The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Sep 23, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #35,971 of 90,094
I was going to wait until tomorrow to start this but it will help me this weekend if we get a head start today. It's officially fall up here in the northern hemisphere which means it's time for our seasonal poll.

Survey: What are the top 3 IEMs that own your heart right now?

Criteria for selection is entirely up to you-- favourites, new loves...what 3 IEMs are occupying your mind and heart at this moment in time? To see the results of the summer and spring polls head to the opening page of the Watercooler thread.

Sep 23, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #35,972 of 90,094
I was going to wait until tomorrow to start this but it will help me this weekend if we get a head start today. It's officially fall up here in the northern hemisphere which means it's time for our seasonal poll.

Criteria for selection is entirely up to you-- favourites, new loves...what 3 IEMs are occupying your mind and heart at this moment in time? To see the results of the summer and spring polls head to the opening page of the Watercooler thread.

First to respond!
  1. Jewel
  2. Indigo
  3. Phonix

Sep 23, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #35,973 of 90,094

1. Viking Ragnar - Dreamy ethereal vocals and overall transparent sound. It's been making me want to listen to more Jazz & female vocals lately.
2. Traillii - Shuffle safe. It's a great all rounder.
3. XE6 - My favourite for energetic genres such as EDM, R&B, Metalcore. Side grade for pop, jazz, some classical with Ragnar and Traillii.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #35,974 of 90,094
1) Jewel
2) VE Ext
3) Oriolius Szalayi

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #35,975 of 90,094
Sep 23, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #35,976 of 90,094
fixed it

Sep 23, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #35,977 of 90,094
Since I havent heard much new stuff lately, my list is, in no particular order, my current lineup:
1. 64 Audio Duo
2. JH Jolene
3. Oriolus Szalayi

The szalayi gets most of my eartime right now mainly because its the most comfortable, and a lot of my ear time isnt specifically just for listening to music.

Sep 23, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #35,978 of 90,094

1. UM MEST Indigo | no explanation needed
2. Senheiser IE 600 | very solid and engaging sound, extremely good passive noise isolation, my on-the-go IEM
3. Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk | perfect fit for me, useful as in ear monitors for drumming on e-drums, as well as plain music enjoyment.

Sep 23, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #35,979 of 90,094
My listening style has changed, less classical/jazz but leaning more to electronic recently. The following is in no particular order.

1. CIEM UM Indigo
2. CIEM Elysian DIVA
3. Campfire Equinox

Sidenote: The Equinox and DIVA complement each other perfectly. Coherency, tuning, technology are very different.

Sep 23, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #35,982 of 90,094
Sep 23, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #35,984 of 90,094

Users who are viewing this thread

Back