The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 28, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #62,131 of 89,884
Happy for all the Singularity owners, look like a dope set. :beerchug:

On another topic, I have been going down the road in buying cables from Gladiator Cables.
First off, I have never been a big cable believer and I think both sides of the debate should be respected.

1690576305651.png

What started with just getting a nice cable to match the design of my Aurora, ended up being upgraded to a thicker better Japanese copper with also better 4.4mm plug in copper.
Its a thick cable, but for some reason one of my most comfortable ones due to have the fabric and how malleable it is.
I guess he got more orders, so he have it as a stock cable now.
A solid copper cable with great note weight and resolution, and is a step up from the coppers I have had before from XINHS and Penon.

In the end it ended up on my Neon Pro, look cool together and matches the tonality of NP.

https://gladiatorcables.com/caesar-line/p/astra-rame

Then my two new cables, I wanted to test something new I have never tried before.
After a nice talk with Antonio I settled on Pure Silver with Palladium Coating, seems like this is also coming soon as a option in the Ceasar line.

Was not sure what to expect here, expected it to be bright since it is silver.
But it is more like a microscope cable, super resolving and stage is extra large. Bass is tight, mids open and clear and treble extended but not bright just correct.

1690576855425.png

Then its my third cable, I have been thinking for a long while to get a new cable for my ZMF Verite. One that is shorter, but also copper 8 wire as my Forza AudioWorks Claire HPC.
Ended up on this Copper Japanese Coffee Litz Type 2 8 wire, the Claire HPC cable I had is a great cable already. This has slight more fulness and impactfull low end without sacrificing technicalities, so for me a better cable than my old one.

https://gladiatorcables.com/caesar-line/p/coffee-litz

1690577192665.png

Only wanted to share as I have found my experience very satisfying of both the cables and my interaction with the maker Antonio from Italy.
Already talked about getting in on his next project, a limited release called Cleopatra with a nice combination of material.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #62,132 of 89,884

On another topic, I have been going down the road in buying cables from Gladiator Cables.
First off, I have never been a big cable believer and I think both sides of the debate should be respected.

1690576305651.png

What started with just getting a nice cable to match the design of my Aurora, ended up being upgraded to a thicker better Japanese copper with also better 4.4mm plug in copper.
Its a thick cable, but for some reason one of my most comfortable ones due to have the fabric and how malleable it is.
A solid copper cable with great note weight and resolution, and is a step up from the coppers I have had before from XINHS and Penon.

In the end it ended up on my Neon Pro, look cool together and matches the tonality of NP.

Then my two new cables, I wanted to test something new I have never tried before.
After a nice talk with Antonio I settled on Pure Silver with Palladium Coating, seems like this is also coming soon as a option in the Ceasar line.

But it is more like a microscope cable, super resolving and stage is extra large. Bass is tight, mids open and clear and treble extended but not bright just correct.

1690576855425.png

Then its my third cable, I have been thinking for a long while to get a new cable for my ZMF Verite. One that is shorter, but also copper 8 wire as my Forza AudioWorks Claire HPC.
Ended up on this Copper Japanese Coffee Litz Type 2 8 wire, the Claire HPC cable I had is a great cable already. This has slight more fulness and impactfull low end without sacrificing technicalities, so for me a better cable than my old one.

1690577192665.png

Only wanted to share as I have found my experience very satisfying of both the cables and my interaction with the maker in Antonio from Italy.
Already talked about getting in on his next project, a limited release called Cleopatra with a nice combination of material.
I dont know what side of the debate to fall on. Every time I’m about to pull the trigger on a TOTL cable I buy another IEM instead! Is there an instruction manual for this insane hobby we participate in? LOL

Jul 28, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #62,133 of 89,884
I dont know what side of the debate to fall on. Every time I’m about to pull the trigger on a TOTL cable I buy another IEM instead! Is there an instruction manual for this insane hobby we participate in? LOL
Haven't experienced ronin in it's final form without a totl cable. my choice, that's available on the market being 8w Yatono. But their new silver cable has had some pretty great impressions from those I know auditioned it in Japan.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #62,134 of 89,884
First batch was 50 units, minus what was previously shipped out. We didn't have a lot. The remaining 50 Launch Edition units are being prepared. We will probably release the remaining in smaller batches as we complete them. We rather not live and die by hype. We worked extremely hard to ensure that Singularity sounds complete in and of itself, while still having capability to scale with developments in source gear and amplification in the future.

Singularity was envisioned as a staple that will remain relevant even as the landscape progresses around it, purely based on what it brings to the table sound wise, and its unique balance of traits. While it seems many are enjoying it, do take a breather to consider if it has a place in your collection and avoid any impulse buys! We put a lot of effort into designing and producing them, so it is really a pity to us if it gets neglected after purchase due to preference mismatch, or due to it not fitting in your collection. Happy listening, and a big thank you to everyone for your interest and support!
I’m super excited to be among the first set of 50. I had read somewhere that upgraded cables where planned, when will that be … and is there a discount/trade up for the first set of customers? Congrats an a great laugh
IMG_4583.jpeg

Jul 28, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #62,135 of 89,884

1690576305651.png

1690576855425.png

1690577192665.png

Only wanted to share as I have found my experience very satisfying of both the cables and my interaction with the maker Antonio from Italy.
Glad you enjoy your Gladiator cables. They look nice and also well executed with proper hardware.

Besides that I also had a really good experience / results with a silver palladium cable recently (Xinhs). Seems to match very well especially with hybrid and tribrid type IEM.
I was that happy with the one I got that I ordered another one of these cables but in a 8 wire construction thanks to @-rowan- s idea...

Btw call me in on the Singularity hypetrain... This thread... Chang and Ken seem to be very kind guys. Looking forward to what Nightjar have created. Also cable wise.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #62,136 of 89,884
Haven't experienced ronin in it's final form without a totl cable. my choice, that's available on the market being 8w Yatono. But their new silver cable has had some pretty great impressions from those I know auditioned it in Japan.
Funny enough I was looking at these and then decided to by buy the Singularity instead. Yesterday I was looking at another cable and then decided to buy buy buy the new HiFiMan Arya organic instead!!!! I’m in this rut!!!!

Jul 28, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #62,137 of 89,884
I’ve been following with interest the top 3 IEM’s. Which are the top 3 CIEM’s for those of us universal don’t fit? I’m looking to get a CIEM but Rn6 doesn’t come custom, right?

Jul 28, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #62,138 of 89,884
I’ve been following with interest the top 3 IEM’s. Which are the top 3 CIEM’s for those of us universal don’t fit? I’m looking to get a CIEM but Rn6 doesn’t come custom, right?
FiR just announced a CIEM Rn6. It’s limited to 100 sets but I think that’s a rather loose 100 as folks have being buying them in CIEM prior to the formal announcement.

Jul 28, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #62,139 of 89,884
This is me! I would rather spend the money on iem/earbuds as I always find it hard to pull the trigger on cables.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #62,140 of 89,884
This is me! I would rather spend the money on iem/Bud as I always find it hard to pull the trigger on cables.
I do the same except I've gone to 4 canjams in a row and the next will be my 5th @ socal. So I've kinda nailed down iems I like and preference to sig and so my next step is typically a dap/cable so I lean towards iems with the highest resolution/technicalities (within reason) and build around the IEM.

Jul 28, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #62,141 of 89,884
Probably for the best, let the hype die down and then save some money. Anyways, back to real life.
Have to admit feeling the pull of the vortex around this particular hype-train, but I'm happy to wait for the dust to settle a little and see how well Singularity stands the test of time...
We rather not live and die by hype. We worked extremely hard to ensure that Singularity sounds complete in and of itself, while still having capability to scale with developments in source gear and amplification in the future.

Singularity was envisioned as a staple that will remain relevant even as the landscape progresses around it, purely based on what it brings to the table sound wise, and its unique balance of traits.
Great to hear from the manufacturer themselves that it is indeed the intention for Singularity to be much more than a flash-in-the-pan. Definitely the type of thing I go for when assessing a purchase.

Besides, its not like I haven't got anything else to listen to in the meantime. :blush:

Jul 28, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #62,142 of 89,884
This is me! I would rather spend the money on iem/Bud as I always find it hard to pull the trigger on cables.
I feel you - was close to pull the trigger on a near 1k cable and just decided for the Singularity instead... Includes a quite expensive cable too btw (when bought alone) :)

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #62,143 of 89,884
They just announced Customs for RN6 though it is limited to 20 units per month.

Attachments

• IMG_5129.jpeg
    IMG_5129.jpeg
    938.2 KB · Views: 0
Jul 28, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #62,144 of 89,884
I'll spend money on cables, since I grow my own Bud! :smile:

Jul 28, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #62,145 of 89,884
***Cross-post from Sound Rhyme thread***

My Custom SR8 just arrived !

1000057258.jpg

1000057259.jpg

(Nicely paired with the NiceHCK Season cable)

So far, I'm loving it! Extremely detailed and still pretty fun with nice mid-bass impact (not overly done, just the right amount) and very clean (I mean, crystal clear) vocals. Nice and "big" (for an IEM (my Arya is still larger 😅)) soundstage too.
Will post more impressions and compare it with my EJ07M in the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back