The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 27, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #79,951 of 91,360
I was fortunate to grow up in something of a golden age of movie scores. John Barry, John Williams, Ennio Morricone, Jerry Goldsmith...the list goes on and on. Unfortunately most seem to have forgotten the importance of good music in providing the emotional DNA of a movie.

Great stuff. I always liked The Flying Sequence ( the instrumental of the song titled Can You Read My Mind ) the best. Maureen McGovern had a hit single with it.

Jan 27, 2024 at 11:35 PM Post #79,952 of 91,360
Canjam NYC is almost upon us. @HiFiHawaii808 has graciously volunteered to get some nametags made again for regular posters who are going to be at the show. Criteria for receiving a nametag are as follows:

1) Post regularly in this community.
2) Attending CanJam NYC
3) Be willing to connect with the group...not all day or anything but least a token appearance or two.
4) Be present for the group photo.

Interested parties please PM @HiFiHawaii808 directly so he doesn't miss it. Looking forward to another great show! Vendors who will be present are welcome to request tags also.

9DDD33F6-43B1-4675-A4B9-773373A0C45A 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #79,953 of 91,360
Canjam NYC is almost upon us. @HiFiHawaii808 has graciously volunteered to get some nametags made again for regular posters who are going to be at the show. Criteria for receiving a nametag are as follows:

1) Post regularly in this community.
2) Attending CanJam SoCal
3) Be willing to connect with the group...not all day or anything but least a token appearance or two.
4) Be present for the group photo.

Interested parties please PM @HiFiHawaii808 directly so he doesn't miss it. Looking forward to another great show! Vendors who will be present are welcome to request tags also.

9DDD33F6-43B1-4675-A4B9-773373A0C45A 2.jpeg
just confirming, is this for CanJam NYC or SoCal?

Jan 27, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #79,954 of 91,360
Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 12:54 AM Post #79,956 of 91,360
Fellow lovers of tasteful sounds, give this one a go if you've not already. A spiritual ride on the 109 Pro. Feeling blessed.

What a rabbit hole this was this afternoon, I had no idea the connection to one of my COVID-era guilty pleasures...
44y9c0.jpg

Compared to Isa? Isa is now my ultimate benchmark for single DD IEM.

PS, I just googled and found out Legato is a dual DD IEM. My DD collection is growing after Isa, I got 1 DD Focus EDM before, and now I have 4 DD Quattro, and 634ears single DD incoming.

PS after PS: just found a very hash review calling Legato one trick bass pony by @tombrisbane:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/7hz-legato.26411/
Don't know about Isa, I'm yet to hear any Oriolus stuff unfortunately.:xf_frown:

I hear it quite differently from that @tombrisbane fellow. Mids and treble have plenty of detail and I don't find the bass near as overwhelming as, say Maestro Mini, or *gulp* Scarlett Mini.

Besides, who's this @tombrisbane anyways?! Can't trust a Queenslander. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We have too many negative things happening in our world now, and if there is anything I can observe from watercooler thread is that we try to promote a positive attitude in this hobby, not that we don't have things we don't like or even hate, such as IEMs we don't like, but instead of we are focusing on things we love.
Here here. This is supposed to be that quiet escape from all the BS out there. No, not Black Star, the other BS.

I’m not special.
I wish I was special.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 1:08 AM Post #79,958 of 91,360
Damn, I missed some action here these last few days! :0 Been producing music with a buddy of mine and we are getting real close to finish mixing on our first EP. It's an amateur piece but I am nevertheless quite proud of what we made so far. :)

In other news, I won the trip to Sennheisers new Headquarters in Tullamore, which is pretty awesome! Did not to tell you guys here when it happened, but now me and my buddy are registered and everything, so it should work out fine. Looking forward to listening to the HE-1 for the first time in my life.

This is the album I suggested and it seems like it will be added to the listening room of HE-1. :) Amazing to think that 2 years ago, I didn't even know this forum existed and how much it influenced my life so far.

Overall I have been losing some weight and the year has started pretty well, if not to say, great. Hope you guys have a similar experience. Wish you well and hope you'll treat each other with respect! Getting back to recording some drums soon, byebye. 👋

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240104-160219.png
    Screenshot_20240104-160219.png
    481.1 KB · Views: 0
Jan 28, 2024 at 1:20 AM Post #79,959 of 91,360
My mom had a solid 2 years of listening to them everyday during Covid, the chants coming from the living room TV..Though this is legit the first time I heard them speak English lol.

Good stuff though:

You listen to The Hu too? Cool 😎 I love the language :)

Jan 28, 2024 at 1:22 AM Post #79,960 of 91,360
Yeah, I'm not at all religious about driver configs, as long as the IEM tuning is tastefully executed in a way that lets me just enjoy the music. I'd rather have a variety of different configs to suit different listening set ups, music etc.

To that end, I think I've finally found an all-DD that agrees with me in the humble 7hz Legato:Legato.jpg

I've struggled with many other single/all-DD's such as Perpetua, Advar, and Trifecta, each of them having a nasty, wince-inducing peak or 3 somewhere that I found unacceptable. Legato, however, is very true to it's name, and I've found myself completely lost in music despite its shortcomings. Yes, it's lacking a bit in precision and detail retrieval, and doesn't have quite the massive stage as Trifecta, but it is (checks notes) 1/30th the price of that IEM. For a daily-driver I'll probably use out and around commuting a lot, this is an easy choice.
Agree with you totally on the Legato. Am pairing it with a BTR7 or the Aroma Air to tighten the up its bass a bit. This is a very enjoyable IEM.

IMG_1270.jpeg

Jan 28, 2024 at 1:28 AM Post #79,961 of 91,360
I'm a little offended by some of the ads this site presents to me. It's ridiculous. I really don't appreciate these sorts of presumptions being made about me. I mean, c'mon:

Screenshot 2024-01-28 011330.png

I would never take my walker out for a stroll in nature like that!

Jan 28, 2024 at 1:32 AM Post #79,962 of 91,360
I'm a little offended by some of the ads this site presents to me. It's ridiculous. I really don't appreciate these sorts of presumptions being made about me. I mean, c'mon:

Think of this as a carrier for that amazing transportable stack you would not be able to get around without this. 😉😎

Jan 28, 2024 at 1:43 AM Post #79,963 of 91,360
Damn, I missed some action here these last few days! :0 Been producing music with a buddy of mine and we are getting real close to finish mixing on our first EP. It's an amateur piece but I am nevertheless quite proud of what we made so far. :)

In other news, I won the trip to Sennheisers new Headquarters in Tullamore, which is pretty awesome! Did not to tell you guys here when it happened, but now me and my buddy are registered and everything, so it should work out fine. Looking forward to listening to the HE-1 for the first time in my life.

This is the album I suggested and it seems like it will be added to the listening room of HE-1. :) Amazing to think that 2 years ago, I didn't even know this forum existed and how much it influenced my life so far.

Overall I have been losing some weight and the year has started pretty well, if not to say, great. Hope you guys have a similar experience. Wish you well and hope you'll treat each other with respect! Getting back to recording some drums soon, byebye. 👋

Let’s go! ‘Would love to hear it when you’re done. I’ve just started editing my Japan trip pics, and I’m now a week into my bulk. It’s taken a 2000-calorie weight gainer for me to finally start breaking into a surplus, but I’m now up 3kg and couldn’t be happier. I also have an idea for my next track, and I’m planning on getting a demo made next week. Despite the vibe that’s been on this thread the past couple days, I’ll echo your sentiments and say I hope everyone has an otherwise awesome start to the new year! 🙏

Jan 28, 2024 at 1:53 AM Post #79,964 of 91,360

I mean with that flying walker you could go anywhere with your stack :)

Jan 28, 2024 at 2:14 AM Post #79,965 of 91,360
Let’s go! ‘Would love to hear it when you’re done. I’ve just started editing my Japan trip pics, and I’m now a week into my bulk. It’s taken a 2000-calorie weight gainer for me to finally start breaking into a surplus, but I’m now up 3kg and couldn’t be happier. I also have an idea for my next track, and I’m planning on getting a demo made next week. Despite the vibe that’s been on this thread the past couple days, I’ll echo your sentiments and say I hope everyone has an otherwise awesome start to the new year! 🙏
Man you must move A LOT, respect! Would love to hear your music as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back