The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 27, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #2,686 of 87,849
Exciting times are afoot for us Canadian audiophiles.

I just heard from Marcel at VE and they're going to be sending me one EXT and one PHöNIX to host a Canadian tour. I'll be setting it up more formally in a dedicated thread but I wanted to share it here first :)

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #2,688 of 87,849
I have a pair of Reborn arriving Wednesday, really looking forward to hearing them, in @Rockwell75's ears I trust!

Aug 27, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #2,689 of 87,849
I have a pair of Reborn arriving Wednesday, really looking forward to hearing them, in @Rockwell75's ears I trust!

Can't wait for your thoughts! On the Reborn I EQ the upper mids down and the mid-bass up a touch but with that in place they're divine. Female vocals in particular are to die for.

Aug 28, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #2,690 of 87,849

I just heard from Marcel at VE and they're going to be sending me one EXT and one PHöNIX to host a Canadian tour. I'll be setting it up more formally in a dedicated thread but I wanted to share it here first :)
Rock,
PLEASE break the EXT in for at least 100 hours or whatever Marcel says. The twin DDs need it . Then all our Canadian brothers can get a proper review for the rest of us. I am really looking forward to the reviews.
You can plug the EXT into one of your DAPs and plug the DAP into your charger and start playing the music on your DAP

Aug 28, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #2,691 of 87,849

Very glad for you Canadians! Make it worthwhile guys - can't wait to read all about em. I wish there was a similar possibility for the UK/Europe. We never get any good IEM stuff...I've been tempted by the EXT but a chance to review/demo would certainly make the jump easier...

As an aside, this is post #1000 for me, it has been a pleasure becoming a part of the community. Here's to the future! :beerchug:

Aug 28, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #2,692 of 87,849
Rock,
PLEASE break the EXT in for at least 100 hours or whatever Marcel says. The twin DDs need it . Then all our Canadian brothers can get a proper review for the rest of us. I am really looking forward to the reviews.
You can plug the EXT into one of your DAPs and plug the DAP into your charger and start playing the music on your DAP

I'll probably listen to it for about 100 hours naturally anyway before sending it anywhere else. I hope we can get lots of interested Canadians as this is a great opportunity. I can see myself selling off a bunch of stuff to buy the EXT if I connect with it. Time will tell though.

Very glad for you Canadians! Make it worthwhile guys - can't wait to read all about em. I wish there was a similar possibility for the UK/Europe. We never get any good IEM stuff...I've been tempted by the EXT but a chance to review/demo would certainly make the jump easier...

As an aside, this is post #1000 for me, it has been a pleasure becoming a part of the community. Here's to the future! :beerchug:

Cheers man and congrats on the milestone-- it's been great having you here :)

Aug 28, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #2,693 of 87,849
Excellent, the Athena is fast, very transparent, but it seems to smooth out any stridency in the Isa, Which does not make absolute sense to me.
@Wildcatsare1 should be interesting try Medusa II on Isa…

Aug 28, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #2,694 of 87,849
Will do!

Aug 28, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #2,695 of 87,849
Aug 28, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #2,697 of 87,849
Aug 28, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #2,700 of 87,849

I need to go back and watch Canadian Bacon again. I know the movie was really making fun of Americans:smile:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back