The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 31, 2023 at 10:23 PM Post #63,932 of 89,382
Tonal preference really does vary a lot between people. To me, pairing the falcon with gold nozzle with a warm source is a no no. Too much “meat” in the lower mid. So if you simply say “this tuning is very great”, when I listen to the same set up, I would say “what are you talking about?” That’s why there is a need to read the whole impression

I use blue nozzle on my unit and pair with UTWS5. These Dunu IEMs present great value.
Also RU7 not really that warm. DSD128 is quite airy in fact. DSD256 is not warm at all. IMHO

Aug 31, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #63,933 of 89,382
Hey, how come the CanJam Singapore pic looks better than our pic? Can’t be me. Must be the guy that is the 7th from the left!

I ate too much food between NYC and SG.

Aug 31, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #63,934 of 89,382
Canjam SoCal is almost upon us. @HiFiHawaii808 has graciously volunteered to get some nametags made again for regular posters who are going to be at the show. Criteria for receiving a nametag are as follows:

1) Post regularly in this community.
2) Attending CanJam SoCal
3) Be willing to connect with the group...not all day or anything but least a token appearance or two.
4) Be present for the group photo.

Interested parties please PM @HiFiHawaii808 directly so he doesn't miss it. Looking forward to another great show! Vendors who will be present are welcome to request tags also.

E5112648-FF3D-4EBC-8E5A-5D9B87EC0EFB.JPEG
Hi Guys. I will be at CanJam Socal. Sorry that I haven't been posting much lately. I started a new business in April and it has been taken all of my free time. Can't wait to see you. If you want a name tag, please send me a PM. It's a blast.

Sep 1, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #63,935 of 89,382
It is done. MASS-Kobo 475 on the way!

Sep 1, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #63,936 of 89,382
It's bandcamp friday people! Support your favorite artist or label by pre-ordering their new albums or buy some old wishlisted stuff you had on your plate for quite some time! 😁✌️

Sep 1, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #63,938 of 89,382
It's bandcamp friday people! Support your favorite artist or label by pre-ordering their new albums or buy some old wishlisted stuff you had on your plate for quite some time! 😁✌️

Great shout! I loved the previous Vulfmon record, so I’m keen to check this one out. I just purchased the new live record from the Oz Noy Trio, featuring the legendary Dennis Chambers and Jimmy Haslip.

I got the signed CD version, which also gives you the hi-res digital download. ‘Also left a message for Oz to come play at the Java Jazz Festival. I hoped getting the pricier CD version would get him to take my request more seriously. :D

Sep 1, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #63,940 of 89,382
Hi Guys,
yesterday DTE900 arrived!
I spent 2h only but it's a very promising iem even right out of the box.
I post unboxing here also :)

IMG_8140.jpeg

IMG_8142.jpeg

IMG_8143.jpeg

IMG_8144.jpeg

IMG_8145.jpeg

IMG_8146.jpeg

Sep 1, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #63,941 of 89,382
So using @Rockwell75 IEM spreadsheet as inspiration, I decided to make a similar list of all the IEM’s I’d ever listened to. I didn’t know how many it was going to be, but it turns out to be 48 so far. I do like lists and I think this actually inspires me to seek out more IEMs so that I can add to it. I also think it’s a great idea to keep notes of what you think about each IEM as this can help yourself and others with recommendations and comparisons.

Rockwell75’s spreadsheet is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ifrc0nCKZ-b4hSBNzGMMZ-Nc3zAXHqio0nqslczmlNI/edit?usp=sharing

Sep 1, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #63,942 of 89,382
So using @Rockwell75 IEM spreadsheet as inspiration, I decided to make a similar list of all the IEM’s I’d ever listened to. I didn’t know how many it was going to be, but it turns out to be 48 so far. I do like lists and I think this actually inspires me to seek out more IEMs so that I can add to it. I also think it’s a great idea to keep notes of what you think about each IEM as this can help yourself and others with recommendations and comparisons.

Rockwell75’s spreadsheet is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ifrc0nCKZ-b4hSBNzGMMZ-Nc3zAXHqio0nqslczmlNI/edit?usp=sharing

Awesome :)

I can’t fail to point out here that the inspiration for the format used in my spreadsheet was a similar one by the illustrious and intoxicatingly handsome @SteveK27 .

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #63,943 of 89,382
Sep 1, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #63,944 of 89,382
Great shout! I loved the previous Vulfmon record, so I’m keen to check this one out. I just purchased the new live record from the Oz Noy Trio, featuring the legendary Dennis Chambers and Jimmy Haslip.

I got the signed CD version, which also gives you the hi-res digital download. ‘Also left a message for Oz to come play at the Java Jazz Festival. I hoped getting the pricier CD version would get him to take my request more seriously. :D

Thanks for the recommendation of the Oz Noy Trio.
I had a short listen into it, liked it :heart_eyes:, and bought the album in the digital version.
I'm crossing my fingers that your comment gets true and they play at the Java Jazz Festival :relaxed:

Sep 1, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #63,945 of 89,382
Noisy shoegaze from my childhood buddy for Bandcamp Friday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back