The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 30, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #30,602 of 88,242
Not sure I'm ready to spend A$5/10k on either of those sources specifically to 'fix' the midrange of the Z1R.

Might as well just get an Xe6 (or 2) instead :ksc75smile:
That's small change in this part of the woods :sweat_smile: On the flip side, what would it cost for a source to temper the overloaded midbass and lower mids of the Xe6?:smirk:

Jul 30, 2022 at 8:04 AM Post #30,603 of 88,242
That's small change in this part of the woods :sweat_smile: On the flip side, what would it cost for a source to temper the overloaded midbass and lower mids of the Xe6?:smirk:
Do not hear the XE6 that way,
maybe he will like it.
Lots of preferences at work here.

Unbelievable bass with tons of details,
and we’ll done airy highs. Mids are fine also high energy, and the same level of detail, all put together the package works for my listening.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 8:06 AM Post #30,604 of 88,242
Do not hear the XE6 that way,
maybe he will like it.
Lots of preferences at work here.
Yep, preferences and music choices are at the crux of the entire debate.

Edit: and hearing profile/ability.

Jul 30, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #30,605 of 88,242
Luxury & Precision just unveiled a new product in Nanjing. Looks interesting. :)

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg08.jpg
Interesting. Let's see what will happen with the sound and the price. Touch screen is not cheap)
And, it would seem, what is Hiby for?)

Jul 30, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #30,606 of 88,242
I think I mentioned previously an electronic music group I've been a member of for many years. The admin of the group has held polls over the years to the over 5k members to create various lists of the best electronic albums, as chosen/voted for by the members. This latest covers the top 250 best electronic albums of the 20th century, a fantastic list and I'd say I own the vast majority of them. I also agree with a lot of the rankings, many of which are from the 90s, a golden era these genres.

Anyway, might be of interest to some here.

https://www.twgeema.com/best-electronic-music-20th-century

Epic list...I got nostalgic looking through it. Controversial opinion maybe but I agree with whoever made that list that Autechre's 3 best albums are Incunubala, Amber and Tri Repetae...in that order. It was great to see Snivilization in the upper echelons as well. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: Kind of disappointed that more dub techno didn't appear-- I didn't see any Basic Channel on the list which imho is a huge oversight.

I got these IEMs because there was a lot of hype surrounding them.
And in my opinion, this model is very overrated.
Just comfortable IEMs that do not have very noticeable disadvantages.
And a rather mediocre sound.
Solaris SE were noticeably better. Greater dynamic range, more detail, more precise and defined sound.

+1 for Solaris SE love. Some of the best bass & mids I've ever heard. The highs were so-so, however...that's one area where the IER Z1R blows it out of the water.

Luxury & Precision just unveiled a new product in Nanjing. Looks interesting. :)

Awesome-- if this doesn't cost and arm and a leg I may look into one.

Hello from Canjam London.

64 Audio were close to the entrance and I jumped straight in and spent some time checking out a few of the range that sparked my interest - U18s, U12t, Forte and Duo.

Then sought out the Effect Audio stand and met @JordonEA. Great guy! I spent a bit of time there listening to the new Cleopatra 2 4w and 8w cables. I was a fan of both. I also tried out the Chiron 8w. Quite impressive.

I have to come topside to post as Canjam is in a basement venue with no phone signal. Anyway I’m going to dive back in…😃

Sweet...our man on the inside...looking forward to your impressions!

Yep, preferences and music choices are at the crux of the entire debate.

It's not even really a debate-- a debate implies there is a right and wrong position...but in these matters of personal preference there is no such thing. This is more of a discussion. I'm actually heartened that there such profound disagreements even among the highly experienced hobbyists who frequent this thread as it strengthens my naturally subjectivist pretensions relative to this hobby. We all like what we like and are all on a fundamentally personal journey.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #30,607 of 88,242
And how is the Diva itself?
I shared some stuff a week or so ago, I really like it.
$129 cable, that’s awesome to hear.

Btw, is the annihilator’s bass so light that it’s bad for EDM? How is jewel for EDM?
Annihilator isn’t bass light at all, its great for EDM. Jewel is also fantastic for EDM but it’s going for a tighter more controlled sound.

Jul 30, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #30,608 of 88,242
Interesting. Let's see what will happen with the sound and the price. Touch screen is not cheap)
And, it would seem, what is Hiby for?)
I think it was mentioned in the L&P thread it costs around 1.500$ with the future interchangeable modules about 30-40% of the player.

Jul 30, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #30,609 of 88,242
I’ve come up for air….

I’ve tried out some cool gear. This includes the new Storm IEM, the new Ode to Laura cable from Eletech and the Mojo 2. Also managed to listen to the Elysian X.

There’s 2.5 hours left and so it’s back to it.

Jul 30, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #30,610 of 88,242
Just got finished with a personal tour of the recording studio here in the Bahamas, The Sanctuary at Albany. The earliest signature on the sign in book was 2017, many artists have recorded here, couple examples Drake and Alicia Keys.

There were four small recording rooms, one large room for the main studio. Equipped with a Steinway Drum Kit and a Rhodes. I did get to play the Piano and the acoustics were very nice. The main engineering room with large mixing board and right behind it a lot of modular tech and racks.

What fun, some pictures.

54BA55B6-B31C-4416-A3C8-3C0D7B99F1E2.jpeg

34274B10-BCD4-4CDF-A12E-0BBEA9E0A67D.jpeg

F20AE81E-22D1-4367-8968-BA3A0C43C359.jpeg

D0A7CFA5-B406-4D13-A6A6-420B07E81EB8.jpeg

FEFF0568-6835-444A-BABD-B83FAC9B1A42.jpeg

D2DE0A2C-2551-4214-B11C-1DBDB42941A3.jpeg

7269DD3A-7C0B-492D-86FB-1621EF0BD067.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #30,612 of 88,242
Epic list...I got nostalgic looking through it. Controversial opinion maybe but I agree with whoever made that list that Autechre's 3 best albums are Incunubala, Amber and Tri Repetae...in that order. It was great to see Snivilization in the upper echelons as well. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: Kind of disappointed that more dub techno didn't appear-- I didn't see any Basic Channel on the list which imho is a huge oversight.

The list is made by nominations and voting so the ranking very much over a period of time from members of the Facebook group - I'm not surprised regarding Autechre, I lean very much towards their early and less experimental work and I'd see that reflected in the group for the most part.

I think dub techno grew in popularity coming more into the 21st century - there were certainly early works from the likes of Porter Ricks, Basic Channel, Monolake etc in the 90s but only really a handful relatively speaking vs techno, house, trance, IDM etc. Big fan myself though, but I guess like any voting system, only the most popular made the list!

Edit - good to see 'Hong Kong' by Monolake is there, fantastic album.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 30, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #30,613 of 88,242
Don’t settle if you like the u12t. Plenty of cases of people selling and buying it back again
It's an aim but i am not looking to arrange money for it in the next year or something. Fingers crossed for the best.

Jul 30, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #30,614 of 88,242
Can someone try the Campfire Trifecta?
I managed to try the Supermoon, but I couldn’t get to the Trifecta. There was always someone there using it and I was a bit too impatient to queue.

Jul 30, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #30,615 of 88,242
I’ve come up for air….

I’ve tried out some cool gear. This includes the new Storm IEM, the new Ode to Laura cable from Eletech and the Mojo 2. Also managed to listen to the Elysian X.

There’s 2.5 hours left and so it’s back to it.
Wait where are you listening to all this at ? Nvm lol I thought canjam London was in august

Users who are viewing this thread

Back