The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 5, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #5,686 of 89,920
Dec 5, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #5,688 of 89,920
Dec 5, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #5,689 of 89,920
Dec 5, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #5,691 of 89,920
@tgx78 I had a quick look at your Squig.link but before that I accidently clicked on your website. Holy Moly! May I assume those are all your works?? Pretty incredible stuff... Forwarded to a friend who has better eyes than ears.

drftr
Haha.. Thanks!

Dec 5, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #5,693 of 89,920
My personal votes go to Icefield II and Ucluelet Sunset, but that may be totally different an hour from now! Which IEMs provide you this kind of inspiration??? That would be a must have.

drftr
Currently, Traillii and FD7!

Dec 5, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #5,695 of 89,920
Ok interesting re FD7, I've been hovering the buy button for a few days, held back by loving ZEN PRO but equally curious to try FD7. Due to opening my Christmas present early, I need an alternative under the tree! Look forward to your thoughts on ZEN PRO versus what you remember of FD7.

If only this was the extent to life's challenges and decisions!
I currently have both the Zen Pro and FD7. I listen to mostly pop and EDM.

For me, the Zen Pro is the better IEM. The FD7 (balanced nozzle) has a slightly wider soundstage, is bassier/warmer, smoother, and has less details than the Zen Pro when listening to at roughly the same volume. I hear more details/clarity in both male and female vocals on the Zen Pro. Tonally, the Zen Pro sounds almost perfectly balanced to me, while FD7 leans too warm (I am actually treble sensitive and prefer warmer IEMs in general). The Zen Pro sound good on a variety of tracks and genres, while FD7 was less versatile, only being better with bass impact on tracks which needed it.

The FD7 is less balanced in tuning, and actually skewed towards the bottom half of the frequency response for me. Please note that my comparisons are done using Tennmak foam tips on both. With silicone eartips, I had trouble getting a proper seal on the FD7 due to angle of the nozzle, so I hear a brighter signature when using silicone tips. Additionally, the isolation on the FD7 are noticeably worse than Zen Pros for me - this is another factor which can contribute to the perception of having less bass since it is lost to background noise. I actually love that Zen Pros have quite good isolation - this is quite rare in single DD IEMs.

Dec 5, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #5,696 of 89,920

For me, the Zen Pro is the better IEM. The FD7 (balanced nozzle) has a slightly wider soundstage, is bassier/warmer, smoother, and has less details than the Zen Pro when listening to at roughly the same volume. I hear more details/clarity in both male and female vocals on the Zen Pro. Tonally, the Zen Pro sounds almost perfectly balanced to me, while FD7 leans too warm (I am actually treble sensitive and prefer warmer IEMs in general). The Zen Pro sound good on a variety of tracks and genres, while FD7 was less versatile, only being better with bass impact on tracks which needed it.

The FD7 is less balanced in tuning, and actually skewed towards the bottom half of the frequency response for me. Please note that my comparisons are done using Tennmak foam tips on both. With silicone eartips, I had trouble getting a proper seal on the FD7 due to angle of the nozzle, so I hear a brighter signature when using silicone tips. Additionally, the isolation on the FD7 are noticeably worse than Zen Pros for me - this is another factor which can contribute to the perception of having less bass since it is lost to background noise. I actually love that Zen Pros have quite good isolation - this is quite rare in single DD IEMs.
That was expected given the price has. What about the highs, separation, and imaging?

Dec 5, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #5,697 of 89,920
@jwilliamhurst RE our Rhapsodio questions I heard back that:

- There's no FR charts available (maybe send yours on vacation to @tgx78 in return for a beautiful chart?);
- There's no reviews for the newer and smaller Little Eden, which according to Sammy sounds the same as the regular Eden;
- There's no written comparisons between Eden and Little Eden;
- Eden is already out of production and Little Eden is a limited edtition and will go out of production after that;
- No word about a successor yet.

Guess that's one less on my list. Some luxury problems solve themselves or so it seems. Which is a pity as it looked to be the best balanced upmarket single DD candidate :frowning2:

drftr

Dec 5, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #5,698 of 89,920

Oh now this makes things interesting. If this is true that the Zen Pro is brighter leaning than the FD7 that will likely spell certain doom for the Zen Pro for me (and probably the Kato as well). Have you heard the Isabellae by any chance? That IEM was pretty much the perfect balance of warmth & upper mid energy for me. You're not the first person I've heard describe the FD7 as warm and bassy though that's admittedly a relative term. Looking forward to hearing the Zen Pro for myself tomorrow.

Dec 5, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #5,699 of 89,920
My Zen Pro is in Miami, FL. I am still notified that its not going to be delivered until Friday the 10th.

In my experience, especially with DHL, the delivery estimates are always a few days later than you wind up getting the delivery-- you should have it within a day or 2.

Dec 5, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #5,700 of 89,920
@jwilliamhurst RE our Rhapsodio questions I heard back that:

- There's no FR charts available (maybe send yours on vacation to @tgx78 in return for a beautiful chart?);
- There's no reviews for the newer and smaller Little Eden, which according to Sammy sounds the same as the regular Eden;
- There's no written comparisons between Eden and Little Eden;
- Eden is already out of production and Little Eden is a limited edtition and will go out of production after that;
- No word about a successor yet.

Guess that's one less on my list. Some luxury problems solve themselves or so it seems. Which is a pity as it looked to be the best balanced upmarket single DD candidate :frowning2:

drftr
How does a company not take measurements of there own product? Unless graphs were not a normalized thing then….I’m unsure. It’s just a bit surprising to me but I’m also not super familiar being only a year into the hobby.

What was the little Eden selling for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back