smile:

May 22, 2024 at 6:17 AM Post #89,748 of 91,339
May 22, 2024 at 6:40 AM Post #89,750 of 91,339
I don't understand why Canpur started responding and asking me for STL files just to disappear shortly after :k701smile:
But yes, worst case scenario I'll email Andrew.

I had a call earlier today from Hans, the founder of Canpur, who wanted to apologies for the delay, the team was travelling butnow my order will be taken care of :relaxed:
It was really nice from Hans to call and to have a chat with him! :thumbsup:

May 22, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #89,752 of 91,339
Yeah Resolute is pretty great as well, had it for a week to play with it.

Was not silent enough for my liking, but with headphones its amazing.

And if you dont need full black background, it ads such amazing low ends 😍

I think this amp just runs 100%, so then indeed the volume can be controlled by the source
Yes sounds amazing with headphones like the MDR-Z1R.

So you find the unit isn't quiet enough!? As for me the unit's has a very black background as I was using one of my test track - Mining for gold by Cowboy Junkies from the album The Trinity Session - to see if Resolute measures up. FYI, the whole album recording was done inside the Holy Trinity church in Toronto, using one mic in one day! If one's gear is good enough including a silent/black enough background, one should be able to clearly hear wind blowing in the background picked up by the mic!

FYI I use the SIN cable that Stefan suggests and the cable does make a diff in reducing attendant interferences ..

May 22, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #89,754 of 91,339
Yes sounds amazing with headphones like the MDR-Z1R.

So you find the unit isn't quiet enough!? As for me the unit's has a very black background as I was using one of my test track - Mining for gold by Cowboy Junkies from the album The Trinity Session - to see if Resolute measures up. FYI, the whole album recording was done inside the Holy Trinity church in Toronto, using one mic in one day! If one's gear is good enough including a silent/black enough background, one should be able to clearly hear wind blowing in the background picked up by the mic!

FYI I use the SIN cable that Stefan suggests and the cable does make a diff in reducing attendant interferences ..
So I was listening through IEM’s, and yes with the sin cables.

It had odd behaviors, when volume was set to 0. My iems made strange noises. Or that sin cable would pick up electrical signals from what was on my desk. With IEM’s can hear it really clearly. With headphones, no issues.

May 22, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #89,756 of 91,339
IMG_1443 2.JPG

Enjoying my time with two Eletech "Romeo" prototypes and the Penon Voltage. Early days so far but the Romeo V1 is easily winning my heart here-- I love it just as much as I did at NYC. Soulful well balanced tuning across the spectrum-- rich full bass and forward (but not too forward) clear mids...does everything right for me. Think Elysian with just a touch of Campfire...a great combo for me (YMMV). The V2 is a more generic mid forward-bass light tuning that hasn't really grabbed me yet. More to come.

May 22, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #89,757 of 91,339
IMG_1443 2.JPG

Enjoying my time with two Eletech "Romeo" prototypes and the Penon Voltage. Early days so far but the Romeo V1 is easily winning my heart here-- I love it just as much as I did at NYC. Soulful well balanced tuning across the spectrum-- rich full bass and forward (but not too forward) clear mids...does everything right for me. Think Elysian with just a touch of Campfire...a great combo for me (YMMV). The V2 is a more generic mid forward-bass light tuning that hasn't really grabbed me yet. More to come.
Are these for review? Tour units? Just because someone loves you? I thought you were pairing down to just the Trifecta.

May 22, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #89,758 of 91,339
Early days so far but the Romeo V1 is easily winning my heart here-- I love it just as much as I did at NYC. Soulful well balanced tuning across the spectrum-- rich full bass and forward (but not too forward) clear mids...does everything right for me. Think Elysian with just a touch of Campfire...a great combo for me (YMMV).

I totally get you there! 🥰

12320892.png

When we auditioned Romeo V1 (OG) together at NYC, I think we both felt the same way. In fact, I seem to remember both of us telling them to not change a thing! :smile:

May 22, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #89,759 of 91,339
I totally get you there! 🥰

12320892.png

When we auditioned Romeo V1 (OG) together at NYC, I think we both felt the same way. In fact, I seem to remember both of us telling them to not change a thing! :smile:

I hope they don’t change anything. Often a manufacturer will have something amazing in proto form then change it in such a way where much of the magic is lost. The VE pink prototype is another case. I’m still haunted by that IEM.

May 22, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #89,760 of 91,339
I hope they don’t change anything. Often a manufacturer will have something amazing in proto form then change it in such a way where much of the magic is lost.

Like concept cars... 36 years later and I still want a Pontiac Banshee. :heart_eyes:

1988-pontiac-banshee-IV.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back