The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jun 15, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #27,136 of 91,357
I have been a bad boy, I just purchased the Yanyin Moonlight after reading a rave review from Dsnuts. $649 did not seem bad for a great performing tribrid. It comes with a decent cable, nice case , but only one set of tips. They know you will tip roll this IEM.

Jun 15, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #27,137 of 91,357
I have been a bad boy, I just purchased the Yanyin Moonlight after reading a rave review from @Dsnuts. $649 did not seem bad for a great performing tribrid. It comes with a decent cable, nice case , but only one set of tips. They know you will tip roll this IEM.

With a review like that I’m suprised you didn’t buy two!

I love this hybrid setup (DD, BAs, & ESTs). I have the SE11 & Cerberus with similar driver setups.

Report back!

Jun 15, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #27,138 of 91,357
I have been a bad boy, I just purchased the Yanyin Moonlight after reading a rave review from Dsnuts. $649 did not seem bad for a great performing tribrid. It comes with a decent cable, nice case , but only one set of tips. They know you will tip roll this IEM.
Wow!!! great shot, i'm tempted also...

Jun 15, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #27,139 of 91,357
With a review like that I’m suprised you didn’t buy two!

I love this hybrid setup (DD, BAs, & ESTs). I have the SE11 & Cerberus with similar driver setups.

Report back!
You missed Craft Ears Aurum :ksc75smile:
Looks a promising iem....

Jun 15, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #27,140 of 91,357
9B4708A4-BAC4-4268-A779-04927F3AC4F2.jpeg
Anyone fancy wearing a cardas copper cable bracelet?

https://mezeaudio.com/collections/merch/products/handcrafted-bracelet-copper

The silver one doesn't look half bad, I'll give them that.
I actually am waiting on the copper one for a few weeks now. Can't wait to receive. Have the matching cable for my Audezes, ZMF & Elite - great cable.

On topic though, I currently have the Vision Ears Tour Kit of Phonix & EXT.

Not as high on these now that they're in house vs when hearing at Canjam NYC. They're fantastic, especially EXT for the lesser money, but they're not quite the technical performer as say a Z1R.

More to come :)

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jun 15, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #27,141 of 91,357
Don’t think it’s an age thing, I have hires music, some extremely high like 352/32bits and 512DSD, and I stream as well. I also have a bunch of mp3s from 7digital as sometimes, that’s all there is. If I may add, whilst there are much to be enjoyed listening to hires stuff but if the master was crap, then it’s a case of GIGO — garbage in garbage out. There are boutique recordings like the One Mic series over at Sound Liaison or pure DSD at NativeDSD, both worth checking out btw, they’re really as good as it gets. There are also cases where the raw talent of the performers/artistes just outshine the poor recordings, a lot of Glenn Gould's stuff and early Martha Argerich albums are questionable, but the music is oh so mind-blowing that you don’t hear the flaws at all. 😊
Agree. Not an age thing! Like @efftee I have a range of music files from MP3 to DSD512. I then have subscriptions to both Spotify and Tidal. Will play my music files through Roon. Tidal is also connected to Roon which is how I discover new music. Another great source for new music is The Watercooler! Indispensable!

Spotify I use for casual listening over active speakers at home and in the car.

Dang it. I want one of those cases. I tried to buy one at CanJam NYC and they were sold out. I didn't know they were back into inventory.
If you go to Eltech’s site, you can enter your email address to be notified when the case is back in stock. I have just put myself on this list but not sure how effective this will be!

Jun 15, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #27,142 of 91,357
Hi Rockwell75,

I sent in my ear impressions on Tuesday morning (6/14), as Campfire Audio sent me a prepaid USPS shipping label the day after (6/13) my Supermoon ciem order was placed.

Ear impressions sent in (Tuesday, 6/14) for Supermoon audiophile-fit ciems.

And, knowing that this will be a set I’d have to commit to keeping and listening to for a great long while, I figured a Plus Sound 8-wire spc cable (looking to get in mmcx and balanced 4.4 by next month) should do just fine with Supermoon. For now though, I think the Plus Sound 4-wire spc cable in 4.4 balanced (which is currently on my IER-Z1R) should be a good pairing with Supermoon for the remainder of June (if my ciem is ready by next week, that is).

In any case, I hope the Supermoon is a good all-rounder with a fun/musical sound & presentation for most of the music I listen to, along with fit and comfort being top priority for a custom-fit.

I really hope you like it too. It's thrown my whole audio existence for a loop. For a while now I've thought that the idea of "one IEM to rule them all" for me was a fantasy...now I'm not so sure. How long will it be before you have them?

I actually am waiting on the copper one for a few weeks now. Can't wait to receive. Have the matching cable for my Audezes, ZMF & Elite - great cable.

On topic though, I currently have the Vision Ears Tour Kit of Phonix & EXT.

Not as high on these now that they're in house vs when hearing at Canjam NYC. They're fantastic, especially EXT for the lesser money, but they're not quite the technical performer as say a Z1R.

Neither are technicality-focused IEMs but I think EXT is a lot more technical than it sometimes gets credit for.

2E258CAA-737A-4BE7-A465-7AD8C7523F3B.jpeg

Just arrived. These are so darn feet tapping head bobbing fun! LX still my bass king though

Nice. EXT is by no means a "bass king"...but if you're after heart and soul there isn't much out there that can compete with them. Enjoy!

Jun 15, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #27,143 of 91,357
Just curious, does anyone know if the PW Audio cable that comes with the UM MEST Indigo is in the PW line or if it was specially built for these IEMs?
According to the @twister6 review it's a 4 wires with PVC shielding and nylon protective sleeve
22AWG gauge high grade OCC copper wires

Thanks!

pic3_1024x1024.jpg

Jun 15, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #27,145 of 91,357
After a relatively less stressful day at office, sat down to do some personal work...and Bam! Power cut, just as storm, rain, and lightning started outside (typical third world country problem). Welp, what else could I do then except getting out the M7 and enjoy some Neil Diamond through LOAK-T(CL)?

20220615_195533.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #27,146 of 91,357
Survey: Do you have any unconventional or controversial opinions in this hobby, or ideas/ideals that you feel are somewhat fringe? I’d be curious to hear them.
I cannot understand why the typical wide bore tips have so short stem. What's stopping them from making a long stem soft wide bore tip? I know, Azla has done it with Sednaearfit, but they can feel a bit stiff in times, and the generic wide bore tips may very well have longer stem like Sednaearfit does... What's stopping them?

Jun 15, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #27,149 of 91,357
I'm looking for some detailed explanation of how bone conduction works in an IEM like the ones from Unique Melody or the EE Legend EVO.

Something a little bit more detailed than this - that can be found on UM website :

1655307966489.png

I think it really is that simple. There's a thing that vibrates in your inner ear canal and enhances the viscernal/realness of what you're listening to. Qualitatively it's not unlike one of those "real life" Disney rides where you're watching a film showing an earthquake and your chair vibrates to add to the realism of the experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back