The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 28, 2024 at 6:45 AM Post #79,981 of 91,360
As I've said before HBB's audience contains a lot of people who are living vicariously through his bad-boy image and giant penoosh. Many of these influencers have fans who display the same sort of blind devotion they like to "call out" in others around certain audio brands and products. In other news I actually found an image of what looks to be HBB and @Melodaudioman:

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-17 at 14.16.34.jpeg
May a man know the origins of this picture? 🤔

All good thanks! With me, the wallet not so much as the collection is still growing, albeit at a slower rate these days. Recent acquisitions on the IEM side include the Trifecta, Mason FS, Ragnar, Perpetua and the Annihilator.

The last one is featured in a great Fei Wan review that @armstrj2 published today. Highly recommended reading!
Hi @MatW, I've always wondered what the Mason FS sounded like. Could you casually describe? Thanks.

IMG_9559.jpeg

I’ve recently come full ⭕

I’ve owned both of these wonderful and beautiful pieces of gear before and it’s been about a year since I owned Traillii last. I’m embarrassed to admit I’ve owned the Bird now 4 times 🤭 but this time it’s staying as I finally got the infamous @AxLvR design!! Famous last words I know. But this synergy is my nirvana. P6pro is the lightest and easiest portable option I’ve ever used. I’m completely smitten and happy even with news of the new new shiny shiny’s coming out. Cheers to you my friends and may we all find our bliss in the music! 🎶 ☮️🍻
May the bliss be bountiful. 4th time impressions?

Spectacular sunrises over the last few days....

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-28 at 09.15.29.jpeg

Mood Music :

And some other tracks i've been listening to that should sound great on any set up

Happy weekend ! Hope you enjoy :)
The sky sets the tone. 👍🏻

Jan 28, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #79,982 of 91,360
Fantastic idea! I hope @Andricop and @Junmoe62 are taking note. And if you run a kidnap-on-demand service please see if you can take care of @DaveStarWalker 😜

drftr
It will ne not possible for me, but France will be very well represented by David and Lafeuill 😎💪🥂😉

Top of the mountain 😃

Jan 28, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #79,984 of 91,360
Canjam NYC is almost upon us. @HiFiHawaii808 has graciously volunteered to get some nametags made again for regular posters who are going to be at the show. Criteria for receiving a nametag are as follows:

1) Post regularly in this community.
2) Attending CanJam NYC
3) Be willing to connect with the group...not all day or anything but least a token appearance or two.
4) Be present for the group photo.

Interested parties please PM @HiFiHawaii808 directly so he doesn't miss it. Looking forward to another great show! Vendors who will be present are welcome to request tags also.

9DDD33F6-43B1-4675-A4B9-773373A0C45A 2.jpeg
Pmd :)
Logically, I should still have my badge from last year, but lord help me, I have misplaced so much since moving from NY. My basement storage is...intimidating to say the least. Hoping the next (and hopefully last for a while) home move will result in a more organized toy and audio setup. I still have this fantasy I could leave my earphones on open display some day instead of crammed into a carrying case, but small children/pets have likely put the kibosh on that idea. I love my cats but I've also recently discovered that they'll chew through any cabling that isn't fabric-wrapped. That was a fun surprise when my MacBook charger started sparking...

Jan 28, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #79,985 of 91,360
I am still trying to figure out what's the real appeal of Quattro, in the beginning I thought it is the timbre. But again, when I did any critical analysis, it was hard for me to find anything that Quattro excels, so I am really wondering what is so mesmerizing about Quattro.

Yeah, Quattro definitely needs some copium fixes to max it out.

It really doesn't excel on anything beyond it being a really cohesive multi-driver iem.

For example, the subbass never pops out ahead; never distracts by drawing attention to itself (good thing). Same with other parts of the tonality. Center imaging is really solid with no uncanny feeling going outwards. Good cohesiveness.

That said...the bass is really not special for for being "dynamic drivers". Midbass is not well-rounded like a Senn ie900; nor is it close.

The next quirk this iem has, is a sense of reverb dynamics to things without overemphasized treble trailing notes but emphasizes reverb parts closer to the main note tone. The reverb does not give an exaggerated edge to notes, but more interesting mids stuff.

It kind of needs some more "aggressiveness" help which is what you'll want to look for from sources for it. (think the opposite of r-2r).

Also cable can help give it a sense of aggressiveness as well. For example, Nightjar Mira made a big difference on this; compared to simply using a silver cable. (for those into this stuff)

Overall this iem is a warm vibe. Probably relevant for people here into the presentation of their Sony daps.....but this comes straight from the iem itself. o.O;

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #79,986 of 91,360
While this cannot possibly become my go-to chain, it is indeed an interesting experience to listen to audio cassettes on a sony walkman (the OG!) with modern-day IEMs.

IMG_8068.jpeg

While these vintage players cannot keep up with modern digital audio players in resolution and technicalities, their fuzzy, warm, and bassy sound makes for an interesting departure and good fun.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #79,987 of 91,360
While this cannot possibly become my go-to chain, it is indeed an interesting experience to listen to audio cassettes on a sony walkman (the OG!) with modern-day IEMs.

While these vintage players cannot keep up with modern digital audio players in resolution and technicalities, their fuzzy, warm, and the bassy sound, is an interesting departure and good fun.
From a TOTL DAP to a cassette player, we can find joy in listening to music. That's what it's all about. Have fun! 🍺

Jan 28, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #79,992 of 91,360
Damn, I missed some action here these last few days! :0 Been producing music with a buddy of mine and we are getting real close to finish mixing on our first EP. It's an amateur piece but I am nevertheless quite proud of what we made so far. :)

In other news, I won the trip to Sennheisers new Headquarters in Tullamore, which is pretty awesome! Did not to tell you guys here when it happened, but now me and my buddy are registered and everything, so it should work out fine. Looking forward to listening to the HE-1 for the first time in my life.

This is the album I suggested and it seems like it will be added to the listening room of HE-1. :) Amazing to think that 2 years ago, I didn't even know this forum existed and how much it influenced my life so far.

Overall I have been losing some weight and the year has started pretty well, if not to say, great. Hope you guys have a similar experience. Wish you well and hope you'll treat each other with respect! Getting back to recording some drums soon, byebye. 👋

Congratulations! Jealous! Pictures and impressions of your visit would be greatly appreciated!

Jan 28, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #79,993 of 91,360
That was post 80008 on the Watercooler. Your favourite number.

drftr
That'd have to be 80085 which is coming up soon and I'm not giving it up without a fight.

Jan 28, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #79,995 of 91,360
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back