The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 10, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #4,068 of 88,246
Aweome...there aren't any Polaris II available here anymore and they very seldomly appear on the used market....but I'll definitely be tempted if one ever does pop up. Have you ever heard the OG Vega? There is a one available at a very low price and I've always wanted to hear one....curious if it's still relevant or sufficiently different from the Atlas to be worth it at this point. I was actually contemplating an Onyx before I got carried away with the Duo (which I'll get to hear later today...can't wait for that)..but if reports of the Onyx are positive I may still jump one as quite reasonably priced.

Can’t you get a Polaris II from the ALO Audio Deals website? Says they are available from $299 — $499 and range from B-Stock down to acceptable condition?

Nov 10, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #4,069 of 88,246
Can’t you get a Polaris II from the ALO Audio Deals website? Says they are available from $299 — $499 and range from B-Stock down to acceptable condition?

Yes but all they have available are "acceptable" and the next one up from that and I've seen what they consider "acceptable" and it aint pretty.

In other news:

D4131A30-9100-4366-BE2C-004674854FBB.JPEG

I won't have a chance for a demo until later though.

Nov 10, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #4,071 of 88,246
Man, I had a Polaris 2 I just sold. (I know, not helpful)

Nov 10, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #4,072 of 88,246
QQ: Reading about the Elysium and staring at the pics I can't seem to find a vent, although I'd expect one based on the DD. Doesn't it have one maybe (because there's some different kind of pressure relief system in place perhaps)? Tnx...

drftr

Nov 10, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #4,073 of 88,246
QQ: Reading about the Elysium and staring at the pics I can't seem to find a vent, although I'd expect one based on the DD. Doesn't it have one maybe (because there's some different kind of pressure relief system in place perhaps)? Tnx...

drftr
There's no vent. The DD is doing the mids ,so that's probably the reason.
The shape of the shell is just perfect IMO. It sits snugly in the ears with a low profile.The only potential issue could be the nozzle thickness though, I had to find the right tips and size down to get a comfortable fit.

Nov 10, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #4,074 of 88,246
The only potential issue could be the nozzle thickness though, I had to find the right tips and size down to get a comfortable fit.
Maybe I should put more effort into finding out why exactly the left side of my temporary XM4 keeps working its way out of my ear then. I don't think they're known for its thick or short nozzle or so as I can't remember having read that. So it could very well be my left ear canal :frowning2: And if that's the case I wonder whether a longer, shorter, thinner, or thicker nozzle on my new IEMs could be a solution or that it's down to trying to find maybe grippier tips or so. The problem disappears though when using the included foamies (which are truly exceptionally comfortable for me - I could probably keep them in for 24 hrs) but those suck big time sound-wise. Makes me wonder whether I should invest in new IEMs or in new ears...

drftr

Nov 10, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #4,075 of 88,246
Maybe I should put more effort into finding out why exactly the left side of my temporary XM4 keeps working its way out of my ear then. I don't think they're known for its thick or short nozzle or so as I can't remember having read that. So it could very well be my left ear canal :frowning2: And if that's the case I wonder whether a longer, shorter, thinner, or thicker nozzle on my new IEMs could be a solution or that it's down to trying to find maybe grippier tips or so. The problem disappears though when using the included foamies (which are truly exceptionally comfortable for me - I could probably keep them in for 24 hrs) but those suck big time sound-wise. Makes me wonder whether I should invest in new IEMs or in new ears...

drftr
Fortunately there are a lot of different shapes of eartips with different material. I think there's a big chance you can find a a solution in most cases. I have tried many IEMs and never once happened that an IEM wasn't for me solely because of unresolvable fit issues.
FWIW my left ear canal is smaller and is slightly different in form form the right one , sometimes I go a size down in the left ear.

Nov 10, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #4,077 of 88,246
BTW I have the same exact issue with Spinfits usually.The left one pops out after a while. So It's worth looking at other tip options.

Nov 10, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #4,079 of 88,246
Ever found out whether it was shape or material related for you? Not that it would have to be the same for me but for sure I would want to start there.

drftr
I think it's a combination of both. But has to do more with the shape maybe.
My favourites are Azlasedna (all the variants) ,Spiral Dots and now Radius Deep Mount.

Nov 10, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #4,080 of 88,246
I think it's a combination of both. But has to do more with the shape maybe.
My favourites are Azlasedna (all the variants) ,Spiral Dots and now Radius Deep Mount.
Radius Deep Mount…hmmmm these names are very suggestive…😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back