The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 11, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #4,111 of 88,256
I heard the Campfire Andromeda 2020 and the 64 Audio U12t and Duo at CanJam socal. I like the Andromeda more than the other 2 IEMs, but not enough to buy any of them. I did really like the bass on the IE900 and since the sale was so good, I bought it. Was considering move it on, but I like it too much. I like to rotate it for walking around outside with Isabellae and M9. 3 different signatures and all very good.

Yes I would like to try first, hopefully in London at some point as I think there are stockists there.

IE900 still a regular for me, Dunu Zen also - Isa and M9 have been parked a bit of late, again due to buds!

Nov 11, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #4,112 of 88,256
Yes I would like to try first, hopefully in London at some point as I think there are stockists there.

IE900 still a regular for me, Dunu Zen also - Isa and M9 have been parked a bit of late, again due to buds!

I feel I could retire right now with the Duo, Dorado & Shanling M8 and never look back. @Tchoupitoulas you need to hear the Duo...I think it may be just the IEM you're looking for.

Nov 11, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #4,113 of 88,256
I feel I could retire right now with the Duo, Dorado & Shanling M8 and never look back. @Tchoupitoulas you need to hear the Duo...I think it may be just the IEM you're looking for.

I am the same and in no hurry for more IEMs for the moment. I bought one more bud today and that's it for now, just happened to be a good deal for 11.11 on a set that were on the radar!

Nov 11, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #4,114 of 88,256
Anybody seen the new Mest being released, it has 2 extra ESTs, $1000 more expensive and it's beautiful .
First EXT, then Duo and now this .This thing never ends... sigh ,lol one temptation after the other.

Nov 11, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #4,115 of 88,256
Anybody seen the new Mest being released, it has 2 extra ESTs, $1000 more expensive and it's beautiful .
First EXT, then Duo and now this .This thing never ends... sigh ,lol one temptation after the other.

MEST 2 didn't do much for me so I don't imagine I'll be that tempted by MEST 3. Ext is the one thing I'm super stoked for right now. But yeah, the temptation never ends until you log out of this site and walk away.

Nov 11, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #4,116 of 88,256
MEST 2 didn't do much for me so I don't imagine I'll be that tempted by MEST 3. Ext is the one thing I'm super stoked for right now. But yeah, the temptation never ends until you log out of this site and walk away.
Now that's the voice of Wisdom!
No, now that I think about it, that's the voice of discenrment. Wisdom would be actually walkin' away - and none of us seem to have exhibited that yet

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #4,117 of 88,256
I'm surprised you say you'd pick these 2, aren't these the most similar in you collection?

Nov 11, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #4,118 of 88,256
I'm surprised you say you'd pick these 2, aren't these the most similar in you collection?

Yes & no-- the above was just a statement of how I'm feeling at this very moment...and Duo is the new shiny. That said I've always imagined I could ride into the sunset with two IEMS-- one with a more balanced presentation and another with a more "basshead" leaning-- and my current double Ds fullfil both of those ideals collectively, relative to my tastes and musical preferences, as well as anything I've heard within my current budget. Throw the Traillii in for good measure and I'm extra certain I could be done and not look back.

Nov 11, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #4,119 of 88,256
Yes & no-- the above was just a statement of how I'm feeling at this very moment...and Duo is the new shiny. That said I've always imagined I could ride into the sunset with two IEMS-- one with a more balanced presentation and another with a more "basshead" leaning-- and my current double Ds fullfil both of those ideals collectively, relative to my tastes and musical preferences, as well as anything I've heard within my current budget. Throw the Traillii in for good measure and I'm extra certain I could be done and not look back.
Fair enough. Are you planning on doing a review of the Duo?

Nov 11, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #4,120 of 88,256
Fair enough. Are you planning on doing a review of the Duo?

Maybe...it's hard to find time lately...most of my in depth reviews have been written while I'm on summer or Christmas holidays. They are definitely inspiring me enough to want to-- we'll see where I'm at in a couple weeks.

Nov 11, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #4,121 of 88,256
Welp I just impulse ordered a PW #5 from Accessory Jack. In other news I really want to hear an Acoustune IEM.

Nov 11, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #4,122 of 88,256
Yeah. I saw it. It's beautiful. I will probably buy it just based on how good it looks.

Nov 11, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #4,123 of 88,256
Welp I just impulse ordered a PW #5 from Accessory Jack. In other news I really want to hear an Acoustune IEM.
I don't see that as a problem. You need a new cable for the Duo and this is a good one. Did you get the 4-wire or 8-wire?

Nov 11, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #4,125 of 88,256
Lol, I don't blame you. I was staring for a while.
It's gonna sound good. I already know that. I like every UM IEM I've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back