The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 28, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #62,146 of 91,357
Happy for all the Singularity owners, look like a dope set. :beerchug:

On another topic, I have been going down the road in buying cables from Gladiator Cables.
First off, I have never been a big cable believer and I think both sides of the debate should be respected.

1690576305651.png

What started with just getting a nice cable to match the design of my Aurora, ended up being upgraded to a thicker better Japanese copper with also better 4.4mm plug in copper.
Its a thick cable, but for some reason one of my most comfortable ones due to have the fabric and how malleable it is.
I guess he got more orders, so he have it as a stock cable now.
A solid copper cable with great note weight and resolution, and is a step up from the coppers I have had before from XINHS and Penon.

In the end it ended up on my Neon Pro, look cool together and matches the tonality of NP.

https://gladiatorcables.com/caesar-line/p/astra-rame

Then my two new cables, I wanted to test something new I have never tried before.
After a nice talk with Antonio I settled on Pure Silver with Palladium Coating, seems like this is also coming soon as a option in the Ceasar line.

Was not sure what to expect here, expected it to be bright since it is silver.
But it is more like a microscope cable, super resolving and stage is extra large. Bass is tight, mids open and clear and treble extended but not bright just correct.

1690576855425.png

Then its my third cable, I have been thinking for a long while to get a new cable for my ZMF Verite. One that is shorter, but also copper 8 wire as my Forza AudioWorks Claire HPC.
Ended up on this Copper Japanese Coffee Litz Type 2 8 wire, the Claire HPC cable I had is a great cable already. This has slight more fulness and impactfull low end without sacrificing technicalities, so for me a better cable than my old one.

https://gladiatorcables.com/caesar-line/p/coffee-litz

1690577192665.png

Only wanted to share as I have found my experience very satisfying of both the cables and my interaction with the maker Antonio from Italy.
Already talked about getting in on his next project, a limited release called Cleopatra with a nice combination of material.
My wallet "HATES" you! /s :triportsad::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jul 28, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #62,148 of 91,357
A great listen. The education begins.

1690593603006.png

Jul 28, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #62,149 of 91,357
Put a pre-order in for Singularity earlier in the day. Quite hyped! 4-6 weeks is a bit of a wait, but I recently got the MEST MKIII in this week, and the DIVA 2023 about a month ago... so I will be well entertained in the meantime!

Once the Singularity arrives, I think I'll have a great trinity to rotate through. :D

Jul 28, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #62,150 of 91,357
I've been using Pi2aes with my Hugo2 via optical (noticeable improvement in SQ) and would like to compare the Pi2aes to my Macbook pro (intel 2019, 4x usb C ports) outputting optical. What sort of device do I need to connect the optical cable to my laptop?

Also has anyone tried the Brise Yatono shielded cable for USB?

https://briseaudio.com/en/collections/usb/products/accurate-usb

Was looking to get the USB-C to Micro B version.

Jul 28, 2023 at 10:18 PM Post #62,151 of 91,357
Jul 28, 2023 at 11:23 PM Post #62,152 of 91,357
Hi guys, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone compared Singularity with Grand Maestro? From what I've read they've got both excellent bass and overall detail/resolution.

And are they worth getting if I already have XE6? I love the warmth, note thickness, dynamism and how one note flows into the next with such smoothness.

Do share your thoughts. 😁

Jul 29, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #62,153 of 91,357
Edit, wrong thread.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2023 at 3:26 AM Post #62,154 of 91,357
I received the Fir Audio kit from @Rockwell75 today by surprise. I’ve been very curious to hear the Rn6 and boy it is better than I imagined. This is about perfect for me and my tastes so far. There’s a pristine clarity that gives the music an effortless feeling.
I had mentioned to Jeff how I probably shouldn’t hear this as I had a feeling I was going to like it. Sucks that I can’t afford it but I will really enjoy my time with it..

**edit…. Very nice pairing with the N7. I’m on one of my standard lute albums and tone and timbre are excellent and the open airy sound is crisp and vibrant. Boy I really really like these iems.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #62,155 of 91,357
Hi guys, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone compared Singularity with Grand Maestro? From what I've read they've got both excellent bass and overall detail/resolution.

And are they worth getting if I already have XE6? I love the warmth, note thickness, dynamism and how one note flows into the next with such smoothness.

Do share your thoughts. 😁
:wink:

IMG_9386.jpeg

Jul 29, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #62,158 of 91,357
The Trifecta and the Perpetua are both DD-based IEMs; but 🍎 and 🍊 really, in terms of their sound profile.

IMG_2495.jpeg

Only similarity is that they both do bass really well.

That Celeste cable with the Perpetua is glorious to look at and listen to. More on the cable later.
What differences do you notice between Trifecta and Perpetua in terms of sound ?

Jul 29, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #62,159 of 91,357
Look what came in early!

Here are some quick pictures:
110A2853.jpg

The presentation is gorgeous and charming; I love the wooden box.
110A2848.jpg

My lucky number!

110A2860.jpg

These are absolutely stunning. Pictures don't do it justice. Materials feel premium and solid. The stock Vanguard cable is sweet and really ergonomic! One of the best-included stock cables I have purchased. Great cable, as expected from NightJar :)

110A2868.jpg

Quick impressions: One of the best single DD IEMs I have ever tried. Bravo NightJar! I'm excited to compare it with my Dunu Luna and IE600. The presentation is quite grand for the package. This IEM scales pretty well. I notice big gains switching from my humble dongle to my dap to my desktop setup. I always feel a characteristic of a good transducer is how it reveals the chain being fed it.

Nothing like the cohesiveness and bass pressure that comes from a single dynamic driver. The bass is authoritative and tactile. The treble is well-balanced and without glare or excessive shimmer. The biggest surprise is the transients, the attack isn't really that sharp, too forward, or fatiguing. Given the bass-heavy tuning, this is an excellent choice because it provides I say, a good balance and prevents fatigue. I feel I can listen to this for longer periods of time than my IER-Z1R and IE600.

Feel free to ask me any questions :) Im excited to hear what you all have to say. Hope to give more impressions soon, but now I'm too busy just rocking out.
I wanted to know how Singularity stands in terms of detail and three-dimensionality. Thank you.

Jul 29, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #62,160 of 91,357
What differences do you notice between Trifecta and Perpetua in terms of sound ?
Tuning:
Trifecta: V-shaped with great amounts of bass
Perpetua: 'Neutral' with treble boost at 8k

Sound profile:
Lows: Trifecta>Perpetua. Trifecta has more slam and impact, while Perpetua is more reserved.
Mids: Perpetua>Trifecta. Perpetua delivers vocals smooth and natural, among the bests in the market. The 8k peak offers more liveliness in sopranos. Trifecta is more soulful in this regard.
Highs: Perpetua=Trifecta. Both have lively highs.

Technicalities:
Details: Perpetua>Trifecta. Perpetua has more macro-detail due to its 8k peak. Micro-details are similar.
Soundstage: Perpetua=Trifecta. Perpetua has more width, Trifecta has more depth.
Layering: Perpetua>Trifecta. Perpetua has a slight edge in separation.
Dynamics: Trifecta>Perpetua.

Perpetua with Celeste cable:
Tuning and Sound profile:
Brightens up things in general. Mids are more bright than neutral, sounding more BA-like.

Technicalities:
Improved macro-details, improved airiness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back