The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 12, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #52,172 of 88,464
Ironically, I'm the opposite. A few years after I got my K10 customs I had a couple impacted wisdom teeth cracked and removed on my left side. I recall at the time explaining the situation to the dentist and explicitly asking whether it would affect my seal, and despite her insisting otherwise (and hey, I needed the teeth out, they were causing me pain), I've never been able to get a proper seal there since with my K10s. Between that and nasal pressure issues that run in the family, I've learned universal fits are safer for me. I also know there's this theory that with ear shape changing over time, customs may not fit so well a decade or longer out, although I don't know how much truth there is to that last bit.

Our ears do change over time. Probably moreso in my case, as mid-way through the hobby, I lost 90 lbs. But yeah, I think you've got the better end of the stick between the two of us, as you're able to enjoy a wider variety, and possibly realize the benefits of resale value. :slight_smile:

Are we fist bumping? Or are you punching me in the face? Hmm...

Which of the two would you consider to be nicer? :stuck_out_tongue:

Mar 12, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #52,173 of 88,464
Our ears do change over time. Probably moreso in my case, as mid-way through the hobby, I lost 90 lbs. But yeah, I think you're got the better end of the stick between the two of us, as you're able to enjoy a wider variety, and possibly realize the benefits of resale value. :slight_smile:

Which of the two would you consider to be nicer? :stuck_out_tongue:
Fist bump obviously. Who finds being punched in the face nice? I've been punched enough - I try and avoid it these days.

Mar 12, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #52,174 of 88,464
Mar 12, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #52,176 of 88,464
No I'm saying that IEMs are increasing in quality at all price tiers and that those unable or unwilling to pay for some upcoming generation of $10K summit fi IEMs need not worry too much becasue the quality of IEMs at lower price tiers is getting so good that one can find greatness wherever they look.

Spent a few hours with Trifecta and LP6 through the 1/4" out yesterday and man I think you may be onto something...

Edit: On that note are there any IEM cables anywhere terminated at 1/4"? Or places that will re-terminate cables to that? Asking for a friend... :p
Hart Audio Cables did some re-terminating for me before. I'm a repeat customer so they didn't charge me.. I just paid for shipping.

Mar 12, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #52,177 of 88,464
No I'm saying that IEMs are increasing in quality at all price tiers and that those unable or unwilling to pay for some upcoming generation of $10K summit fi IEMs need not worry too much becasue the quality of IEMs at lower price tiers is getting so good that one can find greatness wherever they look.

Spent a few hours with Trifecta and LP6 through the 1/4" out yesterday and man I think you may be onto something...

Edit: On that note are there any IEM cables anywhere terminated at 1/4"? Or places that will re-terminate cables to that? Asking for a friend... :p
You like the 6.35mm that much? Surprising you'd pick that over 4.4mm.

Mar 12, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #52,178 of 88,464
You like the 6.35mm that much? Surprising you'd pick that over 4.4mm.

Still trying to figure that out. At the very least it would be cool to have a 1/4" IEM cable on hand just because it's so haptically satisfying to plug it in.

Mar 12, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #52,179 of 88,464
Still trying to figure that out. At the very least it would be cool to have a 1/4" IEM cable on hand just because it's so haptically satisfying to plug it in.

Ah yes... "Haptics"

L0ZyZXVkLmpwZw

Mar 12, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #52,181 of 88,464
The adapter plug material changes the sound. You can try some Furutech gold and Furutech rhodium adapters… different sound!

Mar 12, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #52,183 of 88,464

If you want to go super brawny with it, maybe a custom Code 23? :slight_smile:

Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 4.45.18 PM.png

Carbon fiber to keep the weight down lol. 🤣

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #52,184 of 88,464
If you want to go super brawny with it, maybe a custom Code 23? :slight_smile:

Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 4.45.18 PM.png

Carbon fiber to keep the weight down lol. 🤣

I have a demo of the Code 23. Here's a pic of me wearing it:

20190314_144902.jpg

:p

Mar 12, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #52,185 of 88,464
Oh great, another debate on whether different materials affect the sound of the cable... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::upside_down:

And talks of microSDs bubbling up in N8ii thread – Micron i400 vs i300.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back