The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 3, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #31,096 of 90,044
Don't remember exactly...I think it was Atrium Stock and Suede perforated.

Tubes and Class A for LX bring too much attention to the lower portion of the FR. It worked with the Layla, though.
I don't pair my LX with my C9. It is M9 => LX on plane rides.

For me, class a drives resolution and tubes cut the sharp edges. Perfect for full sized headphones.

Aug 3, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #31,097 of 90,044
I don't pair my LX with my C9. It is M9 => LX on plane rides.

For me, class a drives resolution and tubes cut the sharp edges. Perfect for full sized headphones.
I will definitely play with the settings when I finally get my hands on the Atrium. (the only reason I got the C9)

Aug 3, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #31,099 of 90,044
Just tried sednaearfit max on Evo. Not to my taste!!! Just pushed sound forward and lost depth in sound stage. Made mids very shouty & highs brighter. Lost a little bass
I bought the Azla Max and use them on my Sony XM4s. They are very soft, but i don't like what it does to sound. Seems to soften things up. Not crisp.

Aug 3, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #31,100 of 90,044
Jomo released their last flagship GT600 Gran Tourer

Specifications:

• Unibody Forged Carbon Fiber Chassis (UIEM Only)
• 4 Sonion Electrostatics (Super High)
• 6 Sonion/Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers (2 Low-Mids, 2 Mid-Highs, 2 Highs)
• 2 Tesla Dynamic Driver with electronic tuned phase adjustment
• 10mm Co-Axial Dual Diaphragm (GADD)
• Super Carbon Nanotube (SCNT) Diaphragm
• 6 ways passive crossover
• 4 sound bores
• Frequency Range: 1 0Hz ~ 80kHz
• Impedance: 1 0 Ohms

2D73449E-DDC0-4CB6-B3E9-28057D1FCDDE.jpeg

2E5F4D45-F9E7-4A34-94A3-5191ED7A4479.jpeg

Aug 3, 2022 at 7:26 PM Post #31,101 of 90,044
Thanks for the suggestion. I have more flexible budget but I do have a very special (maybe unique here) use of this DAP: I spent two hours jogging every day, and I will bring the DAP with me. I know it is crazy for most people, but that's a huge chunk of my music time and I just don't want to go TWS with lower SQ.

From the thread of R5 Gen2, there are some comments that SQ is not as good as DX160, at least at the ECO mode. Even at class A mode, it is at best on par with DX160. Hopefully I will have better ideal from your review.

Beside DX170, I am also considering Hiby RS2, which will be releasing soon. I never have any experience of R2R, and therefore very interested in it.
Honestly man, I just bought the Cayin N3Pro and love it. Definitely more of the guilty pleasure, fun and engaging sound. It's under $500 USD and could be another option for you to consider.

I'm relinquishing M11 Plus ESS into the wild and sticking with the N3Pro. Everything about it from the size, sound and simplicity of it with the miniaturized tube setup is what makes it compelling so long as you don't care about streaming and dont need all the more polished features around software and UI.

Aug 3, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #31,102 of 90,044
Honestly man, I just bought the Cayin N3Pro and love it. Definitely more of the guilty pleasure, fun and engaging sound. It's under $500 USD and could be another option for you to consider.

I'm relinquishing M11 Plus ESS into the wild and sticking with the N3Pro. Everything about it from the size, sound and simplicity of it with the miniaturized tube setup is what makes it compelling so long as you don't care about streaming and dont need all the more polished features around software and UI.
Thanks, will consider. I previous have hesitation regarding the SQ, vaguely remember that there are some issue, for example, tube mode only has 3.5mm, etc. I will go back and read more review.

Aug 3, 2022 at 7:49 PM Post #31,103 of 90,044
Just sharing my impression Aroma Jewel vs EE Odin is anyone is interested:

Sound signature wise, Jewel is a neutral “reference” tuning iem with emphasis on vocal.
Odin is a more fun and coloured iem with slightly elevated bass and lower-treble boost.

Jewel sounds more organic and wetter. Odin is more artificial, coarser and drier.

Jewel is a detail monster - comfortably beats Odin which previously considered to be top-tier iem for detail retrieval.
Instrument separation is just outstanding, texture is vividly presented.

Jewel bass is pretty good but it does not punch as hard nor produce rumble as prominent as Odin. Odin bass is just livelier.

Jewel puts more emphasis on lower mid which gives warmth to vocal, while Odin focuses more on upper mid.
Jewel vocal is full body with sweet rich harmony. Odin vocal in comparison sounds unrefined.

Jewel treble has excellent detail, smooth with just enough sparkle.
Odin has elevated and more intrusive lower treble.

Jewel has huge soundstage, very spacious and airy. While Odin is more intimate.

A5D54056-0C15-43F9-AC15-919341BE61B2.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #31,104 of 90,044

Sound signature wise, Jewel is a neutral “reference” tuning iem with emphasis on vocal.
Odin is a more fun and coloured iem with slightly elevated bass and lower-treble boost.

Jewel sounds more organic and wetter. Odin is more artificial, coarser and drier.

Jewel is a detail monster - comfortably beats Odin which previously considered to be top-tier iem for detail retrieval.

Jewel bass is pretty good but it does not punch as hard nor produce rumble as prominent as Odin. Odin bass is just livelier.

Jewel puts more emphasis on lower mid which gives warmth to focus, while Odin focuses more on upper mid.
Jewel vocal is full body with sweet rich harmony. Odin vocal in comparison sounds unrefined.

A5D54056-0C15-43F9-AC15-919341BE61B2.jpeg

Those Odin shells are 🔥

Aug 3, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #31,105 of 90,044
Those Odin shells are 🔥
Only IEMs I've had where guys were staring at me. It turns out they were looking at the Odins. Now, I don't listen to them outside of my home.

Aug 3, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #31,106 of 90,044

Jewel puts more emphasis on lower mid which gives warmth to focus, while Odin focuses more on upper mid.

Your impressions are similar to mine for this duel. Jewel is better overall. Odin has better bass. Jewel has better mids and treble. The Odin dryness/coarseness goes away with the right source. RS6 works great with it. But, RS6 make Jewel better, too. LP6 really does wonders to both of them.

I view Odin more as having reference tuning, but I do agree that it has a fun element to it. The Odins sound spectacular with the Woo Audio WA8 portable tube amp. It goes way outside the reference box with that amp.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #31,107 of 90,044
Those Odin shells are 🔥

(Many) Men: “I dont understand why women obsessed with shiny jewellery”
Also men: *EE Odin* 😍

Aug 3, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #31,110 of 90,044
This cable is beautiful... both looking and sounding.

IMG_3181.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back