The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 27, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #8,536 of 87,956
In the dying days of 2021 what's in your cart? Up until this morning all I had was a second set of Sednafit Crystals in mine...but I took the plunge so my cart is empty. It may wind up being the final purchase of the year for me. The fact that I'm not confident enough to say anything stronger than "may" at this late December date is kind of hilarious...but it is what it is.
I just bought a Hiby RS6 from Musicteck.

I also have a Quedelix 5k in my Amazon cart. I want to try its parametric EQ.

I enjoyed the Timeless for the time I had it. But, I am going to send it back and wait for a higher end product.

Dec 27, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #8,537 of 87,956
In the dying days of 2021 what's in your cart? Up until this morning all I had was a second set of Sednafit Crystals in mine...but I took the plunge so my cart is empty. It may wind up being the final purchase of the year for me. The fact that I'm not confident enough to say anything stronger than "may" at this late December date is kind of hilarious...but it is what it is.
I have a Pangea power cord for my topping A90 and a pw audio no 10 4wire mmcx for my timeless :)

Dec 27, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #8,538 of 87,956
I have to keep reminding myself I'm waiting on a custom Jolene...

Dec 27, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #8,539 of 87,956

Bought Indigo and Phonix, done for the year. Next year I'll get a DAP and that's it.

Dec 27, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #8,540 of 87,956
Dec 27, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #8,542 of 87,956
Oh yeah, I forgot to add "for a brief moment in time" as well.
Haha. Can't wait to hear your impressions and comparisons.

Dec 27, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #8,543 of 87,956
The Zen Pro may be the first DD IEM I've heard that isn't at its best to my ears through the M8. Synergy with the SR25ii is out of this world good. On the M8 it's a touch energetic in the upper mids at times...not fatiguing or anything but I'm aware of an excess of vibrance here and there. Through the SR25ii it's silky smooth, super resolving and I find myself consistently swept into an audio reverie that's hard to come down from. So glad AK got their act together and started putting 4.4 on their devices.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #8,544 of 87,956
Got shipping notification from Andrew. M9 Should be here Wednesday.

Dec 27, 2021 at 11:56 PM Post #8,545 of 87,956
Got shipping notification from Andrew. M9 Should be here Wednesday.

Nice really excited to hear your thoughts on this one...even though the M9 is, in practical terms, too big and too $$ for me.

It looks like Andrew will be carrying the Zen Pro as of Feb...but an "international version"...what does this usually mean? Different tuning??

Dec 28, 2021 at 1:09 AM Post #8,546 of 87,956
acoustic revive triple c coaxial and furutech digiflux coaxial on buyee. Picked up a matrix spdif converter for my Hugo to buypass the terrible usb input.

Dec 28, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #8,547 of 87,956
PXL_20211228_011140789.MP.jpg

My last purchase of the year. Thought I'd start slow before jumping on the RS6.

Enjoying it with the IE900 so far...still haven't tried PEQ setting on them yet but tried the MSEB and it sounded amazing. This feature alone was worth it, but experiencing what full MQA unfolding sounds like is nice as well.

Listening to R6 > BA300S > FD7 now. I am in bliss. Tight dynamic bass, outstanding natural timbre, nice textures, and tube warmth. 🤤

tenor.gif

BA300S pairs amazingly with the R6. I'm a bit bummed the RS6 doesn't have variable line out actually.

Eagerly waiting to watch the new Boba Fett series in a couple days. :)

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #8,548 of 87,956
Last edited:
Dec 28, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #8,549 of 87,956
Nice really excited to hear your thoughts on this one...even though the M9 is, in practical terms, too big and too $$ for me.

It looks like Andrew will be carrying the Zen Pro as of Feb...but an "international version"...what does this usually mean? Different tuning??

It looks like the cable is the difference. From Dunu's page:

MATERIAL: 4 Core, High-Purity Mixed-Strand Furukawa OCC Copper & Neotech Silver *

* For select international markets; SKUs for Mainland and Greater China markets are equipped with DUW-03

https://www.dunu-topsound.com/zen-pro

No idea which cable is better.

But that discount at MT is something.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #8,550 of 87,956
Nothing. Most recent purchase was a Spring 3 KTE. I assembled most of my collection in this calendar year, so my wallet deserves a break..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back