The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 2, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #5,536 of 88,421
In only the recent past I have found www.headphonebar.com to be a reliable predictor of new Campfire releases.

Headphone Bar is a small retailer and I think they are smart and nimble and never really keep a huge amount of inventory. This is sometimes frustrating since they often will be sold out of items but I digress.

Looks like we have a shakeup of Campfire Audio coming soon. The store seems to be light on Campfire Audio. I have a feeling a new release on the high end is coming out soon. Maybe something that intends to even supersede the Solaris.

Obviously this is pure speculation but I have a feeling…

Dec 2, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #5,537 of 88,421
Wow, thanks for this, just sitting down to work this morning, and this should be a nice complement at higher or lower volume...

Yes I'm really looking forward to listening, bedtime soon here and that will be my choice to drift off to. In the meantime, listening to Coldcut meets Afrobeat on the same label, wonderful stuff.

“Keleketla!” started as a musical meeting ground between Ninja Tune co-founders Coldcut and a cadre of South African musicians (introduced by the charity In Place Of War), including the raw, South African-accented jazz styles of Sibusile Xaba, and rapper Yugen Blakrok (Black Panther OST). From those initial sessions, the record grew to encompass a wider web of musical luminaries, including Afrobeat architects, the late pioneer Tony Allen and Dele Sosimi, legendary L.A. spoken word pioneers The Watts Prophets, and West Papuan activist Benny Wenda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 2, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #5,538 of 88,421
Dec 2, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #5,539 of 88,421
I’m hoping they send Kit-Kat Duos with every pair of 64Audio Duos.

Dec 2, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #5,540 of 88,421
I’m hoping they send Kit-Kat Duos with every pair of 64Audio Duos.
Even if you don’t get a duo, they still send the KitKat duo with the 64iems :wink:

Dec 2, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #5,542 of 88,421
I know most of the discussion in this thread seems to be focused on the $500+ segment of IEMs (and honestly I get it, it’s fun to talk about the extremes and endgames), but as a fun discussion question, what’s everyone’s current favorite sub $300 (ish) IEM?

While I have been in this thread talking about how much I like the Campfire Onyx from the multiverse event, I think I would go with the Drop/JVC HA-FDX1. So far, to my ears, it seems like a highly detailed yet still (with the blue filter) fun tuned sound. I also give it points for being widely available and not a limited edition like the Onyx, and because the nozzle end can rotate it’s super easy to get a nice fit for your preferred cable style.

Dec 2, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #5,543 of 88,421
The Ara was SO controversial.

I’m curious as well. I bet it’s great.

Dec 2, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #5,544 of 88,421
I love my Campfire Audio Onyx. $350 CAD. Money well spent.

Listening to Nils Frahm #2 from the album “All Melody” on these is an experience.

Love the Onyx.

They also updated the firmware on my Sony NW-ZX507 and it sounds sublime. I had to take it off of high gain however. It’s a big change. This little DAP has really been a gem 💎 (thank you @SBranson).

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #5,545 of 88,421
I've been reminiscing about the OG MEST, which I received on tour a year ago this week. It's probably the IEM I liked the most of all the IEMs I've demoed but didn't buy...I may snap up one on the used market over the holidays if an opportunity arises.

Dec 2, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #5,546 of 88,421
In only the recent past I have found www.headphonebar.com to be a reliable predictor of new Campfire releases.

Headphone Bar is a small retailer and I think they are smart and nimble and never really keep a huge amount of inventory. This is sometimes frustrating since they often will be sold out of items but I digress.

Looks like we have a shakeup of Campfire Audio coming soon. The store seems to be light on Campfire Audio. I have a feeling a new release on the high end is coming out soon. Maybe something that intends to even supersede the Solaris.

Obviously this is pure speculation but I have a feeling…

I'm very excited at the thought of a new CFA flagship-- it will be interesting to see where they go after Solaris. Further to your point both Headphone Bar & CFA direct have been sold out of the Solaris for a while. Personally I hope they keep going with ceramic shells & acoustic chambers and eventually try something with e-stats. During a normal era I'd be expecting something from them about now but in this age of supply chain shortages and uncertainties everywhere it's hard to say. One can hope though.

Dec 2, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #5,547 of 88,421
I'm very excited at the thought of a new CFA flagship-- it will be interesting to see where they go after Solaris. Further to your point both Headphone Bar & CFA direct have been sold out of the Solaris for a while. Personally I hope they keep going with ceramic shells & acoustic chambers and eventually try something with e-stats. During a normal era I'd be expecting something from them about now but in this age of supply chain shortages and uncertainties everywhere it's hard to say. One can hope though.
CANJAM?

drftr

Dec 2, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #5,548 of 88,421
CANJAM?

drftr

That's in Feb. They often release something major in Nov/Dec (Vega/Dorado last year, Solaris SE & Andromeda MW10 in 2019, Solaris OG in Nov 2018). Will wait eagerly, though to be honest I'm kind of burnt out of obsessing about new stuff. Once I get Kato & Zen Pro I'll probably keep one of them and then lay low until Ext, with perhaps a cable purchase or two.

Dec 2, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #5,549 of 88,421
That's in Feb. They often release something major in Nov/Dec (Vega/Dorado last year, Solaris SE & Andromeda MW10 in 2019, Solaris OG in Nov 2018). Will wait eagerly, though to be honest I'm kind of burnt out of obsessing about new stuff. Once I get Kato & Zen Pro I'll probably keep one of them and then lay low until Ext, with perhaps a cable purchase or two.
I was thinking about your earlier supply chain remark. They may realize they can't deliver and possibly even infuriate their customers with empty promises because of it.

drftr

Dec 2, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #5,550 of 88,421
I was thinking about your earlier supply chain remark. They may realize they can't deliver and possibly even infuriate their customers with empty promises because of it.

drftr

Yeah they're actually pretty good about not promoting or announcing anything until a short time before they're ready to ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back