The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 9, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #51,751 of 89,328
Yep...I've been (very) slowly replacing quite a bit of my 16-bit stuff with 24-bit (bandcamp has gotten a nice chunk of change from me the past several years, LOL). Why? I'm a freak like the rest of you lot in some ways hahahaha. My music library size/space taken has ballooned because of this.

Yeah I'm totally OCD about it - I love when I see a new Bandcamp release, start the download and a sense of glee when I see the file size exceeds 500MB, always knowing then it'll be 24bit! I wish more would actually specify in the way the likes of Ultimae do... fantastic label - I still buy CDs from them, and they always include a selection of label postcards, one of which has a personalised note to thank for the purchase etc - a nice touch.

https://ultimae.bandcamp.com/

1678398256922.png

Mar 9, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #51,752 of 89,328
Let's have a chat in SG if I find ya, always interested to get the perspective of someone who has heard as much as you. At least point its unclear if I agree or disagree with your takes but I'm curious to find out.
Absolutely, I'd be more than happy to. In fact, maybe I need to get one of those dorky wooden nametags the guys in this thread had so anyone with grievances about my writing can come and hand them over to me in person. I'll figure something out closer to the date. Feel free to PM me if anyone is actually interested in this.

Mar 9, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #51,753 of 89,328
Omg it’s so bad!! I removed it from my library. I tried it on iPhone + NE4 and N7 + MSE (both Spotify) and it’s like someone recorded the song with tinnitus in it. Just tried Apple Music lossless also and it’s still there. 🤮
I ran into a similar issue with De La Soul and the De La Soul is dead album. listening through Odyssey and Mentor, and I could hear some weird crackling noise in the background. I’m just chalking it up to early 90s mastering.

Mar 9, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #51,754 of 89,328
Yeah I'm totally OCD about it - I love when I see a new Bandcamp release, start the download and a sense of glee when I see the file size exceeds 500MB, always knowing then it'll be 24bit! I wish more would actually specify in the way the likes of Ultimae do... fantastic label - I still buy CDs from them, and they always include a selection of label postcards, one of which has a personalised note to thank for the purchase etc - a nice touch.

https://ultimae.bandcamp.com/

Ultimae is totally my jam. A big % of the aforementioned $$ spent has gone to them. And very deserved IMO.

Mar 9, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #51,755 of 89,328
Ultimae is totally my jam. A big % of the aforementioned $$ spent has gone to them. And very deserved IMO.

100%, top quality always - and clearly huge passion and dedication from the owners too, love to support labels and artists like this - so much more going to their pockets vs any streaming.

Mar 9, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #51,756 of 89,328
I'm 21,000 tracks into ripping my cd collection still a way to go for the rest but it's great to be able to scan through a dap and instantly be able to play an album from 30 years ago that's not available from steaming sites I've lost count of the number of cds I've had to manually type in the track lists and scan the cover.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #51,758 of 89,328
I am displeased to report that it is, in fact, far from final, and that not only will I be at Canjam Singapore next month, but I will likely be at every Canjam NYC from this year onwards for the foreseeable future. If this is an issue you are free to take it up with me in person should you happen to see me at any one of these events. Happy listening!

Were you in Bloom room on Sat or Sun? Cause I was there on Sat, next to Jeff listening to CFA iems.

Now, for a serious question :D You are from SGP, right? I was quite surprised to see and to chat with Crin at the show, he is the same Crin in person as he is in his videos. Also met Chang from Subtonic Audio, very nice guy, and he had a group of people with him, maybe you were there as well. There is hardly any place in US (a physical store, very few) to audition IEMs, so CanJam NYC is a big deal regardless of the fact that probably 75% of the show was focused on headphones and desktop gear. SGP is like Mecca of iems and DAPs, thus I was surprised to see anybody from SGP being interested in NYC show. Nothing wrong with that, definitely makes sense for manufacturers to spread the word and to get in touch with retailers like Musicteck and Bloom. But I'm just curious about other head-fiers, like yourself, flying to NYC from SGP, when SGP show is just around the corner and probably will be the other way around with at least 75% focused on IEMs and DAPs.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #51,759 of 89,328
Were you in Bloom room on Sat or Sun? Cause I was there on Sat, next to Jeff listening to CFA iems.

Now, for a serious question :D You are from SGP, right? I was quite surprised to see and to chat with Crin at the show, he is the same Crin in person as he is in his videos. Also met Chang from Subtonic Audio, very nice guy, and he had a group of people with him, maybe you were there as well. There is hardly any place in US (a physical store, very few) to audition IEMs, so CanJam NYC is a big deal regardless of the fact that probably 75% of the show was focused on headphones and desktop gear. SGP is like Mecca of iems and DAPs, thus I was surprised to see anybody from SGP being interested in NYC show. Nothing wrong with that, definitely makes sense for manufacturers to spread the word and to get in touch with retailers like Musicteck and Bloom. But I'm just curious about other head-fiers, like yourself, flying to NYC from SGP, when SGP show is just around the corner and probably will be the other way around with at least 75% focused on IEMs and DAPs.
I was there on Saturday. I'm not sure if you were in the room at the same time as me, but if you were there when Crin walked in with a camera and announced that the Trifecta was garbage then you certainly were. I did also briefly hang around Chang, but not too consistently; mostly around the early afternoon on Saturday and as people were packing up shop on Sunday.

As for why I was in NYC, I just happened to be in the east coast for the bulk of February and realized that Canjam NYC was right around the corner, so I extended my trip by a week to do some shopping in NYC and then attend the event. Had I not already been in the US, I definitely wouldn't have shown up; it was simply fortuitous timing, as well as somewhat making up for the fact that I wasn't at Canjam Socal 2021 despite apparent popular demand.

Mar 9, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #51,760 of 89,328
I just don’t understand the hypersensitivity. My view is that every comment on this entire site is given with an implied IMHO. Fark me for the number of times I’ve read about the “boring”, “lifeless”, “unexciting” u12t, I just DGAF.

Mmm, I think I smell popcorn
So boring that it’s one of the most sold IEM new and used even after over 5 years. 🤔

Boring or not, many people likes it. Including myself. I may be a boring person. 🤭

Mar 9, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #51,761 of 89,328
So boring that it’s one of the most sold IEM new and used even after over 5 years. 🤔

Boring or not, many people likes it. Including myself. I may be a boring person. 🤭
You’re not boring mate :information_desk_person:

It’s actually crazy to imagine how many years U12T has dominated now that you mention it.

In consumer electronics, 5 years is a lifetime. Testament of 64A being far ahead of the curve and doing a fabulous job tuning their product.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Mar 9, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #51,762 of 89,328
I am displeased to report that it is, in fact, far from final, and that not only will I be at Canjam Singapore next month, but I will likely be at every Canjam NYC from this year onwards for the foreseeable future. If this is an issue you are free to take it up with me in person should you happen to see me at any one of these events. Happy listening!
Never heard of you before. I don't want to read any more of your posts. I don't want to talk to you in SG. If you say hello to me, I will most likely saw hello to you back to be pleasant, but make no mistake, you are going on ignore and I don't want anything to do with you ever again. Good bye.

Mar 9, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #51,763 of 89,328
Never heard of you before. I don't want to read any more of your posts. I don't want to talk to you in SG. If you say hello to me, I will most likely saw hello to you back to be pleasant, but make no mistake, you are going on ignore and I don't want anything to do with you ever again. Good bye.
And you are…?

Mar 9, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #51,765 of 89,328
Here's a stitch in time, to save nine.

Posting Etiquette:
  1. Be polite. We encourage debating in the forums, but please avoid defamatory statements, personal attacks, racial slurs, name-calling, and cursing at others in the forums.

Posting Guidelines:
  1. Be excellent to each other.
  2. Treat others with the same respect and dignity that you would expect back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back