The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 7, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #31,456 of 87,718
I heard the LPGT and liked it, has more amplification power than P6K and my belief is better dynamics because of that. I have not heard the Ti version.
Also waiting on LP7 before I consider any DAP changes.

Is there any indication of release date yet for LP7? I adore P6K with Traillii, so the upgrade to LPGT / or Ti is very tempting... the fact the latter seems to be brighter vs OG, I'm concerned on how it might pair with Jewel however!

Aug 7, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #31,457 of 87,718
Is there any indication of release date yet for LP7? I adore P6K with Traillii, so the upgrade to LPGT / or Ti is very tempting... the fact the latter seems to be brighter vs OG, I'm concerned on how it might pair with Jewel however!
The OG was just as warm as the P6K to me.

That snap shot of the preliminary UI for the LP7 is the last piece of info I have. @bluestorm1992 may have something to add. Next year I hope we can try one.

Meanwhile morning tea with Rosie P6P XE6 and Esmerine Dalmak.

3F13CD50-4C10-485E-9795-3A6DCA5C9F5F.jpeg

BD901676-EC23-4249-84FA-6EA50CCE1314.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #31,458 of 87,718
The OG was just as warm as the P6K to me.
That snap shot of the preliminary UI for the LP7 is the last piece of info I have. @bluestorm1992 may have something to add.
Next year I hope we can try one.

Next year and probably the next production batch if you haven't sent a blank check to Andrew to hold you a spot on a waiting list for the first batch :D I remember someone mentioned 20-30 people on the list already.

Aug 7, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #31,459 of 87,718
I'm planning another high end DAP to complement my M9 - non Android this time. I was considering the LPGT Ti but I'm concerned it might lean too bright and analytical - could be good with Traillii but not sure on Jewel. P6Pro has been the plan for a while, but the lack of gapless playback and a new model on the horizon is holding me back.

Any further info out there on the new L&P? And indeed anyone try LPGT Ti with Traillii and Jewel?
I’d wait next Month new LP…
Andrew could confirm it.
Would cost around 1500$ and will have similar dac/amp boards system as N6ii.
In this pics, from left to right, you can see how is bigger than DX240, DX300/320, N6ii boards.

3A340DB4-C6AA-4FE8-865C-3C25F9496606.jpeg

Aug 7, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #31,460 of 87,718
Next year and probably the next production batch if you haven't sent a blank check to Andrew to hold you a spot on a waiting list for the first batch :D I remember someone mentioned 20-30 people on the list already.

Sorry Alex I should have mentioned you as well, you do likely get info and units before the rest of us.

Thanks, in no hurry I can wait to demo first. Have to make sure I like it, no time to waste trying to sell something I do not like, for me all purchases are forever. I know that is not the normal approach here on the Cooler, makes me a turtle, luckily I live where we can demo lots of gear before purchase.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #31,461 of 87,718
I use Traillii with LPGT and... Oh my god, it's an incredible combination.
The best I've heard. Touch transmits the recording in the most detailed and natural sound. Traillii adds a bit of emotion. And it's just a crazy synergistic combo.

So if you're looking to upgrade the 6k to LPGT, I'm sure you'll be happy with the gain.

I compared LPGT with LP6 (not titanium), and in my opinion, first of all, the difference is quite small.
Secondly, it is in favor of LPGT if naturalness is needed.
LP6 is slightly fatter, meatier and more comfortable at high frequencies. I don't think that's what Trallii needs.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #31,462 of 87,718
I use Traillii with LPGT and... Oh my god, it's an incredible combination.
The best I've heard. Touch transmits the recording in the most detailed and natural sound. Traillii adds a bit of emotion. And it's just a crazy synergistic combo.

So if you're looking to upgrade the 6k to LPGT, I'm sure you'll be happy with the gain.

I compared LPGT with LP6 (not titanium), and in my opinion, first of all, the difference is quite small.
Secondly, it is in favor of LPGT if naturalness is needed.
LP6 is slightly fatter, meatier and more comfortable at high frequencies. I don't think that's what Trallii needs.

Thank you. Yes I do expect LPGT Ti to pair well with Traillii, especially with how much I love the bird with P6k - not so sure how it might be with Jewel though.

Aug 7, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #31,463 of 87,718
Very interesting, I hadn't heard of this until now, since I don't have much interest in vinyl (other than nostalgia). But I think this guy sums it up very neatly (no need to watch the whole thing, just watch from 11:10 - 12:30):

I think it's really cool listening to classic vinyl, that's how I first heard music as a kid after all, but if I want to hear the very best presentation of a track, it's always from a digital source. I may enjoy the vinyl presentation - heck even Sony gives a nod to vinyl 'distortion' as part of its DSEE DSP settings, which I love playing with - but to claim it's the best version of something seems a bit flat-earthish imo.

I am amazed this is still an issue. I do feel Vinyl ( analogue) is still the best, but only if the recording is mastered from the master tape which was recorded in analogue. But it will still not be night and day different assuming the listener has a top DAC and a top Vinyl playback system. And this will not be inexpensive. I went in deep and love my vinyl, but I can play CD’s that are awfully close. And today I would be shocked if any recording were done in the analogue world. I would think they are all digital. The issue should be was it recorded in hires, not just cd quality ( in other words, higher than 44.1khz)?

And most important, was the recording made well with appropriate miking, etc so that it is not overly bright and compressed. This is more important than any vinyl vs digital debate. If you start with garbage, you will be stuck with garbage.

Aug 7, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #31,464 of 87,718
Yeah I remember going to some length to track down a vinyl rip of one of my favourite albums on DSD 256...what a monumental disappointment. There was so much noise and crackling I could hardly stand it.
I do not know what type of vinyl systems some of you are talking about. A top vinyl system is quiet. There can certainly be the occasional pop or click, but they should be rare.

Aug 7, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #31,465 of 87,718
one tick is one to many pops

Aug 7, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #31,466 of 87,718
I do not know what type of vinyl systems some of you are talking about. A top vinyl system is quiet. There can certainly be the occasional pop or click, but they should be rare.

Maybe my experience wasn't representative but it was enough to turn me off pursuing vinyl rips of my favorite recordings. My guess is that most vinyl rips out there weren't done on ideal systems under ideal conditions.

Aug 7, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #31,468 of 87,718
Aug 7, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #31,469 of 87,718
Aug 7, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #31,470 of 87,718
I believe the disparity of opinions are coming from having different sources, which heavily impacts how one perceives an iem in respect to whether it's properly amped up or not.

I think source is massively important-- but a lot more so with some IEMs than others. I've only demoed the Jewel twice-- once on my M8 and again on my M9. On my M8 the highs were overdone and I didn't enjoy Jewel all that much. Conversely on the M9 it was perfect during my brief demo on that player I got a sense of why the IEM is so revered. Traillii, on the other hand, has sounded great to me on everything I've plugged it into.

The highest rated IEM from this group sounded meh with my music library. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Sound just like beauty is in the ear of the beholder. I have said this often but for me once you hit about $1K (or just below in a few cases) you're at a point where improvements will be mostly in the arena of fine tuning and personal preferences. I can appreciate the higher tier sets but I haven't found one yet that can top my favorite kilobuck sets when it comes simply to sustained personal enjoyment. I envy many of you who can hoover up everything on the market with impunity-- this has never been an option for me...every purchase requires careful thought and judicious sacrifice. Fortunately right now we are living through a golden age of portable audio where it's possible for anyone to find many avenues for bliss at whatever price tier they're operating on.

I’d wait next Month new LP…
Andrew could confirm it.
Would cost around 1500$ and will have similar dac/amp boards system as N6ii.
In this pics, from left to right, you can see how is bigger than DX240, DX300/320, N6ii boards.

Looks snazzy...I kind of vowed myself off modular players after the n6ii but i'll await impressions of this one with baited breath.

for me all purchases are forever. I know that is not the normal approach here on the Cooler, makes me a turtle, luckily I live where we can demo lots of gear before purchase.

I think it's more the exception than the rule. Between yourself, Scuba, Claud, Hawaii and Damz you've got (almost) everything on the market covered.

In other news-- what do people around here think of and mean by "dynamics". That's another one of those terms that I see used in a variety of ways and I don't yet have a clear sense of what it means.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back