The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 3, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #31,066 of 89,068
Well the Amazon store card was a factor haha

But I will be getting an Indigo and the Cayin N6ii w/ R01 here in a few weeks.

I opted for the Questyle M15 over Cayin RU6 since R01 is similar but better and thought RU6 would be redundant and the Questyle just looks so cool and the reviews for it are all solid.

And I have to have a single DD in the mix and all the love I’ve heard from @Scuba Devils and others made me make the jump along with its form factor, as I’ve never had a bullet style iem. I’m super excited to get them! I’m hoping they pair well with the M15. We shall see in a few days.
Wow. You move quickly. Congrats. You are making expert choices.

Aug 3, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #31,067 of 89,068
Aug 3, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #31,068 of 89,068
Aug 3, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #31,069 of 89,068
Finally got around to trying the SpinFit W1 tips on the Aroma Audio Thunder. These are the ones that will stay here! Sound stage opened up just slightly from the AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC and the frequency response seemed to even out top to bottom. They are also amazingly comfortable to my ears! This are great tips I will be getting more and also trying the SpinFit tips for my WF-1000 XM4!

I am truly glad they are working so well as they were almost as hard to get them on the Thunder as opening the metal box I got with the Thunder!

In other news the Liquid Links Martini will be here today :)

IMG_3176.jpg

Aug 3, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #31,070 of 89,068
Aug 3, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #31,071 of 89,068
Finally got around to trying the SpinFit W1 tips on the Aroma Audio Thunder. These are the ones that will stay here! Sound stage opened up just slightly from the AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC and the frequency response seemed to even out top to bottom. They are also amazingly comfortable to my ears! This are great tips I will be getting more and also trying the SpinFit tips for my WF-1000 XM4!

I am truly glad they are working so well as they were almost as hard to get them on the Thunder as opening the metal box I got with the Thunder!

Just another example that tips fitting is really personal, YMMV. I tried W1 and they simply do not work for me. As soon as I put them inside my ear, the springy umbrella pushed the IEM back a bit and totally break the seal. I tried on multiple IEMs, including XM4 (which, up to today, I still cannot figure out a way to make sure it safely stay in my ears, and I am searching for ear hook type or similar stuff to help. Too bad the SQ of XM4 is the best among the TWS I tried). I will return the W1 today. Another complaint for W1 is that you simply can't find the same size tips package to purchase, meaning you are going to waste two for each one bought.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #31,073 of 89,068
Not too exciting but DX170 ordered! As a DX160 successor I have to check it out. I sold the SP2000 twice in favor for the DX160 a few years back. I also need something that’s more pocket friendly during these summer months as the N8ii gets toasty. :)
I loved my DX160 despite it's horrible wifi support. Streaming was pretty difficult because of it. Only way to listen to Tidal was to download music first. Sound quality and form factor are excellent. Let us know how it goes.

Aug 3, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #31,074 of 89,068
I loved my DX160 despite it's horrible wifi support. Streaming was pretty difficult because of it. Only way to listen to Tidal was to download music first. Sound quality and form factor are excellent. Let us know how it goes.

Omg I forgot about the Wi-Fi 😂 yes it was awful on the 160. Hopefully it’s improved here. 🤞🏽

Aug 3, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #31,076 of 89,068
Alex and I posted some quick first impressions about the same in the DX170 thread. Alex's here and mine here.
Thanks for the review, I am looking for a replacement of my DX160. Since I will use it outdoors, wifi or even bluetooth is not issue for me.

Aug 3, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #31,077 of 89,068
Omg I forgot about the Wi-Fi 😂 yes it was awful on the 160. Hopefully it’s improved here. 🤞🏽
The DX160 punched way above its price point. And, it is light. I think I will pass on this one. It pretty much overlaps with the RS6 use case and I love and prefer the R2R DAC.

Aug 3, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #31,078 of 89,068

IMG_3176.jpg
Wow looks like I’d buy it!
Thanks for sharing, @Scuba Devils did you compare W1 with Azla max on thunder?☺️🙏🏻

Aug 3, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #31,079 of 89,068
Aug 3, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #31,080 of 89,068

Users who are viewing this thread

Back